What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Hajidub

Hajidub Ready for Winter! Subscriber

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. It can be 20 degrees outside, but that chick has to wear a haltertop to show off the crap quality tattoo. BTW, Colorado Springs is the hackjob tattoo capital of the country.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

When people say, "A couple of things ... " and then go on to list four or five.

A couple is two.

Designdweeb likes this.
  3. Designdweeb

Designdweeb Super Member

Re: allegedly: I've at least one friend who lost his job at a newspaper when the accused's lawyers sued for six figures when he used the wrong terminology...provided by the police reports. That said, there are synonyms, if there are enough copy editors on the job, given the economics of the current suffucation of professional journalism.
    Overzealous copy editors following policy often insist on redundant clarifications such as Isis/ Isil or otherlanguage understood by an eighth-grader, but not by a third-grader.

4. Bob Gnuheart

Bob Gnuheart New Member

In my defense, I only listed a couple, then others hit me and I edited my post. Forgot to change to "several".

noogies likes this.
  5. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

Resalable (zip lock) food packages where the zipper is stronger than the plastic.

Writing "FRAGILE" on a record box, only to receive it bent like a taco.

Hiding the maraschino cherries in the grocery store so I can't find them (my Old-Fashioned needs them, damnit!)

Hotel Hangers.

Silverware with handles that are WAY too heavy.

The yellow bumpy patch outside of Target between the store and my car.

6. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

The total bullsh$t car dealers "Administration Fee" add to the price of a car, and the pinnacle of stealership, "Nitrogen Fee" to add nitrogen to your tires. Makes me mad enough to smack everyone's Grandmother in the mouth.

7. noogies

Guys who beat up my gramma.

BigElCat and Hobie1dog like this.
  8. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

When you are listening to youtube, and it's merrily going from one good song to the next, then it makes a wrong turn onto a 2-hour-long crapfest live concert...

Or when you are listening to Pandora, and you really wish there was an "I hate this artist" , or "This artist has no business being associated with this genre" button. But no, I have to thumbs-down every one of their songs individually...

9. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

People on house buying programs who refer to what I'd call sitting rooms as "reception rooms". I think of a reception room as something you hold a reception in for a wedding. Or a room where a butler would say "please wait in here, sir, and I'll tell the master. It's only a four bedroom semi for goodness sake!

Words like juxtaposition irritate me. French phrases from english speaking people. Maybe I'm an inverted snob but it still irks me.

sobolan likes this.
  10. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Scratch-off lottery tickets. Well, maybe not so much the tickets themselves, but the buyers who play the tickets at the checkout counter and sellers that don't have or don't enforce a "no playing at the counter" rule.

1970's Fan and John James like this.
  11. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

I have a pet-peeve about 80s sitcoms. All living rooms are arranged so that the family room has a floor-model TV with its back to the camera with a VCR on top. Sometimes they'll have a scene where one of the actors uses the VCR, and it's obviously not hooked up. That's always been a peeve of mine. They can't just throw in a piece of prop coax for me? lol

1970's Fan likes this.

12. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Good music brick walled on CD's. Sorry if mentioned before. In what universe with what device would they ever sound decent? Mad because I just got another one.

13. Spinning45s

Spinning45s Active Member

Which brings to mind bands performing "live" on a television show (like the old "Ed Sullivan Show") and you see the electric guitars not plugged in.

14. Spinning45s

Spinning45s Active Member

This one I experience on a regular basis. People who pick up an item from the shelf of a retail store and then do not put it back in the right place but instead place it in the spot with a sale sign. You quickly notice that the tag is not for the item you really wanted!

15. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Going to look at magazines and seeing that lazy a$$, worthless POS humans, can't put them back in the right place. Wish I could beat them with a baseball bat till they cry for eternal forgiveness.

16. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

On the Sullivan show the acts performed live, which made for some interesting turns of events.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017

17. noogies

"Girl, we couldn't get much higher ..."

Mitkraft likes this.
  18. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

When they have to have their purchases split into multiple different transactions. You get one transaction and then you go to the back of the line.

I had a lady in front of me one day that had two bags of sunflower seeds and one of those cheap tall glass candles. She stopped the cashier and tried to make a tough decision as she talked it out with herself and eventually told the cashier she only wanted one of the bags of sunflower seeds and the candle and so she rang it up.
    Then she got out her wallet and started digging around for money, because no need to get that ready while you are in line.
    She finally paid and then paused and asked if she could split the payment for the 2nd bag of sunflower seeds between cash and a credit card. The cashier rang it up but the customer kept pushing the wrong button on the screen so they had to keep redoing it.
    She finally got all that to go through and as she turned to leave she stopped, turned back and asked the cashier "What was that movie you and the last customer were talking about?"

John James likes this.
  19. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

They say that Ed always walked out and shook hands with the performer after they finished. That was the first (and only, I think) time he didn't. He just stood off to the side with his arms crossed.

Not a happy camper.

20. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

Husband creche signs outide pubs. I used to work in a pub which also has a cafe upstairs owned by the same company. I go in for a coffee when I'm down town but not any more. I see they have a sign like this. To say I'm angry is an under statement. I feel betrayed. If my former boss whom I get on well with meets me in the street months from now and asks why I've not been in for a while, I will have to have a rehearsed explanation so that it will be easier for me to keep calm.
    IMG_1849.JPG