What is this and is it worth $75?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wish I could so easily have been able to pick up a mate to several of my tube amp singles. Good score.

How do I get maximum value out of it?
Well your first post was edited because you said you wanted to know the value because your flipping it.

It is currently on my dining room table. Couple of AKers are waiting for pics. I stated what my plans are for it. I am no tech. I am a ss guy. No offense to anyone.
Here you admit that your in negotiations of a sale with other AKers to sell it to them.

Are you using D&S to flip gear? I thought Barter Town was the only option here.

Correct, blatant selling out of BT.

I was looking for advice. I posted all pics and got the info I needed.
And got buyers as well..

Well, I scored the other one for $75.

Did you know that staff can read all your privet messages? even deleted ones.

Heres some of the rules and more here
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....very-member-read-this-before-you-post.173884/

Primary prohibition:
ANY discussion or mention whatsoever, no matter how subtle, of anything that you intend to sell, or anything in which you have any involvement is absolutely forbidden. As in every AK forum, off-topic rants, thread-crapping, and showing lack of respect for other members will not be tolerated.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: THIS IS NOT EBAY. If the only reason you’re here is to attempt to drum up interest in things you want to sell, or to get information about things you want to sell, and you have no personal interest in the love of music or the equipment used to play music, leave now.

Examples of questions of value:
“Does anybody have any idea what my Fisher 500C might be worth?” Perfectly OK. It's perfectly ok because it doesn't say WHY you want to know.

“Does anybody have any idea what my Fisher 500C might be worth, because…
…I don’t need it.”
…I’m a solid-state guy.”
…I have two.”
…it clashes with the drapes.”
…or any other comment that even remotely implies: “I might be/could be/thinking about/considering selling it…” will result in the thread being deleted immediately.

However, we understand that sometimes a member has two different receivers, or speakers, and is looking for input as to which one is better. In that case, asking: "Which one has the better sound...which one is more valuable...which one is a better match for my JBL L100's, etc., etc.." is ok, as long as you DON'T say: "...and I'm going to sell the other one.".

Main point, and keep it in mind: It's perfectly ok to ask for input as to what something is worth, justDO NOT say why you want to know.

“The place to buy and sell is NOT here in D&S!”

If you would like to use AK to help you sell something or buy something, please use the Barter Town Forum which is available to you if you become a Subscriber.

This sort of sux to me. You don't really care about anything other than turning a profit. I'd rather see this gear be bought by somebody who will appreciate it at $75 and keep it themselves instead of somebody who is in it purely for profit.

I have guys in my city who have nothing better to do than buy good stuff that people sell cheap and try to sell it for 4 times the price the next day.

The rest of us have jobs we go to and don't have the luxury of surfing the classifieds every 5 mins.

Again I got shafted last night when a nice amp was for sale less than 4 hours. I contacted the seller and told it just sold. Sure enough up for sale again by some guy I see regularly selling gear and has 30+ ads in the classifieds.

Sigh......

I work 40 hours on night shift in the medical field. A couple of AKers, know the reason why I need the money. But, they show the courtesy of sending me private messages. I have a life changing event in my future. And it's not a good one.

Just pay 25.00 to become a subscriber and stop whining. Your reasons for flipping outside of bt have no bearing on circumventing the rules in place. And I must say it pains me to agree with 4-2-7

This sort of sux to me. You don't really care about anything other than turning a profit. I'd rather see this gear be bought by somebody who will appreciate it at $75 and keep it themselves instead of somebody who is in it purely for profit.

I have guys in my city who have nothing better to do than buy good stuff that people sell cheap and try to sell it for 4 times the price the next day.

The rest of us have jobs we go to and don't have the luxury of surfing the classifieds every 5 mins.

Again I got shafted last night when a nice amp was for sale less than 4 hours. I contacted the seller and told it just sold. Sure enough up for sale again by some guy I see regularly selling gear and has 30+ ads in the classifieds.

Sigh......
That guy probably works more hours than you, makes less money, has no health insurance, etc. I don't understand this sense of entitlement that you are more worthy of buying such a thing than any other guy, flipper or not. Most of the audio flippers I've met are actually really into this stuff, so much so that they've made it their job, or at least a secondary income in retirement. Most of the vintage audio I buy these days is eventually sold. I'd love to keep more of it, but how many systems can one person really have in their house?

It's amazing how many folks can make a mountain out of a molehill. Basically all you need do is report the thread if you feel it breaks the rules. We can then PM the OP (in a nice way) and explain the problem. When you start arguing back and forth it just muddies the water and causes unneeded heartache. Both for posters and moderators who have to come clean up the mess. Also when you correct someone in front of their peers it builds resentment and they usually feel compelled to defend themselves. Which as you can see degenerates into the shit storm we all see too often here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom