What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Mitkraft

Mitkraft Super Member

Ok, while I'm at the store, here is another: Juice labeled as 100% juice that is neither 100% of the juice it states to be (i.e. "Cranberry" juice thats made from other juices) NOR IS IT even 100% juice because it has other preservatives and chemicals! How in the hell can they get away with calling it 100% juice if it has other ingredients?!?!!? Where did these people go to school and learn percentages?! If you read the small print it says "made from 100% juice" WTF??

SuperjazzyJa and Hobie1dog like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

I'm in a state park inn right now that's very similar to a hotel.
    Peeves:
    Letting room doors slam at any hour much less at 10 pm.
    Loud actions/voices in the hallway.
    Kids running up and down said hallway.

SuperjazzyJa and Mitkraft like this.
  3. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

Learned this last weekend: When stating in a hotel you didn't know is "pet friendly" and they place someone with a constantly yipping dog is next door. They didn't want to move me until I had them come to my room to hear it. Then they upgraded me.

SuperjazzyJa and Mitkraft like this.
  4. silver faced

silver faced Active Member

Not cleaning your mess up after a project

5. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

35°/95° and totally sultry, although Summer has not started yet.

My circulation is pining for September...

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  6. silver faced

silver faced Active Member

Maybe so but everyone i knew in the 70.s called it Vinyl !

7. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

One time when I worked for Swift, I moved over to let another semi onto an interstate. When I was moving back over, he blew his air horn at me and almost rear ended me trying to stop me from moving back over. Then, he threatened to side swipe me as he passed. I'll never move over for him again.

I hate "scroe" too for the same reason.

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft Super Member

I'm totally with you on that one. We stay in hotels a lot and people are completely inconsiderate. Quite often the maintenance and housekeeping staff will be be walking the halls very early in the morning with their 2-way radios on very loud. Given that they work in hospitality, how can they be so insensitive to that??

I can't stand irresponsible pet owners and traveling ones are the worst. When we started traveling with our dog for the first time we were super conscientious about noise. When we are in the room with him the only time he barks is when someone knocks on the door (which is rare since we don't order room service and keep the do not disturb sign up) and we stop him immediately. When we are out I always have him on a monitored webcam (with motion and sound notification) so that if he were to start making noise we'd know right away. When we first started taking him and we didn't know how he'd do we'd wait in the hall monitoring the webcam to make sure he didn't start fussing. A few times he did and we had to come right back but once he got the hang of traveling he doesn't make a sound when we are gone. He's always kenneled if we are out of the room. He's only 5 pounds btw, I can't imagine traveling with a big dog. I've complained about a barking dog even when we were with our own dog in a pet friendly room. There is no excuse for traveling with and not properly training a dog. If he can't behave, then you don't travel with him and you sure as heck don't leave him alone in the room to bark.

John James and SuperjazzyJa like this.
  9. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Damaged the exteriour part (transparent plastic) of the left tail light of my Golf today. The hole is about 5 square centimeters big (bit more than two inch). I have to replace the entire unit which costs 100 Euros. Put insulating tape on the hole.

Hilight of a series of mishaps today.

10. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

... in 95-degree weather.

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  11. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

I know that it has been mentioned previously but recently I have been noticing an increasing number of close calls that are caused by people that use the center turning lane to merge into traffic. I saw two such instances on my way home from work yesterday. One of them happened right next to me and certainly would have involved multiple vehicles, mine included. Kudos to a very aware young lady that was using the turning lane correctly and a very fortunate small space in oncoming traffic. Her quick thinking and fast reaction kept us all from ending up in a tangled mess. If the battle scars on the vehicle are any indication, I am sure that the offending driver of the SUV that was attempting to merge has no idea that what they did was illegal and very dangerous. I doubt that was their first offense. Their next one could be their last one though.

Ronald1973 and Mitkraft like this.

12. warriorfan

warriorfan Member

My 7yr Olds front foot while batting! Thanks big brother.

13. noogies

Not sure where you're going with this ...

14. warriorfan

warriorfan Member

Well...
    He bats .875 and started lifting his front foot. This is when a kid begins to know he's a good. His big brother didn't do it until he played babe ruth. When it works it works real well. It's not working or his ba would be 1000 btw. That's my pet peeve. Shit I am easy like sunday morning I guess?

15. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Super Member

We played t-ball when I was 7..

16. Lazarus Long

Curious about why lifting the foot is a concern. Its a natural result of shifting your weight.. Is it easier to teach or learn proper mechanics of there is no lifting of the front door?

17. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

People keep track of a 7 year old's batting average?

Ronald1973 likes this.
  18. Lazarus Long

Stats are a big part of baseball.. I remember learning to keep score around 6-7..

19. warriorfan

warriorfan Member

Laz...it just isn't something you start doing. He switched his stance up twice in one game. All for a repetitive "something" that works trust me! I took 3 seven yr olds on this team as a favor and one happens to be mine. First and foremost this is suppose to be fun at this level and we have it. Also like to kick ass and take names if ya dig?

And yes stats are part of the game used2. Hard to miss a perfect average through 6 games though Lol! It's a pitching machine btw and the boy has her number!

20. noogies

It's often used as a trigger mechanism for timing a swing or opening up hips.