What is your holy grail?

I don't seek a Holy Grail....but I do have this old thing laying about... :D

The%20Holy%20Grail-Chalice.jpg

My Holy Grail is the sound itself not the equipment. . . I've been around long enough to know there is more than one way to skin a cat. . . We have all seen spectacular results from bottom end gear on occasion. Seems like some folks just know instinctively how to get the most out of any gear.

Give me the ability to listen and act on what I hear. . .

Revision

I still consider the Paragon the Holy Grail of speakers.
I would want a Sansui BA5000 Holy Grail amp and
Technics SP10 MK III table to complete the trifecta. :D

I thought I'd dust off this old thread. As a happy previous owner of a Technics SA- 700 receiver, I would have to go with the SA- 1000.

It's always evolving but at this time in space I would love to stumble upon a pair of Marantz 9 monoblocks and for good measure throw in a 7c preamp.

One piece I use to own that I miss terribly.Lightening killed it.Luxman tp-114 preamp:tears:

the Yamaha Centennial set MX-10000, CX-10000, CDX10000, NSX-10000 and the money to have EW go through them to ensure the perfection for years to com

I've got mine now.. A7-500s... do I have to start looking for another now? I could always use 6 super cool looking giant sized (wattage wise) monoblocks, tube would be even better

Two years ago I posted my grail was a pair of AR9s. These days my lust list includes a Kenwood 700c (to go with my amp), a pair of EV Interface Ds and some JBL L300s (as if the Interface Ds wouldn't be enough to get me arrested for disturbing the peace).

I too want the Marantz 9's, but until then I'll have to makedo with my Electrohome PA-100 MK-1's! :smoke:

Dynaco ST-70 and a Dynaco PAS-4 both in good condition.

Or a set of Edgar Horns with Sub.

Right now mine is a JVC/Nivico MCT-105E/5108 tuner to go with the matching preamp I already have. A MCM-105E/5111 power amp would be nice just to complete the set, but the specs on it aren't so hot.
I love this preamp and the 60's look of this equipment!

I am simple....to get to a point where I stop looking and lusting and just sit and listen :)

Thrusters.

But I'm worried all this buzz on AK about them is jacking up the price.

Holy crap.
Talk about digging up a fossil. Probably one of the first threads I started here, back in the first month of AK.
Gotta think of what my holy grail would be now. Probably not the stuff I listed back then.

I don't want much, just a pair of JBL L-250ti's powered by twin Yamaha M-2's, bi-amped. I don't ask for much. I "only" need about 2 to 3 grand with current market values.:yes:

More like 3-3 1/2 g's, for nice examples, shipped.

Back
Top Bottom