What I learned on Craigslist

Its amazing that the 2 year old was able to get to both speakers to punch them in.

What I like about CL is, being just a audio 'commoner', I can find just about everything I already own there with some frequency. With patience in searching, I have been able to find out that all of my junk is already 'High End', which has saved me a lot of money on upgrades.

My selling price should be set because the lowballer says the reason is "...that is my budget..."

I guess my next ad should be price is whatever you budget is.

Today on CL, I learned that hotel towels and gaffing tape make wonderful surround material.

SPEAKER BOXES. HOME
https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/ele/d/speaker-boxes-home/6288355614.html

00707_1smWbgjFnO_1200x900.jpg

"MARANTZ 1515 3WAY LIQUID COOLED. WITH CROSSOVER WIRES INSIDE."

All of this audiophile quality workmanship can be yours for $75! Not mine, no affiliation.

an ad for a single HPM100
"This speaker alone pushes 1500watts it will shake ur walls in ur house it was custom made"

WOW pioneer made custom stuff

I think a person's IQ drops by 34 points each time they write "ur". :rolleyes: Or IOW, the type of person selling their "custom made" Pioneers. :D

How in the world did he figure that this console was built in (precisely) 1948-49? To be that exact but so totally wrong... They weren't even making stereo consoles prior to 1950, period. Not for about 10 years yet. And this one looks like 1968-69...

$_59.JPG

From the ad
"Cabinet styling by Deilcraft (Dominion Electrohome Ind. Ltd., Kitchener ON). Electrohome solid state radio equipped for satellite sound. Dual 1009 SK phonograph needs a needle. Both in working condition built in 1948 or 1949. Area behind sliding doors for a TV (was removed because it did not work) or for example, an electric fireplace. $50.00"

Satellite sound 8 years before satellites? That's some forward thinking engineering right there!

Back
Top Bottom