What is the one amp you would love to have

Nutsfortubes

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For me it is the Shindo Western Electric 300B.
Spent 6 hours listing to them, by far the best I have ever heard and I listened a lot.
767BFBDF-5F59-4D65-AAD2-33CC1BD0AA08.jpg

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/roadtour4/roadtour4.html

never seen them or had the chance to listen,but for 28 G's Ithink ill just have to settle for my Fisher 50a triode mono's....
have to agree on the speakers they use with these tho.Highly efficient vintage 2 ways with horns/large boxes and vitage tri-axials/o-axials with horns up top just are hard to beat

hunte

I would love me some Line Magnetics

Attachments

• Line-Magnetic-LM-219-IA-10-f630x378-ffffff-C-ae9ee7ba-72531459.jpg
    Line-Magnetic-LM-219-IA-10-f630x378-ffffff-C-ae9ee7ba-72531459.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 112
I am moving forward with a fully McShaned (every possible upgrade) Harman Kardon Citation II. Can't wait!

Geoff

I would love to have a VAS Reissue Citation I/II set (with the CIT-2 monoblocks). Or just a CIT-1 to go with my original CIT-2 that's being restored.

So nice:thmbsp:..how is it?

It`s a fantastic integrated, i have played around with different tubes and in my opinion have elevated the performance several notches above standard trim. It really came into it`s own after about 300 hrs. It will do what any good SS can do but yet has that tube signature of body and soul.

As Herb in the Stereophile review mentions in so many words it`s a reference quality amp.

Give it ample time to break-in and you will have an amp that performs better than most amps available at any price range.

Having owned his SE-OTL's, I'd like to see/hear/have a Transcendent Sound OTL stereo amp, XLR inputs around 60 watts.

I think that would exactly fit my bill.

Oh, and it would need to be able to be stood vertical (like on its side). I have my current amps (Crown K2's) mounted to a painted black 2x6. The amps are standing on their side behind the big top horn. Only way I could make things fit!!

It`s a fantastic integrated, i have played around with different tubes and in my opinion have elevated the performance several notches above standard trim. It really came into it`s own after about 300 hrs. It will do what any good SS can do but yet has that tube signature of body and soul.

Which tubes did you end up with?

Which tubes did you end up with?

This, Raytheon 1962 12AX7`s, Winged C EL34 for the driver tubes, Philips 5R4GYS for the rectifier tube, retained the stock 845`s.

The Raytheon`s brought tone, the Winged C`s brought life and the Philips added space and dimension. The stock tubes were actually good but this combination has taken the 518 to another place.

Would love to get my hands on an Accuphase A-65 or A-70 amp. I promise...after that, I won't need anything else.

Back
Top Bottom