What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Online bill pay sites that intentionally disallow cut-and-paste. Really? I have to TYPE my account number... TWICE? I have it saved in a spreadsheet and it's so much more accurate to just copy it off the spreadsheet and paste it into the web site. To those that allow it, thank you. To those that don't, the other "you"-saying applies.

Beatnik likes this.
  2. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Cheap plastic power and connection cables. Recently bought a couple name brand battery trickle chargers/maintainers. Despite that it shouldn't be necessary to mess with them too often, it would be nice if the cords had a semblance of flexibility below 70F.

3. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

When I see those things happen (every day), I just consider that they are too stupid to be embarrassed by their display of such poor driving skills. The frequency of such incidents sure seems to be getting worse every day.

4. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Poeple who can't spell, check, or use spellcheck. :D
    To whom am I referring?

Quadman2 likes this.
  5. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Drivers who do not turn on their headlights well into dark.
    People who drive with high beams on without regard.
    People who stuff HID's into reflector housings that scatter the 5x brighter light.

Beatnik likes this.
  6. PioneerGuy75

PioneerGuy75 Certified Lurker

21st Century litter.......Satellite dishes! I live in a townhouse property, some of them have 3 of them on them!
    And of course no one bothers to remove the dead ones!

7. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Right handed scissors, or anything that can only be used with the right hand!

A mainly left handed user.;)

Q

John James likes this.
  8. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Add those who drive with ONE headlight...and they are aware of it.

Q

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  9. PioneerGuy75

PioneerGuy75 Certified Lurker

Anddddddd that one headlight is aimed towards the sky right into your left mirror!

Quadman2 likes this.
  10. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Maybe more a rant than pet peeve, but airfare bullcrap. Just booked some non-business travel and low and behold a new way to upcharge - at least that I hadn't yet seen.

Cost $25/head more, per flight, if you want to be able to pick seats. Not the upgrade seats mind you, but just for the "privilege" to pick plain old 29C et al, instead of wherever they might stuff ya at check-in time.

11. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

How 'bout the winners in life who keep the high beams on because one low is out and they neither want to bother to fix it, nor want to be pulled over for having a light out?

Quadman2 likes this.
  12. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Already mentioned, but a pic is worth.... well, you know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. HunterMcD

HunterMcD AK Subscriber Subscriber

Adults who still talk as if they’re still I their 20’s. Upward inflections at the end of every sentence and phrases like: “I just feel like.... for meeee....”

MarZutra and Shominy like this.
  14. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

OH YEAH!! More of the (yes, I'll say it) Millennial lack of self confidence. The guy in his mid-20's who was interviewed on the street right after the NYC mow-down did it- pretty sad, and in every other sentence he uttered! Before the flames come, this was not a thing before ~2010.

Related: The Valley Girl thing- there are still vestiges of it in current generations and it is funny to hear 30+ women having it in their speech (TV included).

15. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Sunflower seeds....or should I say eating thereof.

A co-worker has taken a fancy to them. Eats about 1/2 bag a day. We have low wall cubicles and generally the office is fairly quiet. The incessant spitting/blowing sound as he spits the shells into his little cup of waste really gets under my skin.

16. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

ANONYMOUSLY buy him a a bag of of shelled sunflower seeds...he will get the hint.

Q

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    noogies likes this.
  17. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Got a trivial peeve this day... the cork in a wine bottle that either gets poked into the wine, or breaks off half way out the bottle. Irritating more than anything.

Q

18. restorer-john

restorer-john Super Member

So true. They are called indicators for a reason, an indication of what you intend to do, not what you have already done. We have so many roundabouts and the lack of indication makes me really angry.

Wiper blades and headlights? That's interesting. No such rule here- we have tons of sun showers here, no need for headlights. What about when the guy in front on the highway cleans his widescreen and you cop water on yours- do you have to turn on your wipers and your headlights?

19. Harryconover

Harryconover Well-Known Member

Ok pet peeves people who don’t turn there car lights on people who drive slow in the fast lane and people who drive stupid but very slow like then it’s ok

tater415 likes this.
  20. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Currently overused and thus, very American...

the term, "sea change"
    the word, "moment"
    the tag, "#metoo"