What I learned on Craigslist

Craigslist just worked perfectly for me. Sold my Sony TA-E1000ESD pre amp for full asking price after the ad was up less than 48 hours. No time wasters, no spammers, just a nice guy with cash, who wanted my pre-amp. Couldn't have been easier.

MRG is now advertising on Louisville KY craigslist (and Evansville KY). Most of them show him in Indianapolis so it's easy to tell.

I should drive a $50 item to deliver it because the potential buyer does not have a car. I offered $10 shipping, which is less than the actual cost here, and got no response. I was close to hie end of town for something else and offered to meet at a coffee shop, but just got an answer that he has no car. Well, for the $ saved from not having a car, spend the $10 on shipping. This was a brand new in the box item at cost that I had an extra of and was just getting my cost back.

I also find that when you deliver, 50% of the time the buyer acts like they are doing you a favor and wants to maul it over checking things out, as if they have not committed.

I learned how to measure TV sizes!

This one is 20".

00S0S_kfOK2mJJkYm_600x450.jpg

After posting an ad, I learned yesterday that anything to do with breeding or selling dogs/puppies other that "Rehoming" is forbidden.
Imagine.
I've done it on and off for 15 years.

Craigslist just worked perfectly for me. Sold my Sony TA-E1000ESD pre amp for full asking price after the ad was up less than 48 hours. No time wasters, no spammers, just a nice guy with cash, who wanted my pre-amp. Couldn't have been easier.

Gumtree is much the same platform in Australia as what Craigslist is in the USA.

What I can say is that it's the way people have become all over the world, but you'll still have nice respectful people as well, sadly as time goes on those respectful people have had a gutful of how life is becoming and are slowly becoming another one of those disrespectful people.

I've found that when I sell something I will advertise it at a sensible good value price and initially all I'll get is the half price flippers that respond but I just ignore them and then a few days later I'll get a sensible person respond that will purchase the item and make the experience all worth while.

I strongly feel that the way of the world with it's high unemployment and many other social issues has made folk become rude and arrogant people, sadly it aint going to change for the better, so get used to it and one has to become far more resilient.

Same here, but it was a Denon DCM-444. Nice lady showed up handed me the cash took the player, no problems. The guys usually want to haggle, so I ask a little more, then sell it for what I would have listed it for to begin with.

That said there are plenty of shysters on C.L.

Gumtree is much the same platform in Australia as what Craigslist is in the USA.

What I can say is that it's the way people have become all over the world, but you'll still have nice respectful people as well, sadly as time goes on those respectful people have had a gutful of how life is becoming and are slowly becoming another one of those disrespectful people.

I've found that when I sell something I will advertise it at a sensible good value price and initially all I'll get is the half price flippers that respond but I just ignore them and then a few days later I'll get a sensible person respond that will purchase the item and make the experience all worth while.

I strongly feel that the way of the world with it's high unemployment and many other social issues has made folk become rude and arrogant people, sadly it aint going to change for the better, so get used to it and one has to become far more resilient.

I think people HAVE had a “gutfull” and are getting ready to change it. The younger folks here see what’s coming and are getting active.

I learned today that instead of listing for less on CL, vs Ebay, some people actually list their item for more. The audio item is listed on Ebay for 20% less than the CL ad. Have I been doing it wrong?

There are any number of possible explanations for an exception, but basically supply and demand are going to meet at a higher point of ebay, due to more viewers and thus more demand.

I’ve actually gotten more than eBay price sold listings when I list locally, but only on listings of items that aren’t that common. You can tell when you have three people all vying for the same item within 24 hours of listing.

I now realize I should have been more clear. The CL seller has the same unit, listed on Ebay for less. They would get about 30% less(after fees) if someone were to hit the lower BIN. Perhaps the higher CL asking price is to make the Ebay listing look more enticing. It got my attention.:)

Back
Top Bottom