What is the best integrated amp you've heard?

The best Amp integrated into a Receiver I've ever heard Technics SA 800..

I gest

All Receivers have Amps integrated into them after all....

I have a couple of these as well. Really cannot fault them at all.

For me the Technics SU-V4X

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000010D_zpsq38yxs0a.jpg

Clean and punchy with good soundstage. Mm/mc phono capable... In silver and black

I love my QRX Restored Sansui AU-7700, my Sansui Quad receiver QRX-6500 has a sweet sound, I use it to synthesize and drive my rear quads.

Rogue Cronus Magnum V1. Tubes powerful enough to drive Maggie's. Yet, has lovely tone and detail.
Anyway, best I've lived with.

My 1987 Sansui AU-X901 (130W) that I'm using right now. Sansui's first alpha.

Works for me just fine! It puts a smile on my face every time I play it!

I had an Onkyo A-10 integrated amp (also an A-7) that sounded very very good- that A-10 was sweet but it was getting a bit long in the tooth and needed a recap so I sold it to a member here that fixes them up. I hope he got it running well again.

I just bought one. It weighs a ton!
Not an amp but the STA2080 is one of the best receivers I’ve had , the right balance of warm and detail with a nice little punch ! The tone , mid and bass with a good loudness loop can make even a crappy source sound decent ! And while 80wpc at .03% rms is not earth shaking power it’s plenty for most vintage speakers ! I prefer it over my Mac1900, Carver HR772 , STA2290 , Denon DRA825 , KR 6050 all which I consider to be decent receivers !

Not an amp but the STA2080 is one of the best receivers I’ve had , the right balance of warm and detail with a nice little punch ! The tone , mid and bass with a good loudness loop can make even a crappy source sound decent ! And while 80wpc at .03% rms is not earth shaking power it’s plenty for most vintage speakers ! I prefer it over my Mac1900, Carver HR772 , STA2290 , Denon DRA825 , KR 6050 all which I consider to be decent receivers !
Also both phono stages are quiet and sound very good !

I've heard a lot of good integrateds before incl: Dartzeel, Rowland, Soulution, D'Agostino, Ypsilon, Vitus, Audia Flight, Accuphase and Audio Note. I may be a bit biased being a Vitus owner, but overall the best integrated amp i've heard is the Vitus SIA-030. I had a chance to have a good listen to that amp at the Melbourne Hifi Show last year & was impressed by it's build quality, quietness, resolution, smoothness, tube-like liquidy, holography, bottom end grip and effortlessness. The amp is essentially neutral compared to my SIA-025, however there is a touch of warmth in Class A mode. Vitus Signature Series amps can be summed up in one word "natural". The SIA-030 has a modular design like other Vitus amps, and can accept firmware updates via USB. So it is future-proof. That will be my next amp, and could well be the amp I doddle off into retirement with. Yes it's that good :cool: .

1709407933993.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom