What has 4 wheels, goes 280mph+ and is worth $10 Million?

Nah, waiting for the Hennesey Venom F5 which is expected to do 301 MPH and cost $1.6M...in my next life, of course.

Doug is a crack up - you can see he got all dressed up for this.

After the first word out of his mouth made me realize who it was, I turned it off. Honestly cannot stand his videos. It doesn't help that I really have no use for modern super/hyper/ultra cars. But, I thought I'd see what was said about it. Until him.

The narrator somehow manages to combine the annoying aspects of Mark Zuckerberg and Jay Leno...I made it a full 25 seconds into it. Somewhat akin to listening to Quentin Tarantino dissect a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

The new Aston Martin Valkyrie is going to be astounding.

The motor weighs less than 100 pounds, and makes 1,000 horsepower without boost.

And the engine block is the frame for the car. The rear torsion bars run through the intake plenum.

(edit...did my kgs to lbs conversion wrong...the motor weighs 440 lbs)

Last edited:
The motor weighs less than 100 pounds

Your maths are a bit suspect. I said 'bullshit' to myself before watching the video. I watched and at 8:45 they say the target weight (which they met for all intents) was 200 kg. That's 440 pounds.

Your maths are a bit suspect. I said 'bullshit' to myself before watching the video. I watched and at 8:45 they say the target weight (which they met for all intents) was 200 kg. That's 440 pounds.

Good call ! I did my rough weight conversion backwards.

It's a heck of a motor, though.

It's a heck of a motor, though.

I am interested in the engine only (really none of the car/project is actual Aston Martin). Its power is impressive, sure (of course, giving Cosworth a blank sheet, it would be). I am more impressed with the weight. Most folks won't understand but, for such a long engine, that is a STRESSED MEMBER, 450 odd lbs is pretty amazing. If it had been designed as a 'drop in', they could have shaved a considerable chunk of weight off it, relieving it of the load-bearing duties.

Back
Top Bottom