What is the most prone to flame wars topic?

What is the most prone to flame wars topic? Vote here!

• Digital vs analog

• Streaming vs physical

• Moving magnet vs moving coil

• Direct drive vs belt drive

• Cables make a difference vs all cables sound the same

• Technics Sl-1200 mk2 vs anything else

• Tubes vs solid state

• Specs vs subjective experience

• Other. Write your answer in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
timmy-timmy, Fluffy is a handsome lookin' critter. And I'm not usually that fond of long-hairs!

His mother was a "stray" street/gutter tortoise hair coated European cat given to me in a bar while she was 2 months old or so. The father was a siamese roughneck ruling the block. Outdoor they met and... The mix of genre was hazardous but all kittens turned rather "exotic" but beautiful to say the least... All where raised with good music in their young age :rolleyes:

His mother was a "stray" street/gutter tortoise hair coated European cat given to me in a bar while she was 2 months old or so. The father was a siamese roughneck ruling the block. Outdoor they met and... The mix of genre was hazardous but all kittens turned rather "exotic" but beautiful to say the least... All where raised with good music in their young age :rolleyes:

Such a wise and intelligent face in that pic. Looks like a philosopher who's seen some $h!t. :D

Our Tiger Stripe was a stray too and was an extraordinary cat and wonderful friend while she was with us.

TSK 9_2013.jpg

But I digress! Pets are never a bone of contention at AK. Except for that one dude who crapped on the Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear thread because he didn't like cats. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Many have the tendency to be so self-centered that they think the sun rises and sets on them alone. I figure if you don't like the gear I've chosen or the music I listen to, that it's really none of your business and your opinion, while it may be interesting, is irrelevant. It's my money and my time and I have little enough of either left to justify trying to please every fool out there. Don't pee in my pool and I'll reciprocate.

Has to be cables haha. Which is silly because they CAN measure and sound different from one another. They not only can be different subjectively (particularly on a resolving system), but also can be different from a technical point of view. Different materials, gauges, lengths, and construction techniques will yield varying levels of resistance, inductance, and capacitance for a given run of cabling.
Now don't get me wrong. Two cables made with similar construction, materials, gauges, and lengths will probably sound quite similar.

... Please don't flame me haha. Peace on the forums! You are all cool to me no matter what you believe. I hope you find ultimate listening joy, no matter what you use!

Last edited:
All items on your list make a difference so subjective preference rules. All except for power cables. No scientific explanation has been presented on the efficacy of power cables. None. Ask for scientific evidence and the wagon circlers aka retailers and shills will gang up on you in an attempt to discredit your reputation. This is their standard playbook.

Has to be cables haha. Which is silly because they CAN measure and sound different from one another. They not only can be different subjectively (particularly on a resolving system), but also can be different from a technical point of view. Different materials, gauges, lengths, and construction techniques will yield varying levels of resistance, inductance, and capacitance for a given run of cabling.
Now don't get me wrong. Two cables made with similar construction, materials, gauges, and lengths will probably sound quite similar.

... Please don't flame me haha. Peace on the forums! You are all cool to me no matter what you believe. I hope you find ultimate listening joy, no matter what you use!
DisloyalRareConey-size_restricted.gif
DisloyalRareConey-size_restricted.gif

;)

All items on your list make a difference so subjective preference rules. All except for power cables. No scientific explanation has been presented on the efficacy of power cables. None. Ask for scientific evidence and the wagon circlers aka retailers and shills will gang up on you in an attempt to discredit your reputation. This is their standard playbook.
Haha AC power in general should probably be it’s own choice. That will always get a good a flame war going. Especially power cables :D

Last edited:
Don't get me started on the obvious and indisputable differences between digital and analog cables.

I like how we now have vacuum cleaners with digital motors.
I know about the differences between digital and analog cables. Analog is a sine wave, digital is a collection of 0’s and 1’s, which is interpreted by a DAC to make a sine wave.
I’ll not give my opinion, in order to not start a flame war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom