What is the BEST Sansui EQ (rack)

SE-9 and condenser mic

Zeke said:
Do they mean, then, a 600 ohm electret condensor mic was easy to find? Any theories on now? Perhaps an equivalent replacement?

I'm interested in the SE-9, but only if this particular feature functions.

Thanks!

:banana: I’m picking up this thread since a 40 km drive and about 50 USD yesterday got me a very nice looking SE-9.

It wasn’t that I thought I really needed an equalizer, but finding such a fine piece of Sansui not far away and to a reasonable price made my Sansui fever raising a few degrees. The SE-9 was an OONR (one owner, never raced) thing, the owner took it right down from the shelf in the living room, but I think the wife acceptance factor got him! And the SE-9 even came with the operation instruction.

At home I finally got the bored kids out of the living room and hooked up the SE-9. I’m not into monster cables (nor speakers or phones kind of such), but the idea of sending the fine input signal from my AU-9900 amp via the tape rec output and back again from the EQ via the tape play input by a pair of very ordinary phone cables didn’t impress me (for some reason I thought the EQ was to ‘squeezed’ in between the pre out and the main in on the amp.

But did the Se-9 sound nice? You bet!
Using the factory setting of memory 1 (described thus in the OM: “Equalizing for a sound filled with verve and gutsiness”) my warm sounding (read: a bit muddy) sp-2500 speakers came to live. I never succeeded to get anything good out of using the treble, midrange or bass pots on the amp (or on any other amp for that sake). But equalizing with the Se-9 took my breath away. I now need to find space in my rack for the SE-9. The rear amp has to go (only to another room)!

The SE-9 didn’t come with microphone that you need to let the SE-9 analyze the audio condition of your listening room (it was to be bought separately, the former owner told me). I have though a condenser electret microphone (this one: http://www.total-music.com/product/9), but wonder if it will do as well. It is not 600 ohm but 1 :banana: kohm.

I just (in the middle of writing this post) gave it a shot. My wife and a cat named Bob (after Bob Marley) didn’t like the pink noise that the SE-9 produced. I had to turn the amp quit up – the SE-9 tells you by indicating that the level is too low, to do so. Pink noise does not have a high WAF!

I will return with conclusions when I get a proper chance to let the SE-9 analyze the audio qualities of my living room. And some time to listen to some compu-equalized music.

Peter, Denmark

I have a SE-7 and personaly love it. There appears to be very little added noise compared to others I've tried. It is quite clean. The walnut veneer is actually the famous Sansui walnut mactac. Sure wish they had used veneer.

pqrannes said:
The SE-9 didn’t come with microphone that you need to let the SE-9 analyze the audio condition of your listening room (it was to be bought separately, the former owner told me).

Peter, Denmark

I don't believe it's true as the mic is a part of the special feature of SE-9
Ask Quali-Fi the former distributor for Sansui in Denmark now located in Birkeröd. Phone 45825005

Stene said:
I don't believe it's true as the mic is a part of the special feature of SE-9
Ask Quali-Fi the former distributor for Sansui in Denmark now located in Birkeröd. Phone 45825005

Well, the former owner who apparently was the original owner too told me he never bought the mic for his SE-9 and of course the SE-9 then was overkill without the mic.

:scratch2: Thx for the phone number thought the yellow pages shows that it belongs to "Museums Aktieselskabet" which is "The Museum Corporation" what ever that is. Didn't try to call the number.

Peter, Denmark (enjoying the dedicated music room coming along - a shelves for 6 meter vinyl records are to be set up tomorrow!)

pqrannes said:
:scratch2: Thx for the phone number thought the yellow pages shows that it belongs to "Museums Aktieselskabet" which is "The Museum Corporation" what ever that is. Didn't try to call the number.
:D :D :D

This is what I got from Krak.dk

Quali-Fi A/S
Adresse: Nobisvej 32
3460 Birkerød
Telefon: +45 4582 5005
Mobil: +45 4095 5026
Fax: +45 4582 5006
Web-site:
E-mail:
CVR nr.: 46578910

Let's exchange numbers

Stene said:
:D :D :D

This is what I got from Krak.dk

Quali-Fi A/S
Adresse: Nobisvej 32
3460 Birkerød
Telefon: +45 4582 5005
Mobil: +45 4095 5026
Fax: +45 4582 5006
Web-site:
E-mail:
CVR nr.: 46578910

Thx Stene,

:banana: I'll vote for krak.dk then. And might even give Quali-Fi a call.

Peter, Denmark

Does anybody know where I can get an owners manual for an SE88.only one on the internet is in German. Can't seem to find one in english

Back
Top Bottom