What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

When you're having dinner in a restaurant (us tonight) and someone keeps blowing their nose (like a freaking fog horn) at their table.

Hey buddy, the restroom is in the back!

1970's Fan and Hobie1dog like this.
  2. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

This is my favorite thread on AK

3. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Yes I agree!it is a good one!

4. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

In residential areas, people that shovel or blow snow into the street. These are the same pelletheads that blow grass into the street in the summer.

Laws and ordinances don't stop inconsiderate (fill in your own favorite adjective) from behaving like one.

John James likes this.
  5. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Then when at a buffet/smorg/grocery store, you have the person picking up (without the given tongs) buns, etc. putting them back and making another choice. YUK!

Q

6. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Totally agree but I think the term is 'false dichotomy': the idea that there are only two states, viewpoints or alternatives available and that the two must be opposites.

Saw a teeth bleaching commercial where they used the 'tissue test'. Hold a white tissue next to your face and look in the mirror. If your teeth are not as white as the tissue, you need our product. :rolleyes:

I'm seeing ones with both high and low on and fully working! Cars and trucks both. Saw a huge pickup truck the other day with all that PLUS fog lights on the bottom - in broad daylight. :dunno: I guess they like to buy light bulbs often.

Attached Files:

rayj likes this.
  7. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member

Most places I've been in cooks, preparers and servers work bare handed, I consider it the normal way of doing things. I assume local laws might require hand washing after using the john, the employer should require it anyway. In some places I see people working wearing thin plastic gloves.

8. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

A guy walks into a fancy restaurant and orders a steak dinner. The waiter first brings a salad, which he serves with a pair of tongs. When the steak is served, the waiter places the steak, potato, broccoli, all on the plate with the tongs. He also sets a roll and butter on the table with the tongs. "I'm curious," says the man. "You serve all of the food with the tongs. May I ask why?" The waiter replies, "That's because the owner is very sensitive about cleanliness and sanitation. All of the cooks must wear gloves, and none of the servers are allowed to touch the food. We must use the tongs." The man says, "Well, I'm really impressed!" The waiter leans over and says, "You haven't seen nothing yet. See this string tied to my belt loop? It goes inside my zipper. We aren't even allowed to touch THAT. If we have to relieve ourselves, we just drop our zipper and pull on the string that's tied to IT." The man laughs and says, "Well, that's the damnedest thing I've ever seen. But tell me - how do you get IT back in when you're done?"

The waiter leans over and whispers, "I don't know about the other guys, but I use these tongs!!"

9. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

I'm happy you guys like it. In my yin/yang way, we also have the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, plus a splinter off that, "I Love It When That Happens", which is a collection of anecdotal happenings that are either serendipitous or just pleasant.

So, bitch in one thread, make people happy on another, and on yet another, share a happy moment.

Now where's that "Cables don't matter and 'vintage' is God" thread.............:rflmao:

Hobie1dog likes this.
  10. Scifi

Scifi Super Member

When I'm logged in I see this message
    (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
    at the bottom of the
    It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute
    thread

11. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

At a restaurant ... the waitress brings your food to your table ... sets it down and before you take your first bite ... immediately asks you "How is it?"

or you walk into a restaurant with a please seat yourself sign. You sit down and the waitress asks you "Sir, would you mind sitting somewhere else?". My response is "No, I don't mind at all" ... then I just get up and walk out the door.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  12. sobolan

sobolan Active Member

For a while now I have an urge to strangle conspirationists or how the hell are they called. These F****RS are everywhere irl and on the internet. We have the flat earth, chemtrails, NWO, brainwashing, mind control and so on. What is wrong with this world? I thought that people are usually good and smart, but man, the gene pool is full of scum.

13. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Stepped into my glasses today. What an unnecessary nuisance. Okay, this is an opportunity to meet my very attractive optician again.

14. onwardjames

I'm not sure if "conspirationists" is a word, but let me simply say this - Not every "theory" passes muster, and by extension, not every "theory" is without some merit.
    What matters is using logic, reason, and gray matter to sift the pearls from the poop. And then there is a mindset so evil, so bent by greed and an unproven idea that the world is THEIRS to rule, that the average man/woman cannot comprehend it.
    PM me, sobolan, should you wish to have a friendly discussion on such matters. Carry on, everyone. :thumbsup:

Hobie1dog likes this.
  15. onwardjames

Make sure to tell the lovely fraulein that you are AK MEMBER OF THE YEAR!! I hear that's instant panty remover. I probably hear incorrectly, tho. :biggrin:

16. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Then take the blue pill. ;)

17. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Working on restaurant equipment for awhile ....well I could take any restaurant in the world and show you places even the inspector doesn't look at and you won't want to eat there anymore. Nothing is sacred.

18. onwardjames

My buddy works as a USDA meat inspector. He won't tell me what he knows, says I'd never eat again. Probably right.

However, here's a real peeve - thanks to absurdly stringent standards, you cannot get a good-tasting burger anymore from Wendy's, Ronnie Mac's Steakhouse, or anywhere except hardees, and they're usually so hard to eat, you don't bother (ridiculously large, and too much stuff piled on). They irradiate the beef until they actually have to add beef flavoring in order to right things, or so I read.

I mean, really, take a look at that ugly patty on your Big Mac. It's revolting, isn't it?

Does it HAVE to be this hard?

Hobie1dog likes this.
  19. freQ(*)Oddio

freQ(*)Oddio MUSIC MEATHEAD Subscriber

when my girlfriend comes over and puts my old t shirts back in the wash i decided were rags, i used them for stereo work , wet with wd40/ goo gone/windex/ oh ya be wearing it again in 2 days lol

20. sobolan

sobolan Active Member

I'm not sure either :D. English is not my native language so I invented it.

I know that many things are hidden from us, that the governments could spy on each one of us through our "connected devices" if they wanted. It is not that I am not open minded, but flat earth? chem trails? Anyone who doesn't have to wipe his chin of spit every thirty seconds knows that this is BS. There are far easier methods to poison people. Why put chems in planes and not in car fuel? Or in water supplies?

What angers me is the complete lack of logic and serious thinking.