What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

That's like deja vu about deja vu!

2. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

I think 95% of my pet peeves are driving related.

The other 15% are people who question my math skills.

3. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

Which is related to one of mine. People that want to help out by saying "your site should have a pop-up to ask people to join your email list"

But that is one step below the boss I had that kept insisting "Just email everyone we have an email address for rather than just those that signed up. People like saving money, they'll want to know about a sale".

4. merlynski

merlynski Curmudgeon Electronicist Subscriber

Autoplay videos (news or advertising) on websites, especially those that pop out and flow down the right side or lower right corner blocking the text. Especially annoying are the ones that cannot be stopped playing, this causes me to abandon the page altogether - immediately. I can read the article faster than they can play the video. Autoplay pop-under window ads are worse, but at least they can be closed.
    I put the sites I can identify in my Hosts file so the get blocked permanently.

EDIT: P.S. I also permanently uninstalled Flash Player!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    noogies and Judas Priest like this.
  5. john111/LZ

john111/LZ Super Member

The Industrial/Financial/ Military Complex-its a bugger....

6. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Moderator Subscriber

My shower temp controller... Damthing has about a 1/64th gap from scalding to freezing.. & for some odd reason, you gotta go thru the whole "Set Up" rigamarole about once a month, as you can't repeat yr last setting reliably.And I would STILL love to give the Gov't Nematode a piece of my mind when it was decided that everybody in America was using way too much water pressure..I PAY for the water I use, Bubba.... DON'T turn down the intensity on ME... If I wanna get Idlewild/JFK water intensity,& am willing to pay for it, why is it anyone else's business ?!? These numbnut do-gooders are gonna be the DEATH of ALL of us, I'm convinced...

John James and Ronald1973 like this.
  7. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Another fine graduate from the Jethro Bodine School of Mathematics!

My previous job I worked at a bit over 5 years. Regional rent to own business which shall remain nameless. Part of the rent to own process is that you provide references that theoretically will rat you out if you decide to welch on a payment or steal the product. It was nothing new to contact an old customer that had paid out or returned something to drum up business. Out of the blue one day the regional manager had a brain storm (brain fart?) and told us to pull files on closed customers. Don't call the customer, call their references and see if they want to rent something. A coworker and I joked that next he would have us use the phone book and call people at random!

Until about 5 years ago, this house had the original toilet that was here since the early 70's. Not that I would do it, but that thing put out enough pressure that you could have flushed a tennis ball down it and it would have went through. Even being on a septic tank, you could flush toilet paper down it. My son accidentally broke it trying to put on a new seat. The new toilet? Don't get me started!

8. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

I find it irritating when people on tv say things like "He fell on the floor" when they are outside and the guy fell on the grass or the road. I shout at the screen " that's the ground he fell on, the floor is indoors!" Why don't they say about a bird for instance, "It flew up into the ceiling" instead of "it flew up into the sky"? Going by the same logic in describing outside things like the ground as the floor, that converts the sea into the bath he he.

9. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

New peeve-

Bruised bananas! And that isn't a euphemism either. Nothing ticks me off more than opening my lunch box, whipping out a beautiful banana, peeling it, only to find that it looks like a dalmatian. Then it's all squishy and gross. Damnit.

10. john111/LZ

john111/LZ Super Member

11. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

People that mow their lawn and dont clean up the grass that their mower blows into the street. Double-down on my annoyance when they intentionally blow clippings onto the street. Worse than those piggish offenses, and usually committed by the same inconsiderate individuals, is shoveling, blowing or plowing snow onto the street.

invaderzim and John James like this.
  12. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Super Member

People that don't watch their mirrors and test your hand eye coordination...

13. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

People who pull out on you and then proceed to be slowpokes.

invaderzim and John James like this.
  14. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Hmm, that could be read a few different ways...

15. Te-Te

Te-Te Super Member

My biggest Peeve is People Texting while driving. All over the road with absolutely NO consideration for anyone else around them.

Judas Priest likes this.
  16. Sandy G

People who INSIST on pulling ahead of you & then invariably almost STOP & turn right..while YOU have to bow yr car up in the middle to keep from hitting them...Jackasses...

John James likes this.
  17. Sandy G

I'm just GLAD the Mighty Valdez has 4-wheel disk brakes..And there are quite a few idjts who OUGHTA be, too. Always kinda wondered what a Honda Quaalude or Civic bred to a 4WD Ford Excursion would look like..If I was going fast enuf,I betcha I could just raise my feet up, & watch it go under the Mighty Valdez..

18. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Not really a "pet peeve", but I've always laughed at people who go out and buy a new car, then buy the brass-plated-made-to-look-like-gold license plate frame with the brand of the car on it.

If I actually give a sh*t about what kind of car it is, I probably already know, and if I don't know, I sure as hell am not going to look at your license plate frame to find out.:confused:

19. don philipe

don philipe AK Subscriber Subscriber

Plastic bags,need I say more.

HarmanKardon likes this.
  20. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Actually, a little clarification wouldn't be a bad thing.