What I learned on Craigslist

Craigslist won't stop scammers using their own site. Just read a news article about a lady legitimately renting her home on a Airbnb or VRBO etc site. She's then gets an email asking why she is listing it on Craigslist for cheaper?
She goes to the link and sure enough a guy has ripped every photo of her home and pasted it. What is further irritating the listing goes into say go look at the home then leave s deposit. She has a young daughter and people are coming over looking in her bedroom, living room etc while she is there!
The gent who is scamming has the nerve to email her say "don't be mad. I'm just trying to make a living".
Local police can't do anything.

Wonder why CL won't take action on these kind of scammers like our recent receiver guy.

Surprised that's not some sort of fraud or attempted theft. If the guy is posing as the owner and seeking money.

One would think CL should ban the guy (if that's possible) or at least delete his account. Since it is merely a 'venue' I can see why they wouldn't have the resources to take legal action, even if there was something to hang their hat on.

CL has done nothing to stop "Monster Receiver Guy" out of Indy. He still is posting and abusing almost daily in this area.

Barney

They claim staffing isn't there to address all these fraudsters. Odd even of you lay out listing after listing, after listing on this guy. There has to be some kinda across state line illegal mumbo jumbo, fraud through the mail system.

They claim staffing isn't there to address all these fraudsters. Odd even of you lay out listing after listing, after listing on this guy. There has to be some kinda across state line illegal mumbo jumbo, fraud through the mail system.

Maybe it IS across a state line, which is why the cops don't want the hassle of trying to get the cops in another jurisdiction to cooperate. Or, maybe the legitimate owner isn't the cop's favorite kind of person, one way or another....

CL has done nothing to stop "Monster Receiver Guy" out of Indy. He still is posting and abusing almost daily in this area.
Barney

Yep, as far north as Detroit, west as Michigan City, no idea how many CL areas he hits daily.

When I see 'em I flag 'em here.

I actually tried that once, in my early days in the hobby. I never imagined it would be an adequate repair, I just thought I might get an idea of whether the woofers in question were worth repairing. Only did one of a pair. They weren't.

Found the pic I posted back in 2010:
index.php

Extra credit for creativity with masking tape, and doing a nice job of it. :D Dang, you didn't realize that made it Craigslist-worthy? ;)

I afterwards got $1.98 surrounds and put them on. Sounded about the same. They were Pioneer rack-system type speakers.

On a positive note. This ad made me smile.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-stuff/o...am/1261952037?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Vintage philips bi-ampli phono/radiogram for almost free. Limited quantity.

Has old turntable that plays 33 rpm disks by dropping them one after the other.

Still works. I need to add a caveat after "Still Works". It has been languishing in a corner for the off year or two.

When turned it on, the radio makes those "lovely" post war "Thomas Dolby" crackling sounds as the tubes warm up. The phono cartridge/stylus works and sounds come out of the speakers.

This is not a Linn Sondek LP12. It ostensible spins at 33/45/78. More likely 26/41/350 - in other words the turntable goes round but voices will sound like Klingons snoring or chipmunks.

I will need some TLC to work as new before enjoying the sense of satisfaction having recreated that 50's sound and atmosphere..

Or would make a great cabinet/conversation piece when one get's depressed about the state of the world.

I originally placed this ad in order to please my 97 year old Mother who (now I realise was more prescient than me) thought it would be coveted and popular.

I really didn’t expect so many positive responses - so I have rephrased the offer.

Now, I am going to tell her I sold it for $150. And will go to the cash machine and take out what is necessary to make this happen.

So, If you are still interested, tell me the poetic story of why you want it, and it is yours.

If you want to donate a few pennies to a non-religious charity of your choice, that is your business.

Knowing it is appreciated by someone who, when they come by to tell her how much they like it (pretending to have paid $150), is worth more to her than any amount of money.

I've learned that two Pioneer speakers of which I had not heard, the CS-711 and the CS-811, go nicely together.
Pioneer CS-811 and CS-711.jpg

Two pioneer speakers one is model cs811 and one is cs711
Old school speakers
Fair condition
75.00 OBO
link (not affiliated)

Back
Top Bottom