What is the best integrated amp you've heard?

Thanks - that can get me started! I opened up the PSX to find four big caps, and they appear to be electrolytics, but they are labeled/branded as "FILMCAP."

Just to toss it's hat in the ring if it hasn't been mentioned previously the Onkyo 7090 dual mono does a lot right and I like the layout.

+1. For the AU 9500.

Thought this one should be on the list.

Mine is restored by BKTHEKING and it’s a keeper.

Last edited:
After years with various amps and receivers(Yamaha, Rotel, Sony, Denon, HH Scott, NAD) I auditioned a few of the new breeds, some were incredible, like the Peachtree, Hegel, but my ears led me to buy the Cambridge Audio cxa 80.
I wanted an amp with a respectable DAC, multiple speaker hook ups, and great sound along with solid power.
This 80 wpc dual mono, class A/B amp has thus far exceeded my expectations. It's driving two sets of restored ADS speakers(880/980) and has more than enough power to bring out their best, which is pretty darn good!
It's been a perfect marriage between vintage and modern, consider myself a happy customer.
cambridge-audio-cxa80--internal_1024x1024.jpg

UPDATE:

I wasn't getting enough decibels out of my Vandersteens, powered by the Superphon pre and the Proton AA-1150 power amp. So...I pulled the Luxman A-007 integrated, which had been doing computer duty for a long time, and tried it out in the main system. Results: better sound, lush vocals and MORE BASS. My wife loves it, basshead that she is. The Luxman is a Jensen-era ugly duckling, but in the words of Han Solo, "She's got it where it counts, kid!" It won't be going back to computer duty, ever. It's 35 wpc too, versus the Proton's 50.

Sony 700es was the best for me but it shot sparks out of the top one day for no apparent reason. Started me out buying all sorts of older HT receivers in search of that amazing sound. Still haven't found it...

Back
Top Bottom