What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Pic posted by another AKer. My pet peeve: prices with both a decimal point AND a cents sign. These are point nine five cents each, right? Right?

index.php
You can pay a penny per capacitor. Buy 20 and get the 21st free!

When I wash my hands at home only to find my wife’s collected the hand towels for washing WITHOUT replacing them with a clean one.
Yeah, I’m pretty well pampered.

NFL football? I am surprised that there are enough people still watching to strike up a conversation much less an argument. I swore off the NFL this season but I did catch the play in question on the evening news. It sure looked like a blown call that changed the outcome of the game. It doesn't look like I have been missing much this year.
I'm not a football fan, nor am I a fan at all of what McMahon did to wrestling, but apparently Vince is starting his own football league again.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/xfl-ret...d-vince-mcmahon-forms-new-venture-1202228724/

When I wash my hands at home only to find my wife’s collected the hand towels for washing WITHOUT replacing them with a clean one.
Yeah, I’m pretty well pampered.

It's one thing with towels, but when you get up at 6 am in the dark and someone has used all the TP and didn't replace it... :no:

How about people who don't understand the concept of a thermostat and crank the dial to 90°, thinking that'll heat the room up faster?

Conversely, we had some guests do the same thing, but in the opposite direction with our A/C in California. On a 110° day, they twisted the control down to 60° and left for a weekend in San Diego. Froze the goddam coils in the unit, leading to an expensive repair.

^^ and related.

Heating/cooling: 70 degrees in the house in winter = 70 degrees in the house in summer = 70 degrees outside (when it is).

It is NOT a 'cooler' 70 in the winter, all else being equal.

There's this one woman on my Facebook friend list that I really don't know. We are mutual members of several classic TV groups. She drops in on my profile at like the same time every night, and I get clogged up with her "liking" everything I've posted and she starts commenting, sometimes just "oh, yeah, me too" type of stuff.

Pet peeve or rant, either way...

Dealing with the cable company.

More or less I have two accounts. One at "my" house which is just Internet only, one at the SO/GF's house where it's basically a full boat; Internet, CATV plus premium channels, and phone service. The kick in the seeds is that at my house, with just Internet, is eligible for free speed increase from 65/5 to 100/10, yet the big account is not eligible. Go figure...pay more, get less in some regards.

Also- how hard is it to fuc^ing check your post after posting it? It's particularly annoying in sequencing-sensitive threads, i.e. most games.

These same people probably watch accidents happen in their rear view mirror.

In keeping with the peeves of heating...the people you visit, and they are in shorts and t-shirts. then having the audacity to complain about their rather high utility bills.:rolleyes:

I get peeved cause I came dressed in winter clothing with it -20 outside, without the wind factor! I laugh inside...and sweat on the outside.

Q

Last edited:
Yesterday (the 26th) I went to a Burger King while on a road trip. Ordered a chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, add mustard and keep the lettuce and tomato. The guy goes "We're out of tomatoes." At this point I saw the sign posted next to the drive thru speaker that said "We're out of fries and onion rings. We have hash browns."

Why you open.

I went to a Burger King while on a road trip. Ordered a chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, add mustard and keep the lettuce and tomato.

Sorry Tox, but you just gave me a pet-peeve flashback. This is not directed at you, but I am going to use you as an example, lol...

People's personalized order-placing language... "Hold the mayo, add mustard, keep the lettuce and tomato". I was with you on "hold the mayo" and "add mustard", but "keep the lettuce and tomato"? Who's keeping it; am I keeping it? along with the mayo I'm already holding? Or is the sandwich keeping it?

This comes from years of frustrated order-taking at a pizza shop. "Delivery or pickup"? "Carry out". That's not one of the options I gave you. I give you options in "my" language, you parrot them back to me. The phrase "carry out" has always caused problems. I have had customers call up and say "where's my order? I've been waiting?" - "you ordered carry-out" - "Yeah, you're supposed to carry it out to me!".

Leave no ambiguity when ordering. Don't try to be cute. Just use caveman terms. "Want burger with mustard, lettuce and tomato ONLY". Done.

And related to the above, drive through intercoms with pre-recorded "Thank you for stopping at ___, place your order whenever you're ready!". Then I give my whole order. Then I just hear "sigh... can you repeat that?"...

Every. damn. time.

I see your point. Actually I didn't say it that way at the time. Just hold the mayo and add mustard. I only mentioned the tomatoes here because it was important to the story.

Given the average intelligence out there, I would go postal after 3 days working fast food. God bless anyone who does it.

The dating site ads at the top of the page! I realize some of y'all might not get said ads, but I do. 20 something gorgeous ladies in every picture. Come on, I'm a graying 44 year old guy. If a good looking 20 something female can't find a date, why would I join? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom