What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Whats a cell phone?

2. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Moderator Subscriber

My shower fixture drives me up the wall. 6 o'clock is SPOSED to be perfect-not too hot, not too cold.It typically will singe yerass but good. Move the control over to where it should be perfect, but you'll STILL fricassee yr poor self. > And when you THINK you finally have the right position, then you gotta fiddle fart around w/it,as it has to get itself situated again.

Quadman2 likes this.
  3. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

I once had a shower with separate hot and cold valves. It would get too hot. Every time I turned a valve to cool it down, it would get hotter until a certain point. Then, it would get too cold and with every adjustment to make it warmer, it got colder up to a certain point and too hot again. Very frustrating. It's been almost 30 years since I lived there, but the memory still haunts me.

Quadman2 likes this.
  4. vonclod

vonclod AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mostly theses days..sh#tty drivers, some people should just take a bus.

5. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger Effect Subscriber

New website. First time logging on. Ten seconds in, before I've had a chance to check anything out, I get a pop-up saying something like "Like our site? Want to subscribe to to our daily updates?"

invaderzim and roger2 like this.
  6. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

TV Bland has been going down the tubes for years. Even when they were a classic station, they showed butchered episodes. I remember them proclaiming "full episodes streaming online" of The Beverly Hillbillies. We're talking my A1 favorite show, a show that has rarely been seen in its unedited form since the 80's when Viacom stopped syndicating via 16mm film and went to tape, chopping off about 3 minutes of the show. I went online anticipating I would be seeing an unedited version. Nope. Same old nonsense with 3 minutes butchered out. When I complained, I was given the reasoning of "well, it contains the ending theme song which is cut out on TV." That's NOT a full episode, dummies!

whopintp, roger2 and SuperjazzyJa like this.
  7. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

I don't know if people say this in the US, but here in Britain, when people on telly say "he was poorly" meaning he was unwell or "very poorly" if he was ill. I yell at the telly "very poorly what?, you didn't finish the sentence!" Very poorly....lit? Very poorly described?

8. Athalwolf

Athalwolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not one,
    not two,
    not three,
    but FOUR damn pokey things inside my shirt :yikes:

20170727_100219.jpg

9. SuperjazzyJa

No, we don't use that expression that way here. At least not if I am understanding how you use it correctly. We might say "The room was poorly lit." or something like that. Maybe my old brain just needs clarification. :idea::(

10. SuperjazzyJa

I like that they have been showing the lost episodes of "Bonanza" lately. However, I agree that it's not what it used to be.

11. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

You're using it correctly.:D

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  12. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Super Member

When celebrities break the internet.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  13. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Super Member

Iced tea designed to be cold brewed sucks.

SuperjazzyJa likes this.
  14. SuperjazzyJa

Give it time. They'll improve it.

15. camerakid

camerakid Active Member

My pet peeve is when kids blindly follow along with things they think are "cool", when in reality they are anything but that.

For example, there's this guy on YouTube named Jake Paul, and I'm not going to go too in-depth about him, but here's a news report on him:

16. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

That's egregious!

Of course, if you cut them off, the Shirt Tag Police will show up and arrest you. :thumbsdown:

Athalwolf likes this.
  17. Shominy

Shominy Addicted Member

"It's deja vu all over again." I heard it yet again from a weather wonk on The Weather Channel yesterday.

1970's Fan likes this.
  18. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

What's the matter with quoting one of America's greatest philosophers?

19. Cadillac Kid

Cadillac Kid Addicted Member

You know when you go to the Blade Runner 2049 Virtual Reality experience at SDCC, randomly get tested positive for being a Nexus Replicant, make a break for it, get grabbed mid-stride by the back-pack and slammed up against a wall. I hate that. The cops of the future have no sense of humor.

0e4161ba-2486-4d0d-997a-bebed3339b42.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    noogies likes this.
  20. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

I looked online via the website of a shop in my town for the price of a vacuum flask intending to get it next day (today). It was advertised online at £7.99 but when I went into the shop, the price was £14.99. I should have said something but I didn't. I looked at the delivery prices online and, because I live in the highlands, the delivery price went from £3.99 to £9.00! Mainland is £3.99 but for some strange reason, England still thinks the highlands are off shore, I mean, they have maps, don't they? So, the online price would then have been £16.99! I can't win :mad: :rant:
    :biggrin: Rant over.