What Is Your Favorite Integrated Amp?

My favourite would have to be the Yamaha A-1. Close second my older but much nicer looking Yamaha CA-1000.

Two of the best integrated's Yamaha ever put out.

I go with the Harman Kardon HK-402. I have two hooked up to stacked Advents. One amp for each pair. The top one works as the control for both. Twin amps with twin power supplies to twin Original Advents. Nice sound! Plenty of inputs....two of everything- 2 phonos-2 tape decks-2 auxillary! Preamp out/main in jacks. Great HK sound! The same amp section as a HK-730 receiver. Works well with the matching HK-403 tuner. I also liked the Pioneer 8100 I had for a while. I am sure the 9100 is even more special! Best! Franksta

very nice !! great HK sound and power (they sound like they have alot more power than they do. d e s i g n is the key .

IMG_1851.jpg

Marantz 1150D

Arcam Delta 290 integrated from mid 90's. IMO Arcam's best product to date.
Med power 70 w but 24Amp capable for massive dynamic capabilities,
V good discrete phono section /board.
No plan or possible need to upgrade

Attachments

• Arcam Delta 290_2.jpg
    Arcam Delta 290_2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 46
My favorite two integrated's are two I have spent some time with, a Accuphase E-202 and Pioneer Elite A-71. I gave up my E-202 back in 1998, and still sorry I did. But it was in need of a overhaul and I was cash strapped back then.

I now still have my A-71 and it is a superb unit. All the caps are still original from 1989 and at this point performing well. Just a beast of an amp at 60 pounds! Dual mono, 120 WPC. Great phono section too! :thmbsp:

Attachments

• A71 front view.jpg
    A71 front view.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 96
  • A71 guts.jpg
    A71 guts.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 68
  • A71 Caps.jpg
    A71 Caps.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
My favorite integrated has a striking resemblance to your avatar amphead(which Im guessing is kyoceras totl separates amp). The kyocera a-910. 150wpc and 70A of current. Great phono stage, great sound. This amp begs to be turned up and played loud! Amazing detail and clarity.

Right you are ilusndweller! My "head" is my former Kyocera B-910 basic power amp, a very rare beast indeed. Only a handful made it into the USA. I have heard a Kyocera A-710, the smaller brother to the A-910. Typical Kyocera sound- smooth Mos-Fet output sound, and very dynamic. Would love to locate a 910 integrated! :yes:

As far as vintage integrated amps, I started out with a Dynaco SCA-80 in the day. Later one when I tried vintage again I had a Harman Kardon HK-505 and Sansui AU-717. Both were much better than the equivalent receivers available. I always wanted to have a McIntosh, maybe someday.

Accuphase E-202 with new power caps.

Luxman L-550

Marantz 1060 recapped.

In that order I think `cos E-202 gets more playtime, but I like them all!

Regards

My favorite integrateds are my Pioneer sa9500-II, sa7500, marantz 1060 and 1070.
I also like my Sansui au-g99x. The 1070 and the sa7500 are daily drivers for me in the systems they are in, although I am using the sa7500 as a preamp.

My favorite integrated amp to this day no doubt Accuphase E-202! Having owned many Sansui's (AU 9900,919,717,G99x) all are great and love em but the Accuphase is special! Still need to hear a well kept or restored AU 9500 as I think it would fair as well as the TOL Sansui's could. My first post on AK!

I absolutely love my Technics SU-V6 integrated amplifier. The sound is wonderful with plenty of power to spare. Looks great as well. I also have an SU-V4 on the way. Funny thing is that when I take a flash photography picture it shows all of the smudges.

Attachments

• TechnicsAmp1.jpg
    TechnicsAmp1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 46
  • TechnicsAmp2.jpg
    TechnicsAmp2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 28
SOmeone mentioned it earlier, but the best I ever owned was my JVC A-X9. It was a thing of beauty outside and in, sounded great and drove difficult loads like they were nothing.

pics_v2.php

A 402. very nice unit.. something i believe that could have been good enough to wear a Citation designate.
The baby in that lineup, the Harman Kardon A401, was my first integrated as a teenager. Very good sounding amplifier as well.
attachment.php

Attachments

• HK_A401.jpg
    HK_A401.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 291
I have had Pioneer SA-9100, Marantz 1060, Denon PMA 250, and Sony TA-1130. I still have the TA-1130 and love it. I wish I still had the SA-9100. I would jump at the opportunity to own a Kenwood KA 600 or a Sansui AU 999.
I let go of the Pioneer due to NUBENESS (ouch). I was matching that amp with Klipsch kg4s. All I can say is that is a bad idea. I would love to hear it through my ADS 1230's. Too bad, so sad, too late.
I have to say that from my listening experience with the various match ups I have had I like the Sony TA-1130, but the post asks for what is your favorite. I guess the war between dual mono Power Kenwood KA600 or smooth tube-like sound Sansui AU999. My continuing nubeness has me stuck.

I have a JVC A-X5 (73 wpc) that I bought new in 1980, great amp. I still have my Harmon Kardon HK 500 tuner that I ran with that JVC amp. My daughter needs a stereo so I'll probably give my JVC and HK to her. I recently picked up a Denon PMA-750 integrated amp (80 wpc), I haven't hooked it up yet so I can't comment on it.

I started in the early-to-mid 1970s with a Marantz 1060 and always loved it for its beauty and simplicity. I handed it down to my younger brother when I purchased a Kenwood KA-7100, which I sold many years later. I've recently purchased a vintage KA-7100, which should be arriving in just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom