What drives you nuts at concerts?

3 things for me:

- Overpriced tickets
- All age shows

Two questions.
How do you determine what an overpriced ticket is?
Does all ages show mean you want age limits so kids can't attend? (are concerts age limit restricted? I had never know this)

Two questions.
Does all ages show mean you want age limits so kids can't attend? (are concerts age limit restricted? I had never know this)
Most shows that are not at some mega arena are 21 and up.

BS - I am an adult and keep my phone in my pocket -
its for my JOB, which pays for the tickets
- but some gatekeeper tries to take my phone??
Lets just say it won't go well ...

why is that?

Although many of us use our phones for work at formally non work times and places does not concert etiquette dictate we do not?

Two questions.

Overpriced to me is "would I pay this much back when they were in their hayday?" (i.e. Elton John was the hot ticket in my area back in March. Nosebleed, behind the stage tickets were almost $300).

There are a handful of 18+ venue in my city. Though I have gone to shows there, I prefer the 21+ venues. It's not necessarily the concert, it's the venue, which also extends my arena venue post. They sound like crap, viewing the show is crap, and usually demand the overpriced tickets.

People that want to record the show on their camera's.

I personally don't think digital media should be allowed in shows. They don't allow lighters in concerts anymore, so there is a precedent.

In general, the worst behavior I run into is from people from my generation (was 18 in 1979) with digital media in their paws.

Anyway, the best crowds are always at Chamber music concerts. There is still some civility left somewhere.

At some venues it is requested you turn them off.... I have seen people removed for not....

Overpriced to me is "would I pay this much back when they were in their hayday?" (i.e. Elton John was the hot ticket in my area back in March. Nosebleed, behind the stage tickets were almost $300).

There are a handful of 18+ venue in my city. Though I have gone to shows there, I prefer the 21+ venues. It's not necessarily the concert, it's the venue, which also extends my arena venue post. They sound like crap, viewing the show is crap, and usually demand the overpriced tickets.

gotcha

it's not that the ticket is necessarily overpriced, it is not an acceptable price to you. Fair enough.

gotcha

it's not that the ticket is necessarily overpriced, it is not an acceptable price to you. Fair enough.

I desperately wanted to see Fleetwood Mac with both Christie McVie and Stevie Nicks in Pittsburgh last year--but the cheapest seats were $110 + fees--so call it a buck and a half for each ticket up in the rafters. Thank GOD for my Stagehands union card--picked up my ID card and had total access to the entire venue--Consol Energy Center--now PPG Paints Arena--great venue BTW--I just had to look busy and throw around a few road cases for a few hours.

EDIT/ADDITION--if two of us had gone to the concert, it would have been easily $300 in tix, $40-50 in parking and hundreds of dollars in food and drink for one night--so call it close to a grand--that is what is killing big live shows.

why is that?

Although many of us use our phones for work at formally non work times and places does not concert etiquette dictate we do not?
Who or what I do is not relevant for you.
But I am on call and available, and should the phone vibrate,
I'd walk to the concourse if I had to take a call mid-concert. Thats just proper phone ettiquite.

Then again, I go to MUCH fewer shows than I did when I was younger and did not have cellphones ...
Fewer folks I want to see for the huge fees concerts cost any more ...

And I saw a lot of the bands I wanted to see back then, when they were in their heyday ...

Childish, mindless behavior.

Poor sound system or worse, good sound system that is not optimized.

Much worse, poor sound or good sound system in the hands of people who claim to be sound engineers but it sounds like crap and think that loud is good.

Who or what I do is not relevant for you.

then why the tease?

As I understand it, a message board is where, "websites offer discussion boards so that users can share and discuss information and opinions."

You said, "- but some gatekeeper tries to take my phone??

Lets just say it won't go well ..."

I was simply wondering what you meant by that. You shared, I was interested in discussing.

Still wondering what you meant.

My daughter took me to a Jonathan Edwards concert last year at a small venue club where you can bring your own drinks. Some woman in the audience began yelling "Sunshine" all throughout the performance. Edwards finally said, "Take it easy. I'll get to it." You could tell she had too much too drink. Maybe the BYOB idea isn't such a good idea.

I went to see Peter Noone (of Herman's Hermits) and this one woman in the audience kept yelling "play Henry the 8th!". He finally looked right at her and said "No, love, that's the one we do at the END of the show." Everybody laughed and the woman shut up.

Good show, by the way, far exceeded my expectations.

Went see dead and co. a while back at DTE, used to be pine knob... They only had 4 or 5 gates to get everyone into the show. Metal detectors were running. The line went on forever. It took at least an hour to finally get in, and we missed half of the first set. I'm sure that some people in the back of the line missed the whole first set. I've never seen anything like that before. It was kind of a mess.

Back
Top Bottom