What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

ALL T-Mobile/Netflix commercials
    The current Discover Card asian woman "Mo Money" commerical

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Incivek, Adcetris, Yervoy, Viibryd, Zytiga, Xgeva, Taltz, Revatio, Xeljanz...

You name it.

3. braincramp

braincramp AK Subscriber Subscriber

Drivers that text while driving. Makes me want to pull them out of their car give them a whack up alongside the head.

Mitkraft, Judas Priest and Te-Te like this.
  4. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

I live on a corner- The first snow of the year, people think they need to try doing the Tokyo Drift around my corner... Gets pretty annoying...

5. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

This morning it's my Internet provider. No matter how fast of a download speed you purchase from them, the upload speed is all the same-a snail's pace. We're in the country, so they're currently the only ballgame in town (other than Hughes Net). You even have to have a home phone through them to be able to purchase Internet service! It took me over 30 minutes to upload a 38 second video. Our electric provider is working on a fiber optic option that will be available towards the end of next year that will feature high speed Internet and cable service. Ugh, I can't wait!

6. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

^^^
    I hear you. I never gave upload speed much thought because I typically don't send/upload much beyond a picture now and then.

The other day I uploaded a 8.3GB ISO file and even at 6Mbps upload speed (our service is 60 down/6 up) it took almost 4 hours.

7. Te-Te

Te-Te Learning never exhausts the mind. Subscriber

People who don't clean ALL the snow off their cars. Especially before getting on the highway.

Quadman2 and John James like this.
  8. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

More TV news punditry:

"Baked-in".

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  9. tybrad

tybrad 21234 Subscriber

"Breaking news" that's been reported for hours or days.
    "In the weeds". It was interesting/original in the first two days. Now...
    "Lifehack"

Someone prior mentioned word misuse of "tell" (It's a tell that..) and "reveal" (The big reveal.)
    Another that I heard today was, "It's a get that so-and-so was questioned about."

noogies likes this.
  10. roadie1

roadie1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

At 195 pages I'm sure someone used this but my pet peeve is a stranger asking what my pet peeve is.

Dilly Dilly
    ...r1

HunterMcD likes this.
  11. noogies

When people feel obliged to respond to threads they don't like instead of just ignoring them.

Quadman2, Mitkraft and Ronald1973 like this.

12. Ronald1973

People that "like" your "for sale" post on Facebook, yet never comment that they're interested in the item. Also people who want something for nothing, even after admitting you're asking the going rate.

13. JediDude

JediDude Active Member

I've long maintained that if you remove the requirement for people to think, they will stop thinking. That day is fast approaching, if not already here.

14. Ronald1973

People who apologize to your face, then assassinate your character when you're not around.

15. SuperjazzyJa

SuperjazzyJa 18 Wheel Member Subscriber

I recently had a co-worker/roommate like that. Don't miss him at all. Not even a little bit.

roadie1 likes this.
  16. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

That "ding-dong" sound on Honda commercials...

17. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

The annoying over-the-top, loud KIA commercial with the Trans Siberian Orch. (I think) music. I'm a Christmas traditionalist.

roadie1 likes this.
  18. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

I know I've said it before, but the frequency and ubiquitous-ness of news, political commentators and politicians inserting "look" and "listen" into sooo many sentences convinces me that they are either trained or told to do it. It just can't be an informal spreading of the idea.

Another hyped pundit tv media word: reckoning.

19. noogies

Listen, you've really got to calm down about this, or else prepare to face a day of reckoning!

Shominy likes this.
  20. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Look, I can't do it unless there is a sea change in the day-to-day events. It is a reckoning that, listen, we all have to come together in a National conversation so that, look, we arrive at a consensus. Look, I can't walk it back because in this moment, the hero stakeholders won't have it.

noogies likes this.