What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. warriorfan

warriorfan Member

Well...
    He bats .875 and started lifting his front foot. This is when a kid begins to know he's a good. His big brother didn't do it until he played babe ruth. When it works it works real well. It's not working or his ba would be 1000 btw. That's my pet peeve. Shit I am easy like sunday morning I guess?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Super Member

We played t-ball when I was 7..

3. Lazarus Long

Curious about why lifting the foot is a concern. Its a natural result of shifting your weight.. Is it easier to teach or learn proper mechanics of there is no lifting of the front door?

4. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

People keep track of a 7 year old's batting average?

Ronald1973 likes this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Stats are a big part of baseball.. I remember learning to keep score around 6-7..

6. warriorfan

warriorfan Member

Laz...it just isn't something you start doing. He switched his stance up twice in one game. All for a repetitive "something" that works trust me! I took 3 seven yr olds on this team as a favor and one happens to be mine. First and foremost this is suppose to be fun at this level and we have it. Also like to kick ass and take names if ya dig?

And yes stats are part of the game used2. Hard to miss a perfect average through 6 games though Lol! It's a pitching machine btw and the boy has her number!

7. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

It's often used as a trigger mechanism for timing a swing or opening up hips.

8. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Drove over 2800 miles this past week.
    Young people need to slow the **** down, get in line, and stay off people's bumpers.
    You're jealordizing your life and others by trying to shave 1 minute off of your commute.
    QUIT IT!!!

SuperjazzyJa, Judas Priest and Gnesen like this.
  9. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

People who don't stop, look at the situation and think before making a ridiculous assumption and acting on it. Just one of many examples: the foreman gave my roommate and I 2 folding chairs. We sat outside on them a lot. Some idiot thought they were motel property and brought them down by his room. There are NO chairs ANYWHERE in the motel or on the property that look even remotely similar to these chairs and the guy was standing right there when the foreman took them out of his pickup truck and gave them to us. When we brought them back, the guy yelled, "HEY! YOU DON'T OWN THOSE CHAIRS!" We informed this nitwit that we do in fact own the chairs and went over all of the aforementioned factors as to why he should have known that they're our chairs. Even after the foreman confirmed giving them to us and the owner of the motel said that they're not his, the guy still tried to assert the notion that they belong to the motel. No brain!

Another is unreliable co-workers. Rather than telling that story again, you can read my latest post in "Greetings from the Road".

John James and HarmanKardon like this.

10. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Bobcat this is in no way directed towards you just to be clear.I hate those characters that drive 50mph in the middle lane on a 75mph highway causing mass mayhem all around them and their completely oblivious to the fact.

Mitkraft likes this.
  11. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

No worries. I'm typically 5 over, 9 sometimes on long hauls.

12. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Trucker i take it?They see all the idiots and all the mayhem for sure.Seen a bit riding shotgun in a cabover years ago.

13. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

They're not as bad as the ones who do it in the fast lane!

Mitkraft likes this.
  14. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Not a trucker. Sales. Long haul for me is a recent vaca and multiple job related trecks across the state each week.

15. Mitkraft

Mitkraft AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just got reminded of one you guys should get a laugh out of: Inappropriate public men's room sounds!

Acceptable public men's room sounds: Burping, farting, #2 sounds, clearing your nose, peeing, flushing

Unacceptable public men's room sounds (keep in mind, most of them are giant echo chambers):

1. Whistling/singing - Just don't do it! This isn't a place for you to come in whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-dah! If you come into the men's room whistling or singing then you are WAY too happy about being in there plus you are disturbing the concentration of others who are trying to do their business in peace.
    2. Excessive chatter - This isn't the lady's room, take it outside! And for goodness sake don't try to strike up a conversation with a stranger at the urinal next to you!
    3. Wheezing, sighing, grunting, etc. while going to the restroom. I don't know what spicy food you at but suck it up and go in quiet like a man!
    4. Any loud chewing, smacking or whatever noises with your mouth. Like I said, its a big echo chamber and that just sounds disgusting.

16. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Whistling should be forbidden in ANY public setting... I have yet to meet ANYONE who enjoys another persons whistling...

New peeve- Disaster Rubberneckers. We had a bad storm roll through the other day. Two neighbors had trees fall on their houses. One house, a huge tree fell. hit his roof, slid down, smashed the entire front porch off, continued down and smashed BOTH SUVs in the driveway. I feel bad for the guy. BUT then, there have been TONS of people standing out front, taking pictures, gawking, stopping in the middle of the street to take pictures and stare, it's annoying. Poor guy has half his house hanging wide open and two flat cars in the driveway, and d'bags are out front giggling and taking pictures.

Hobie1dog, John James and Mitkraft like this.
  17. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Used to work with an engineer who would converse with you in a loud voice continuously as he marched into the stall, dropped his pants and proceeded with the entire process. Very awkward.

Mitkraft likes this.

18. Dr Tinear

Dr Tinear AK Subscriber Subscriber

People who use their cell phones in public restrooms are one of my pet peeves. There's a time and a place to take a phone call, and that ain't it.

rshep and Mitkraft like this.
  19. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Cute picture of a kid in KC selling lemonade last weekend to raise money for her own cop uniform because 'she just wants to be a cop'. She made enough in the morning that she got to go buy it, and re-opened the stand that afternoon. Word got around and over 50 cops stopped by and gave her badges and took pictures.

But where's the pet peeve you ask? On the sign. People who price things at ".50 cents" which is half a cent. :rolleyes: These folks even put the cents sign BEFORE the price which I have never seen before. Double demerits!

Cop.png

20. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Here in CA she'd get cited for selling without a business license.