What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Ambiguous captchas. Take this one wanting you to click on street signs:

Does the pole count as part of the sign?
    captcha.jpeg

2. SolderIron

SolderIron Super Member

Why do I have only one life to do it right? I want the first one for training, the 2nd for practice, and may be the third for real.

John James and Hobie1dog like this.
  3. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Try Buddhism.

4. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

I got a pretty similar two weeks ago when I started my discogs account. Also nice by starting it: "Please confirm that you are not a computer".

The last thing that I expected is that one day someone would ask me to confirm that I am not a computer.

invaderzim and noogies like this.
  5. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

...er... :idea:...er... please buddies confirm that I am not a computer... :confused:

:D

Te-Te likes this.
  6. loopstick

loopstick AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Remix". Whenever I hear a song that's a "remix" it sounds like some sucky blend of Rap and Disco. I don't think the secret is in the proportions. It's gonna suck no matter how you mix it.

RockFanatic, Hobie1dog and Te-Te like this.
  7. SolderIron

SolderIron Super Member

Hoping I am not in the third one already :). I still have a way to go :( ,,, :)

noogies likes this.
  8. Mozart1220

Mozart1220 Active Member

Well, as my old Granddad used to say, "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."

9. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

My newest one is that age old practice of saying "bless you" whenever someone sneezes. Maybe my allergies are just bad enough that I get tired of hearing it all day or maybe I'm just getting old and cranky but I don't need blessed just because pollen got in my nose.

Hobie1dog likes this.
  10. RockFanatic

RockFanatic Member

I'll have to go with my Rap loving neighbors. That said, they have been paying dearly for their poor taste in music and even poorer sound system. They've been getting the message loud and clear. :rflmao:

danrclem, Hobie1dog and Te-Te like this.
  11. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

I was getting gas a few weeks ago. Some white boy pulls up in his jacked up truck blasting rap music. I proceeded to turn on Hank Williams, Sr. just as loud as I could to give him some competition. He left and there was a black guy beside me getting gas as well. He looked at me, laughed, and said "you're playing Hank Williams, the good stuff!" :rockon:

Gardyloo, danrclem, hi*ball and 2 others like this.
  12. Te-Te

Te-Te Super Member

Now this one aggravates me to no end. People (asswipes) who pull into a parking space and whip the door open and smash their door into the car next to them. I find more hacks on both sides of my car more and more almost everyday.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. Homer4beer

Homer4beer AK Subscriber Subscriber

My pet peeve has got to be idiots going slow in the overtaking/fast lane OR doing the speed limit and refusing to move out of the overtaking lane because they won't allow you to go past them by "speeding".

Honestly it really makes my blood boil! :rant:

John James and Te-Te like this.
  14. Homer4beer

Another thing that ticks me off is the overuse of the word EPIC.

It's seems everything these days is EPIC. Another EPIC video of something or another bla bla bla.

Or an EPIC find of something as trivial as a common ebay item, an EPIC stunt, an EPIC spew, and EPIC burnout bla bla bla......

The true meaning of the word has been totally lost.

Hobie1dog likes this.
  15. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

The word scroe..If I see it in a thread title. I won't bother reading the thread most of the time.

Homer4beer likes this.
  16. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

Cheesy locally produced commercials, especially those that use Godawful jingles instead of any sort of a meaningful message. They look and sound like they are made with dads old camcorder, and some very well may have been! Add a few kids and the family dog that do not add anything to the content and if feels like we are watching home movies of their kids grade school talent contest. Those lousy commercials are usually from local used car dealers or tire shops. What a waste of their money and my time.

John James and Hobie1dog like this.
  17. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Having to pay expensive rent at age 61, on a SS Disability Income check, with little money left over.

18. Homer4beer

Scroe or score?

19. hi*ball

hi*ball Records & Coffee Subscriber

Joe Buck.

Ken Rosenthal.

Gardyloo likes this.
  20. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

So us Cardinal fans aren't the only with a dislike for Joe? His dad was the consummate sports broadcaster, and we were blessed to have Jack Buck calling Cardinal games for years for us in this area. I don't know what Joe's issues are, but he's boring.