What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

when my girlfriend comes over and puts my old t shirts back in the wash i decided were rags, i used them for stereo work , wet with wd40/ goo gone/windex/ oh ya be wearing it again in 2 days lol

I'm not sure if "conspirationists" is a word
I'm not sure either :D. English is not my native language so I invented it.

I know that many things are hidden from us, that the governments could spy on each one of us through our "connected devices" if they wanted. It is not that I am not open minded, but flat earth? chem trails? Anyone who doesn't have to wipe his chin of spit every thirty seconds knows that this is BS. There are far easier methods to poison people. Why put chems in planes and not in car fuel? Or in water supplies?

What angers me is the complete lack of logic and serious thinking.

I'm not sure either :D. English is not my native language so I invented it.

I know that many things are hidden from us, that the governments could spy on each one of us through our "connected devices" if they wanted. It is not that I am not open minded, but flat earth? chem trails? Anyone who doesn't have to wipe his chin of spit every thirty seconds knows that this is BS. There are far easier methods to poison people. Why put chems in planes and not in car fuel? Or in water supplies?

What angers me is the complete lack of logic and serious thinking.

Obviously, flat earth is just silly. My own best friend started in on this, and I shut him down pretty quick. Been in an airplane?? You see the curvature. Boom. Over.

Chemtrails also seems a bridge too far.

Didn't realize English was your non-native tongue. Congrats on a fine command of the english language! I'm trying to learn Spanish, and it takes time.

Peeve number six zillion - you wake up TWO HOURS before time to get up, and cannot sleep another wink. Grr.

My pet peeve this morning- Booting up an old server and forgetting to plug in the keyboard, I am greeted with "Keyboard error- press F1 to continue". I have always hated that message. Stop telling me to hit keys on a keyboard that we both agree does not exist.

However, here's a real peeve - thanks to absurdly stringent standards, you cannot get a good-tasting burger anymore from Wendy's, Ronnie Mac's Steakhouse, or anywhere except hardees, and they're usually so hard to eat, you don't bother (ridiculously large, and too much stuff piled on). They irradiate the beef until they actually have to add beef flavoring in order to right things, or so I read.

I know many places in and around Chicago with excellent burgers, where they form their own patties from a pile of fresh ground beef. But that isn't fast food though. But Culver's, now there's a fast food joint with a pretty decent burger. We have Whattaburgers down here, wretched, I think they dip the burger in salt.

However, here's a real peeve - thanks to absurdly stringent standards, you cannot get a good-tasting burger anymore from Wendy's, Ronnie Mac's Steakhouse, or anywhere except hardees, and they're usually so hard to eat, you don't bother (ridiculously large, and too much stuff piled on). They irradiate the beef until they actually have to add beef flavoring in order to right things, or so I read.

I mean, really, take a look at that ugly patty on your Big Mac. It's revolting, isn't it?

Does it HAVE to be this hard?

If you ever find yourself in beautiful Ireland, then you will know what a truly horrible hamburger is. They are required by law (since the mad cow outbreak a few years back) to cook the ground beef until it is extra well done. Then they put it in the oven for 10 more minutes I think!

Now if ice hockey ever gets popular in Ireland...

About got run into a barricade by some idiot in a rented Budget box truck today. Fork in the highway at a big interchange here called the Tri-Level. Two lanes go right, two lanes left. I'm in the left one of the two right-hand lanes, and he's to my right. Decides he needs my lane and just comes over on me. I had to take the shoulder and brake hard enough that everything on the passenger seat ended up on the floor, to keep from hitting the pointy part of the barricades at the fork. Seconds later, he takes a turn to get back on the way he was going in the first place if he hadn't forked. He sure forked me. Dumbass. :no: Dude, learn how to use your mirrors when you rent a truck, and plan your damn route.

As for flat earth: Shaquille O'Niel on his podcast last weekend ranted about the earth being flat. He's driven from Florida to California and it looks flat to him. Refuses to believe China is underneath us. All that gravity stuff? It's BS. Shaq's either a lot more gullible than I thought, or he's trolling us. :dunno:

As for flat earth: Shaquille O'Niel on his podcast last weekend ranted about the earth being flat. He's driven from Florida to California and it looks flat to him. Refuses to believe China is underneath us. All that gravity stuff? It's BS. Shaq's either a lot more gullible than I thought, or he's trolling us. :dunno:

That guy doesn't have much rolling around in that large head of his. We'd throw that old southern backhanded insult at him in Kentucky - "Bless him."

People saying 'could care less'. The saying is 'couldn't care less'

Drivers who don't indicate on roundabouts what their intentions are- are we mind-readers?

Cars with faulty brake lights.

Weather broadcasts that are meaningless 'chance of rain' 'mainly sunny' '60% chance of rain' 'possible thunderstorms'. I reckon they have a big wheel they spin in the meteorological office to come up with that crap.

People who speed through school zones at school times.

Windows 10 doing updates when I want to either a) use my computer or b) turn it off and go out.

Losing a screw or nut and having to go through the vacuum bag outside with fine dust going everywhere. (I now keep a neodymium magnet in the vac bag to catch all the things I suck up) Then I find I didn't suck it up at all- it's still on my bench...

Going into the supermarket to buy three things and forgetting one of them until I walk outside and get in my car.

People saying 'could care less'. The saying is 'couldn't care less'.
This abuse of language is so ubiquitous now that it's pretty much common usage and I've given up bitching about it. Still pisses me off, though.

Last edited:
Here's mine!!!!!!!!!! When you go to roll up the vacuum cleaner cord. You take a little bit of time to untangle it, wrap ever so nicely around those cord holder deelies. When all of a sudden you come to the point that it's time to clip the cord on to its self using the clip/pinchy deal on the back of the plug. This is it right here, this is the point, don't miss it. You can not clip the cord on to its self because you can't clip it at the top or bottom because you are at the corner. If the cord was six inches longer (thats what she said) or shorter (never had that problem) everything would be fine and it would clip to its self.

Here's mine!!!!!!!!!! When you go to roll up the vacuum cleaner cord. You take a little bit of time to untangle it, wrap ever so nicely around those cord holder deelies. When all of a sudden you come to the point that it's time to clip the cord on to its self using the clip/pinchy deal on the back of the plug. This is it right here, this is the point, don't miss it. You can not clip the cord on to its self because you can't clip it at the top or bottom because you are at the corner. If the cord was six inches longer (thats what she said) or shorter (never had that problem) everything would be fine and it would clip to its self.
I had nearly exactly this conversation (less the pithy observations about "cord length" ) with myself yesterday while wrapping the cord around my Oreck mini shop-vac. No matter how carefully you wrap it, you always have to clip the plug on a corner.

I'm with you there. I finally bought a vacuum cleaner that ends where you can snap it on the cord in the middle. I'm seriously considering sending a thank you note to the company.

I had nearly exactly this conversation (less the pithy observations about "cord length" ) with myself yesterday while wrapping the cord around my Oreck mini shop-vac. No matter how carefully you wrap it, you always have to clip the plug on a corner.

I'm with you there. I finally bought a vacuum cleaner that ends where you can snap it on the cord in the middle. I'm seriously considering sending a thank you note to the company.

Hey, it must be a boring job to sit there all day and cut cords to length. :confused:

They have to have something to laugh about! :D

People saying 'could care less'. The saying is 'couldn't care less'

Drivers who don't indicate on roundabouts what their intentions are- are we mind-readers?

Cars with faulty brake lights.

Weather broadcasts that are meaningless 'chance of rain' 'mainly sunny' '60% chance of rain' 'possible thunderstorms'. I reckon they have a big wheel they spin in the meteorological office to come up with that crap.

People who speed through school zones at school times.

Windows 10 doing updates when I want to either a) use my computer or b) turn it off and go out.

Losing a screw or nut and having to go through the vacuum bag outside with fine dust going everywhere. (I now keep a neodymium magnet in the vac bag to catch all the things I suck up) Then I find I didn't suck it up at all- it's still on my bench...

Going into the supermarket to buy three things and forgetting one of them until I walk outside and get in my car.

John, I'm not sure about Australia's rounds, but here in the States (which they're catching on more and more) the outer car must exit at the immediate next exit, the inner car can exit at any. There's normally 2 exit lanes for each exit, so there should be no need for a turn signal; which is too complicated for 90% of American drivers to use while they're going in circles (working the steering wheel, gas pedal, brakes, all while on their cell phones).

People who drive cars around in the dark with no lights on, just completely OBLIVIOUS to their surroundings

I slip up on occasion. My daily driver car has DRL and automatic night lighting. My older truck and my GF's car, despite being pretty new, does not have DRL nor automatic lighting. If I drive one of those other vehicles, especially around town where the lighting is pretty good, sometimes I don't catch it right away.

News readers who don't face the camera straight on but turn slightly to the left or right. Do they think we'll like or believe them more?

News programs where the reporters interview little children just because they're there, who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Also, news programs that pick up on some trivial piece of "news" and cover it for several days.

Add to that, newspaper articles where the reporter has to start the article off like a novel, where you have to go past a third of the story to get to the actual facts.

Back
Top Bottom