What is this Fisher Console?

ChadHahn

I saw this on craigslist and can't really find anything about it. The ad says it's a Fisher 401. I guess that's the receiver. A google search doesn't really turn up much about it, I'm guessing it's SS.

If it's running would it be a good receiver?

Thanks,

Chad

3nc3kd3ma5O65Pf5Sc996770a358d27a4152f.jpg

3nc3m93p25O95Qd5Rc9960f7aae2e037c1512.jpg

3n13ka3me5O35Qd5S39964690d5ed01411ed5.jpg

Looking at the 1969 Fisher Console Brochure, it looks like the receiver is the same one that's in the Executive. I don't know if the President receiver looks similar. It's funny that these brochures spend more space showing the cabinet and almost no space to the components.

Chad

1969FisherBrochure0038.jpg

I'd say it's mid-fi, guessing maybe 40 wpc. Looks like an older Miracord TT, and a cassette deck? Looks cool, but probably not worth whatever the seller is asking.

-Ed

now thats a gaudy cabinet! you'd have to pick that bad boy up in an oldsmobile vista cruiser to make things proper!

its probably mid fi but id pay $50 for it to yank that receiver.

I finally went to look at this thing. The receiver is a 24-rx with 140 Watts per channel. I didn't get it but they also had a Symphonic stereo console that I looked at. It didn't have much in the way of markings and was marked $75 so I passed on that one as well. I might go back and talk to them about that one after it has sat on the floor for a few weeks.

Chad

I don't think the cabinet is gaudy at all. In fact, it is very attractive.

And, I guarantee you that the Fisher console is a LOT better than the Symphonic.

Symphonic stuff was definitely garden-variety.

Doug

Looking at the 1969 Fisher Console Brochure, it looks like the receiver is the same one that's in the Executive. I don't know if the President receiver looks similar. It's funny that these brochures spend more space showing the cabinet and almost no space to the components.

Chad

1969FisherBrochure0038.jpg

Wow that picture brings back memories for me...Way way back when I was in college on of my fraternity brothers had a stand alone receiver that IIRC looked a lot like that...I remember the station presets...

Thanks for the picture.:thmbsp:

Early transistor Fisher. Real Fisher at that. Turntable is a Dual from the looks of the tonearm or maybe Perpetuum-Ebner. Tape deck is an unknown. I have seen Sony and Luxor open reels in Fisher consoles. The one you have has a Fisher cassette deck, the first with Dolby B and CRO2 tape capability, the RC 80. Nice console. You should grab it and put it in the living room and enjoy it. :tresbon:

Fisher didn't use P.E. TT's to my knowledge. Up to '65 they used Elac Miracord 10F's and DUAL 1009's.

After '65 It could have been a 1019, a BSR, or a 10F Depending on Model. The above is more than likely a DUAL.

It's not a '68 or '69 model. The Receiver is a 300Watt peak power according to the '69 brochure. Fisher took their stand alone Receivers and modified them slightly to fit and plug in, to the other components, namely the phono. My '69 Royal Electra is actually a 175-T without a case or heatsink. fishe built a perforated cage around the amp, instead of the heatsink that was on the 175-T. Hell of a AM section on it. FM on mine is PITA to figure out tho. Still trying to figure out whats wrong. Got it narrowed down to the FM Front end.

The Guts are worthy of Rehab. the GAUDY(for FISHER THIS IS GAUDY!) cabinet has to go. This would be a good bedroom, or basement easy listening set, with a set of FISHER XP-60's.

Larry

401 was the model of the turntable. That's all I saw besides made in Germany on it. It seemed to be in pretty good condition if anyone wants a nice console.

If only it had a built in fireplace! :thmbsp:

Chad

Fisher 401 turntable is a West German made Perpetuum-Ebner record changer. Roughly a 2038, a very well built, very high performance, complex German changer (more complex mechanically than a Dual 1229, but as high performance). Amazing and underrated in styling, features, and performance. I like P/E.

Back
Top Bottom