What Is The Most Contentious Subject On AK *Opinions, Not Argumentation*

What Do You Feel Is The Most Contentious Subject In AK Forums?

• Receivers vs. Separates

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Vintage vs. Modern

Votes: 102 28.0%
  • Bose vs. Anything

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Analog vs. Digital

Votes: 79 21.7%
  • "Our" Generation vs. "This" Generation

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • Other? EXPLAIN.

Votes: 93 25.5%

• Total voters
And some of us are pretty Looney and Wako!! :nutz::nutz::nutz:

Looney%20Tunes.jpg
Yosemite-Sam-warner-brothers-animation-30976315-800-766.jpg

Animaniacs_768767.jpg
Pinkyandthebrain.jpg

Last edited:
wires. but take care or this thread will be closed. no strongly held opinions. this thread is a survivor!
a similar thread today was dead after maybe 5 posts. no profanity or 1200s either. just war.......high priced war. link proved that jumper cables make the best speaker war.

Jumper cables were not the winners, you need to read the article. The winner was 300 ohm twin lead.

Lately, a new form of passionate confrontation (totally uncomprehensible to me) is: (low power amps + high sensitive speakers) versus ( high power amps + low sensitivity speakers). I can´t believe the level of discussion that this dichotomy generates among some AKrs!

It isn't the subject matter that gets threads closed. It is the approach taken by the posters. If they are considerate and respectful to all opinions, the thread can last forever. If, however, their only goal is to mock those with a different view to our joint hobby, then the thread will go away.

We are ALL on the lunatic fringe of the hobby.

I was thinking along that line. For example, someone asks for a recommendation for a cd player, the in come the "streaming guys" to tell him the cd is dead.
The ensuing debate is not really about computer vs cd, it is about hijacking the thread, for someones preference.

Many debates are more about changing the subject or pushing an opinion on someone, than they are about the particular topic at hand.

But of course, cables and wires are #1.

Also, don't forget UPS vs FedEx vs USPS.

Ebay vs the world.

I was thinking along that line. For example, someone asks for a recommendation for a cd player, the in come the "streaming guys" to tell him the cd is dead.
The ensuing debate is not really about computer vs cd, it is about hijacking the thread, for someones preference.

Many debates are more about changing the subject or pushing an opinion on someone, than they are about the particular topic at hand.

But of course, cables and wires are #1.

Also, don't forget UPS vs FedEx vs USPS.

Ebay vs the world.

Yeah but streaming really is .... :tongue:; Oh wait, that's a sifferent thread....

:smsex: Shelly_D

Cats Or Dogs

Pastrami Or Corn Beef

Taco Bell Vs McDonald's

Football Vs Baseball

Blonde Vs Brunette Vs Redhead

You see people there is a contentious world outside AK.

Get out and experience it sometime will yah ???

Last edited:
See, and I was going to say we can't agree on pretty much anything.
We could probably do a better job at agreeing to disagree. We almost agreed on deoxit until we didn't. We also almost agreed on recapping, until we didn't. :crazy:

Let's see:
Dolby vs non-Dolby -AND- Dolby vs dbx
Vinyl vs CD -AND- Analog vs Digital
Belt Drive vs Direct Drive
Vintage vs Modern

Back
Top Bottom