What genres of music do you listen to - please read post first!

What are your favorite genres of music?

• Classical

Votes: 196 34.5%
  • Country

Votes: 86 15.1%
  • Dance/Alternative

Votes: 67 11.8%
  • Jazz/Swing

Votes: 260 45.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Pop

Votes: 116 20.4%
  • Rap

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • Rock

Votes: 434 76.4%
  • Techno/Rave

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Blues

Votes: 241 42.4%
  • Folk

Votes: 119 21.0%
  • Reggae

Votes: 55 9.7%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 104 18.3%

• Total voters

alexkerhead

To High For Infinity
Which genre's of music do you enjoy mainly.
I know most of us are versitile for music choices, but what is your preferred types of music?

If you listen to opera, jazz, and classical mostly click them only please, don't check every box just because you have listened to them a little..lol
Just whatever you catch yourself playing by yourself when you are alone.
:thmbsp:

Need a place for Blues and Folk, and Reggae needs to be away from Rap.

Andyman said:
Need a place for Blues and Folk, and Reggae needs to be away from Rap.
You're going to have to consult a mod on that, I don't have sufficient privilages to edit a poll.
If you like blues and folk, click other and specify.
Is it that hard?

Need to separate out Smooth Jazz and 70's/80's Hair Metal too.... Classic rock ain't the same that today's crapola is ....

Scorpion8 said:
Need to separate out Smooth Jazz and 70's/80's Hair Metal too.... Classic rock ain't the same that today's crapola is ....
I only get 10 options to work with bro :thmbsp:

alexkerhead said:
I only get 10 options to work with bro :thmbsp:

I know, but some of the options doesn't have a place in my music rack. It's all personal choice, but I could call out enough separate rock categories to make up 10 choices alone. Old School baby! :music:

Rock :guitar:
Alternative
Punk
Industrial
Metal
Classic

Blues and Jazz comes in at a very close second and third.

Scorpion8 said:
I know, but some of the options doesn't have a place in my music rack. It's all personal choice, but I could call out enough separate rock categories to make up 10 choices alone. Old School baby! :music:

Easy way out- make your own poll with your preferences spotlighted- that's all this one is. Seems like polls are everywhere on the forums suddenly. No reason you can't have one of yr very own.

‘Other’ because I mostly listen to Jazz (but not swing), Blues, Reggae (but never Rap), Alternative (but not dance), Rock, Classical and a few types that don't fit here.

At work: Classical, electronica/ambient, and instrumentalism (instrumental music, a la GYBE, Mono, Do Make Say Think, Hanged Up, Album Leaf, Tristeza, et al)

At home: pop/rock/metal and "difficult listening" (Laurie Anderson, later Talk Talk, et al, any contemporary pop/rock/indie/alternative with dynamics)

In the car: pop/rock/metal

Fav is and always will be Classical, Romantic to be more precise. Then Blues and rock.

Lately tho my playlist has been dominated by opera metal.

Other than the big band jazz and Classical, late Romantic, that I voted for, the three types of music not listed on the poll that I listen to frequently are Drum and Bugle Corps, Bluegrass, and Barbershop. I like music that makes me grin.

Greg

Predominantly Rock in many of it's manifestations (fussion, alternative, country,) Classical and Bluegrass :banana:

kinda hard to answer because I get a song or artist in my head and i go grab the cd/lp/cassette and I usually grab what ever cd/lp/cassettes are next to them, without paying attention

Two examples, today I got home with Middletown Dreams (Rush, Power Windows) in the noggin and that lead me to THe Steve Miller Band, U2 and a different Rush cd

Yesterday I wanted to give my Oingo Boingo lp (Dead Man's Party) a spin and the lead to The Police, Paul Simon, Dave Brubeck and Miles Davis (that was nice). I like the randomness of it and it works as I have no filing system in place and when I do, it stays for the shortest of time periods.

What's the difference between "Dance/Alternative" and "Techno/Rave"? UNLESS "dance" refers to Tango, Cha-Cha, Samba and such, these seem like much the same thing to me.

Of course, I'm aware that younger people try to classify "Techno/Rave" much further into sub-genres like "Drum and Bass", "Swing" (which to me means Artie Shaw, Bennie Goodman, etc...), etc.... but frankly it's all in the same general category to me.

Back
Top Bottom