What Is The Most Abused Subject Here At AK?

Most Horse-Beaten Subjects On AK!

• Bose Bashing

Votes: 118 23.2%
  • Cables

Votes: 65 12.8%
  • Digital vs Analog

Votes: 60 11.8%
  • Direct Drive vs Belt Drive

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Pioneer HPM 100 Speakers

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Scores

Votes: 75 14.8%
  • Source vs Speakers

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Speaker Stacking

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Technics SL-1200 Tuntables

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • Thrift Store Whining

Votes: 132 26.0%

• Total voters
Vintage vs. new, as in my $25 vintage system blows away all those new high-end systems I just checked out.

For me, it's the audiophile vs. music lover, audiophile vs. audio enthusiast, definition of the word audiophile, are you an audiophile, etc.

"Scroe" was bearable the first 8000 times someone used it but is now just plainly irksome. I automatically skip such posts. "Score" is fine, even though it's usually someone getting all wet over something completely mundane. As long as they don't "scroe" about it it's okay with me.

Last edited:
Not on the poll but those who must own every single note ever played by a particular band and all its spinoffs AND who take up so much bandwidth crowing about it irk me. For example, I really love the Dead - they were one of the greatest bands - but I have no desire to own 1433 different versions of RIPPLE.

Last one, I promise

Those who ask us to ID some component and then post photos too small and or blurry to be usable. That any of them get identified is a miracle and a real testament to the expertise of some members.

My vote went to "Digital vs Analog".

Oh, you know you love a good chance to rub it in how great digital can sound.

If it wasn't for the tired dead horse debate threads, I wouldn't have anywhere left to post. The modern gear forum is like a ghost town.

"Scroe" was bearable the first 8000 times someone used it but is now just plainly irksome. I automatically skip such posts. "Score" is fine, even though it's usually someone getting all wet over something completely mundane. As long as they don't "scroe" about it it's okay with me.

Personally...back in the day,score had nothing to do with an audio component purchase,curbside find,etc.

Scroe is something else. It only took you 8000 posts?????

I'd much rather see the Old vs New argument eliminated completely.

That would be very counterproductive as the basis for a forum like this is discussion. Simply to eliminate a topic because one does not agree with it, cuts at the heart of any discussion. Perhaps a better course of action would not be to participate in such discussions then they wouldn't annoy you. :music:

That would be very counterproductive as the basis for a forum like this is discussion. Simply to eliminate a topic because one does not agree with it, cuts at the heart of any discussion. Perhaps a better course of action would not be to participate in such discussions then they wouldn't annoy you. :music:

But the fundemental problem with THAT is that the age, or newness of something has absolutely no impact on it's sonic performance.

Therefore, rendering such arguments on a site like this, irrelephant.

irrelephant_132080387669.jpg

Pink Floyd

Nah, none of these bug me in the least. It's all the threads about Pink Floyd that annoy me. Broaden your horizons, people! :D

Back
Top Bottom