What is your holy grail?

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey everybody.
Just wondering. What is your holy grail of audio equipment? What is that one piece you would like to have more than any other? For me, it is probably Bob Carvers Sunfire Stereo amp. Not very vintage, but it is coming up on 10 years old!
How about you guys?
Erik

Big is right!

I remember seeing and hearing those monsters many moons ago. Very impressive they were in size and sound. Before then the biggest thing I had heard were Matthew Polks big SDA-SRS's (or were they CRS. The mind dims with age. They were the biggest SDS's anyhow). The Carvers were very impressive, but I got the impression that they would not be the easiest thing in the world to get the best out of. Sure would be fun to try tho! :)
Erik

G-22000, hee,hee. soon,soon,soon, too much work not enough time to get the audio stuff done.soon,soon,soon. Oh, and Thor's mystery CV's :D

A1001.jpg

It's kind of like two A501's running mono in the same chassis - wicked.

WOW

Wonder why SAE has disappeared from peoples minds the way it has? THose of us who remember it, remember it very fondly.
Nice piece that is!
Erik

Put me down for one of Bob's Sunfire amps, too. For powering my Andromeda III's (another one of Bob's designs), I'd prefer the 600 wpc Sunfire.

Also, as Thoots says, I'd love a pair of Carver Amazing's. I've never heard the Amazing's, but I'd bet if there's one speaker (at a reasonable cost) that would beat my Andromeda's, that speaker would be the Amazing's.

Helix

A denon avr5800 reciever. Yeah, it's new and black but I want to experience highend home theater as well as highend vintage stuff. Plus, big remotes that do everything RULE!

avr5800.jpg

Home theatre may not interest me personally but l gotta admit that is one impressive "big-ass" remote Don. Wonder if it would turn down the volume when the wife complains about too much audio stuff around. :p:

Big remotes rule. I wanted the Pronto but settled for the Sony. I had to get it so my wife could use the Home Theater setup. I programed the macro functions for several options; watch DVD, watch VCR or listen to music. One button each and presto change-o everyting you need is turned on and set right.
rm%20av2000_thumb.jpg

Might sound dumb, but I have always wanted a pair of original baby advents and for whatever reason, I have just never bought a pair.

Not solid state, but...

... the ONE thing (OK, technically, two things) that I don't have that i really REALLY want is (are) a pair of the original QUAD ESL's, generally referred to as "ESL-57".

I think I might possibly even be able to stop collecting stuff if I managed to acquire a pair of ESL-57's in good shape and in good tune. Hmm. Maybe my wife will see this post... :)

Great thread, thanks for the bump or I would never have seen it.
For me, I lust after 2 things. A Sansui BA-5000 and the Rotel RB-5000...not necessarily in that order!

bose 901.... :D ...seriously now...McIntosh stuff, dunno what yet, maybe some tube stuff...by the way..I'm listening to my new Sonic Impact T-amp I got last week. Incredible. Cost me 24.00 delivered. I want everyone to get one and try this thing out....

Back
Top Bottom