What is your occupation?

My BIL has an MS in Mechanical Engineering--wanted to originally be an architect--now he is an insurance adjuster--he does the estimates of structural damage and repair costs from fire/water/storm destruction, and collects a steady and healthy paycheck--go figure?

Graphic designer for an advertising company. Work on the brochures for each vehicle that you pick up at the dealership. Japanese car company.

Semi retired management consultant, general management executive and marketing, planning and development VP./manager. 24 years in corporate Fortune 100 and middle market privately held firms in consumer goods, financial services/insurance, tourism and healthcare. 8 years consulting for same, first as a young MBA in the trenches, then later as experienced Director/partner. In "retirement job" as volunteer nonprofit consultant, pro bono tax preparer, financial planner.

That looks like a really cool job... Is it?
Haha, yes, it is. It keeps you on your toes, dealing with a wide variety of people, situations etc. It's not always nice and rosy but at the end of the day is highly satisfactory, not money wise but in a "yeah, i did that, went thru that" kind of way. And you always have some good pub stories.

Regulatory analyst for the state public utilities regulatory agency.

I used to be (one of) the people who came up with one of the misc. surcharges on your phone bills. Now I write regulations about phone books.

Back
Top Bottom