What is your holy grail?

I've had a LOT of gear over the years,and finally settled with the Kenwood KR 9600.I have two of them.Tomorrow,I will add a pair of Infinity Q2's to the downstairs system,and that will do it for me.Just wanted some big Infinity's.

... the ONE thing (OK, technically, two things) that I don't have that i really REALLY want is (are) a pair of the original QUAD ESL's, generally referred to as "ESL-57".

I think I might possibly even be able to stop collecting stuff if I managed to acquire a pair of ESL-57's in good shape and in good tune. Hmm. Maybe my wife will see this post... :)

well... got the ESL-57s years ago; still accumulatin' junk. Oh, well...

A pair of AR-9 speakers - NEW IN THE BOX - that I find in a Goodwill store for $40 each. After I move the speakers to my car I find an early Pass amplifier buried in behind where the speakers were - NEW IN THE BOX for $25.

My rear springs are sagging as I drive home.

And all the original pressing Led Zeppelin albums - still in their shrink wrap - for $1 each.

Oh yea. I would have to choose a couple of contenders. The early Meridian 105 monos, the G.A.S.500 Ampzilla(heck, all the Zillas) and the Acoustat TNT200 and 120. All of which I still have. Looking for a Harman Kardon CitationXX. Best of the best

I think for me would be the best Sherwood tube amp made and AR 1 with the super tweeters to go with them or some AR LST speakers.

I think I'd have to go with the Sanyo Plus 200 receiver,only 4 made!

Attachments

• Sanyo Plus 200 1.jpg
    Sanyo Plus 200 1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 59
I'll take a Technics SE-A5000 amp and a pair of Klipschhorns, and worry about everything else later.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 39
A pair of AR-9 speakers - NEW IN THE BOX - that I find in a Goodwill store for $40 each. After I move the speakers to my car I find an early Pass amplifier buried in behind where the speakers were - NEW IN THE BOX for $25.

My rear springs are sagging as I drive home.

And all the original pressing Led Zeppelin albums - still in their shrink wrap - for $1 each.

Where do you people live that has al the great gear at Goodwill? All I ever find at ours is crap like Yorx or Soundesign.

And is that a Valkyrie (spelling?) in your avatar?

I've got 2 I think fit the bill; Pioneer SX 1980, Polk SDA SRS's('85). I just picked up a semi-Grail piece yesterday. A Concept 16.5. A pair of Mac MC 2500's would do it for me.

Barclay Digital F1 GoldBarclay Digital F1 Gold.jpg
view

Stax DMA-X2. 600 watts, 115 pounds per amp, $40 grand in 1990.
IMG_2423.JPG IMG_2433.JPG
Among the rarest of them all.

Last edited:
TECHNICS SE- A1 ......Built for eternity only at precise order, 1,000,000 yens in 1977 .....51 kg , 2x350 w at 8 ohms......i wiil be lucky if i see one in my lifetime......

15hbtz9.jpg

@TECH---NICS Welcome to AK! I have visited a guy, he has 3 of them, as well as the pre 2 or 3 RS 1800. Well. He has / had everything Technics. I love that dude. He isn't very active anymore, people hated on him - they thought he was showing off. Awesome collection!

Ars Vivendi is his screen name on the german hifi-forum.de - He does answer PMs within a month or so.

beee5y.jpg

But in that light, yes, I agree.

This is my grail. Because: Unobtainable to me currently. Only thing Ars doesn't have is those speakers. Everything else, I have heard and played with. SO DAMN COOL.

29431gn.png

Me? Only enough for this Technics Pro System:

Last edited:
ev13wt- unfortunately in life, people judge you wroong......why ? some of them because they are stupid and some because they envy you........if u have 3 pieces of A1 , you must be crazy as hell audiofreak , a true fan of audiogear...............that guy is a smart guy if he doen't show them anymore , it's like having the holy grail in a church full of crazy mob.............thtat's how this world works .

ps. where did he find 3 pieces of a very very rare treasure of audio gear history?..........****ing hell.......

Back
Top Bottom