What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Not pursuing a good deal especially when it's reasonably close to home; then it's gone. At least in this case it's only myself to blame. Maybe that's a regret rather than a pet peeve since it doesn't happen all that often but still. Damn.

2. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

^ Yeah, but then I think of all the money saved.

3. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Advertisements that assault our intelligence

4. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Got home yesterday after work at about 6:30 pm. Sun was still up, with a very cool stiff breeze from the NW. Walk in the house, the AC was running. OK well maybe the sun heated things up during the day.

Look at thermostat. We usually run the house at about 76-78F. It's set on 74. Gee, I think to myself, that's kinda chilly even for Mrs. Tox.

Look at digital thermometer. Outside temperature is 72F. Now we're people who like the windows open so we can hear the birds and crickets and so on, so the thing to do here if the house was too hot when Mrs. Tox got home would be to open a couple windows and let that breeze cool it down a couple degrees in a New York minute.

I look for my lovely bride to point out what I perceive is a case of the lazies that future generations will berate us for when the fossil fuels are gone. Where do I find her? In the bedroom. Under a blanket.

:rolleyes:

The only thing that would have topped that is if she had the electric blanket turned on. :rflmao:

noogies likes this.
  5. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

And a fan running!

6. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Don't give her any ideas.

noogies and Ronald1973 like this.
  7. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

People who get up from the table and leave their chairs out , especially in restaurants.

MarZutra likes this.
  8. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Another restaurant one - You wait while they bus your table, then it gets wiped with a wet, grungy, bacteria laden rag leaving the table top wet and expecting you to sit down and be grateful.

9. BigElCat

BigElCat A little further in. Subscriber

I hate when they reach in from behind unannounced. You know; to fill coffee or what ever.

I had a waitress grab my plate at a Pizza Hut one time, it still had a slice of pizza on it. MY slice of Pizza, dammit !

You don't take food from a dog. I didn't scream, "Prison Rules" ! I sure wanted to, though.

10. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

LOL That 'happened' to me last evening when I was at a dinner theater. I wasn't finished my chicken dinner and this arm reaches past me taking my plate. "Oh, I'll take this away for you..." I told her.... 'touch my plate and you'll be drawing back a stump! I haven't' finished...."
    Oh, I'm sorry...LOL

Te-Te likes this.
  11. Shominy

Shominy Addicted Member

Triple pane blurred cell phone video. I know why it's done but it IS distracting and annoying to me.

[​IMG]

John James likes this.
  12. Shominy

Shominy Addicted Member

Oh yes- sportscasters.

"He ran for a buck thirty" instead of one hundred and thirty yards. E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E, with no variety in language.

Aren't you cute.

13. Te-Te

Te-Te Well-Known Member

Big Cooking Day! Go to the store to get everything You need. Get deep into the recipe, only to find out the store did not put important ingredient in the bag, that You Paid for!!!

14. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

Which matches with mine of: People that hold their phones vertical when taking video. It should pop up with a warning that says "All other screens are wider than they are tall, do you still want to hold your camera this way?"

15. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

People who say "OrganTic" and "eXpresso"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  16. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

People who put music threads in the Turntable forum.

17. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

I've met the latter, but never the former.

18. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

The same ones that say "hunnert" (you know, the number after 99)

hi*ball likes this.
  19. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

Round these parts, some folk sez Hun-dard.

20. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

And that reminds me of a real pet peeve of mine, irregardless. I hear a double negative there. Not without regard to = with regard to, just the opposite of what the statement seems to imply. Ack!

It has been mentioned before, probably earlier in this thread. I just heard it again so it is still stuck in my craw. :eek: