What is this thing on the bumper of '13 Buick Encore?

My neighbor's new-to-her 2013 Encore. A parallelogram shaped thing on the passenger side front bumper. Neither of us knows what this is, but I am confident that some of you do :)

What is it?

DSC09576rs800.JPG

DSC09575rs800.JPG DSC09576rs800.JPG DSC09577rs800.JPG

If it were a Canadian model, I'd suggest it's a door that flips out (or in) to plug in the block heater.

That is the tow hook cover. Behind it is a fitting where the tow hook attaches.
GM OEM part number 95076897.

That little slot on the bottom...pry underneath and the cover comes off? If so, would the cover snap back on once it has been removed?

Yes, it will snap back on. Look in the tool kit and you will find one of these. Or something like it.

Z33V35FrontTowHook51112CA00A-a94d9b74.jpg

Last edited:
LKz3lnl.jpg

You`ll probably find another one of those on the back bumper as well....
(If you want to go for the "Race Car look", you can get those tow hooks in red anodized.... :) )

That is a good example of modern automotive construction. It is now only safe to apply force to a few spots on the chassis, otherwise it will be bent or damaged in some way. I bet almost everyone knows someone or has personally had damage done by a wrecker grabbing on to the wrong place for a tow...roll back wreckers included. From the 70's backwards, almost every car had a bumper that could be towed from...or sub frame....hood ornament...door handle...grill...:rflmao:

If it were a Canadian model, I'd suggest it's a door that flips out (or in) to plug in the block heater.

Gee,I've never seen one of those.You must be driving some hifalutin car:) My Magnum R/T still has the wire hanging out of the hood/fender seam.....

Back
Top Bottom