What is your occupation?

Navy electronics trained.
Sweet.
I always say "AK has to be full of Navy and AF trained electronics geniuses".
Maybe I was right?
No electronics genius here. I wish now that the Navy would have placed me in the CT-M (Maintenance) rating rather than in CT-R (collection). I can't speak for Air Force, but Navy training was excellent, prepared us well for what we were assigned to do. Coming out of a 20 week school I could copy Morse Code in my sleep.

F-15C and E had AN/ALR-56C- RWR( Loral ), AN/ALQ-128 - EWWS (Magnavox) and AN/ALQ-135 - ICS (Northrop ) As well as AN/ALE-45 Flare and chaff dispensers. Tech school was Lowry AFB , Aurora, Colorado.

ScreenShot_023.jpg
all-done.jpg

Last edited:
Seaman. I began my life at sea in '94. Since 2010 I am a Master Mariner. Right nowView attachment 1018073 I am on a large commercial ship trading between SE Asia and Middle East (Thailand-Singapore-Malaysia-India-Pakistan). 3 months till I go back on home leave.

SO how do you make this hobby work while on ship? Just stick with headphones and whatever storage of music you have on some sort of small personal player? Do you guys have internet access these days while on board somehow that allows streaming etc? Just curious.

Full time anesthesiologist, part time engineering professor, part time entrepreneur/start up founder, part time expert witness, part time toob repair tech and part time gopher and yes man for Dennis Had.

Overhead distrubution power line construction and maintenance from 120 volts to 13.8kv.
kirkendoll, I've always been interested in the topology of our nation's power grid and how power is distributed across it. The only knowledge I have is in regard to the power lines that populate the alleys in urban areas and the segments that branch off of them to the back of residential homes and/or businesses. I know the vast majority of the electricity (at least in the US) drawn from outlets arrives at 120 volts AC after being "stepped down" from a series of transformers. What's amazing me is the 13.8kv portion of your reply. Where is that amount of electricity used in relation to the general population?

Back
Top Bottom