What is your favorite "rock-n-roll" movie?

Interesting - how about a Rock and Roll Fantasy.....

Streets of Fire - Come on a young Diane Lane :D

MI0000044885.jpg
That is a really good one too!! :D

Most have interpreted the question to mean scripted movies set in the world of R&R — it doesn't say that but it's cool.

I'll go with Monterey Pop all the way. Amazing acts, at their best, a great mix, and captured the geist at its absolute peak.

And what actors could ever play Janis, Otis, Jimi?

Woodstock was more about the event than the Music — about mud, chaos, bad acid, where to piss — still great though. Took my Dad to Woodstock when it came out. We came in on Joe Cocker. Dad blew a gasket: "I'm not going to watch this cretin!!" I convinced him to stay. Two hours later, when Joe came on again, I said "OK Dad, we can go now" and he said "No no! I want to see this guy again. He's great!"

large_74N5jFd8VEky0FaSlh0nXkZsmxS.jpg

“The Irish are the blacks of Europe. Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. North Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud".

"What are your musical influences?" "Um...Barry Manilow?"

"You're not takin' (that horse) in the lift, are you?" he asks. "Have ta, the stairs would kill him."

Cheers,
Larry B.

Last edited:
th

"The Rose". Bette doing killer versions of "Midnight in Memphis", "Who's Side are You On" and "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Great idea for a thread and another compile list.

For me a toss up between "The Buddy Holly Story" and "American Graffiti", but then there's "The Doors", "The Commitments", "La Bamba"....the list goes on...and on.

Q

Back
Top Bottom