What is your favorite XM station?

clydeselsor

Lunatic Member
I have been an XM subscriber for about a year and a half. I've checked out all of the music stations (except for the hip-hop stations) and have liked them all, but for the past 8 months I have been listening to Deep Tracks XM40 exclusively. I love this station! I especially like "for headphones only" on Thursday nights. Bob Dylans "theme time radio hour" is really cool too. When a band is featured on "the king biscuit flower hour" that I like, I tape it with my RT-701. What is your favorite?

I have Deep tracks on as I write this. I love the fact that you will hear songs on this station that you haven't heard in years.

Lucy is what I listen to the most. I have XM through DirecTV. A year ago I would never have thought I'd pay for XM (or Sirius) but I like all the stations on XM a lot and would now consider it. And I'm sure that's exactly that the marketing people at XM were hoping for when they put their channels on DTV. :D

Deep Tracks (40), Top Tracks (46) Classical (110 and 113) and The Comedy Channel (150).

Deep Tracks is my favorite however for the reasons already stated.

Barry

Like Duff, I also have XM through DirecTV.
I like Special X around Christmas.
I need to record some Deep Tracks and listen to it in the combine, sounds cool.

Real Jazz, Deep Tracks, Top Tracks, Soul Street, 80s&70s channels. I also listen to non-music channels like ESPN radio.:thmbsp:

Boneyard (41), Deep Tracks (40), Top Tracks (46), Big Tracks (49)

I listen to Boneyard the most

Gohan

Deep Tracks, X Country, Real Jazz, Bluesville, Bluegrass Junction, Beyond Jazz and Fine Tuning...in no particular order

I just noticed that many of the channels from Sirius must have merged with XM. Big Tracks is now Classic Rewind. We got to keep Deep Tracks and we now have Siriusly Sinatra. :banana: Of course, if we get tons of DJ chatter I reserve the right to complain at a later date!:thmbsp:

I listen to many of them. Favs would be watercolors, real jazz, and beyond jazz (until they removed it). Now that Sirius has 'changed the channels', I'll need to re-evaluate.

Bad news about your favorite channels....
I think this was an effort to get rid of channels that were very similar (70,80s, etc...) and merge them. At least my favs, like Real Jazz and Deep Tracks are still part of the package. Boneyard has been replaced by Hair Nation...not sure how similar they were because I rarely listened to the channel, but I know it was popular.

Classic Vinyl and Soul Town seem to be very similar to Big Tracks and Soul Street, so I am not sure I will miss the old channels. I still have to listen for a few days before I give it a :thmbsp: or :thumbsdn:. Right now, I am leaning toward :thmbsp: :D

Had XM for 4 years until just recently...

My faves are Squizz, Lucy, Ethel, Comedy 150 and sometimes Fungus.

:)

Matt

I think this was an effort to get rid of channels that were very similar (70,80s, etc...) and merge them. At least my favs, like Real Jazz and Deep Tracks are still part of the package. Boneyard has been replaced by Hair Nation...not sure how similar they were because I rarely listened to the channel, but I know it was popular.

Classic Vinyl and Soul Town seem to be very similar to Big Tracks and Soul Street, so I am not sure I will miss the old channels. I still have to listen for a few days before I give it a :thmbsp: or :thumbsdn:. Right now, I am leaning toward :thmbsp: :D

Boneyard was my favourite, I have been listening to Hair Nation now and like it.

Gohan

RIP Sirius and XM.....you are just a shadow of what you once provided as a value added service. Thanks to stupid business decisions.... the management screwed the shareholders and their subscribers...with "potty mouth" Howard Stern laughing all the way to the bank. Direct TV should cancel their contract with these idiots. I feel sorry for all the employees that worked so hard....but sadly this happens all too much in corporate america...Rant.

I have Deep tracks on as I write this. I love the fact that you will hear songs on this station that you haven't heard in years.

I love Deep Tracks too, I must admit.

The Loft is pretty good too. When I was stunned to hear Paul McCartney's "Kreen Akore," and it fit in to the larger context, I knew I would like it.

I'm also into 40s on 4. I love music from that era.

hey, question for you XM people, where did the Disco station go? We played that every Sunday while house cleaning and now I can't find it since the Sirius channels were assimilated. (I get my XM via directv)

Back
Top Bottom