What is the correct setting for the gain pots on front of Bryston 4B-Pro?

baje55

I have a Bryston 4B-Pro that has the gain adjustments on the front. At what level do I set the gains when using my tube preamplifier. (Yaqin MS-12b)
Thanks

If you want to limit what gets to the speakers so you don't blow them, then I would set the pre volume to something like 1/2 or 2/3 with the Bryston cranked down, then spin those up to as loud as is safe for you and your speakers. Then..you have a pre-set limit in place.
Or, just set the Bryston pots to about 7 out of 10, and be careful with the pre volume.

I have a Bryston 4B-Pro that has the gain adjustments on the front. At what level do I set the gains when using my tube preamplifier. (Yaqin MS-12b)
Thanks

1. Turn the gain pots all the way down

2. Put on your favorite tunes

3. Set the volume control of the Yaquin to 1/2 - 2/3.

4. Turn the gain pots to a level that produces as much or maybe a little more volume than you'd normally ever expect to play.

5. Now you should have a nice usable range of volume control knob on the Yaquin.

Basically the same as previously described just laid out in steps.

Just bear in mind that gain controls/level controls/attenuators are not power limiters, they only set the ratio of output signal to input signal.

Back
Top Bottom