What does one year of dust look like?

Gnesen

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
...or how not to advertise your gear. Not mine, no affiliation.

"Insignia Bluetooth Stereo System W/Two Speakers - $300
Bought brand new a year ago! Great sounds and awesome stereo!! Needs to be gone out of my shop by end of month!"

I know it was in a shop, but, for gosh sakes, clean it up before taking the photo. Especially if asking top dollar (relative to the cost of buying something similar new).

01010_iOMzMhnuBfh_1200x900.jpg

00303_7sxLVwrGw4m_600x450.jpg

Well ... he was nice enough to grind the dust off the plastic display with his thumb! Can't beat that for attention to detail!

On one hand you want them to clean it up a little for the photo, on the other you know they'd use a dirty shop rag to drag the dust off and leave scratches all over the thing.

If it's in his wood shop that could have been cleaned 20 minutes ago.
Besides, if it is something I'm interested I'd just as soon they leave it. Keeps the people away that can't see the diamonds for the dirt.

I am constantly amazed at how little effort people put into presentation in their ads.
Five to ten minutes of elbow grease might actually help you sell.

the pic in the OP looks like a week of dust in my house, with tile downstairs and shitty window and door seals. I really hate dusting too.

Yes, a General Electric VACU-MAGIC. It is in need of repair .. I bought it at an antique's store in Port Huron for fifty bucks three years ago. I knew it wasn't in working order but just had to have it! Haven't done anything to it because my extra cash that I saved was used for the purchase of my McIntosh MA6100 and MR74.

I have a smaller GE tube console that sounds sweet so I imagine the other will only sound better once it's up and running.

Attachments

• DSCF4963.JPG
    DSCF4963.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF4782.JPG
    DSCF4782.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom