What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

I don't even drink coffee ,I despise it but at work id never let the pots go dry.I was in the office way more than the other guys as that was part of my work place so why not.Those bunn coffee machines were great as at my job they made at least 12 pots a day 365 days a year for years!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

NextDoor neighborhood forums used to be kinda useful to keep up with local topics, alerts, get togethers, helping neighbors out.

Now, it's just getting plain weird with bizarre, kooky, paranoid replies to noises, strange cars, airplane contrails, loose dogs, pet stealing hawks.

I feel like King Arthur in Monty Python's Holy Grail...Camelot....no, its a silly place.

3. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

OK, that is so good that is worthy of seeing and reading again!

4. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Maybe ive mentioned this one before.When I turn on my sports channel and their broadcasting poker.In what sick universe is poker a sport???? Put it on the national paint drying channel where it belongs!

John James and Judas Priest like this.
  5. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Going to henna tattoo that backwards on my daughter's forehead tonight.

John James and Andyman like this.
  6. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Addicted Member

That no matter how bad things get, some dumb ass always makes things worse and actually thinks he’s making things better.

BruceRPA likes this.

7. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

I think it's great to see you and Shom, acting like adults, and publicly sharing each other's POV with apologies to boot. :thumbsup: So many tend to carry on with a verbal feud, whereas they should be going to "message" to settle their differences.

This is what makes AK great and stands above some of the other sites!

Q

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    noogies, Te-Te and Shominy like this.
  8. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bizzarre answers from eBay sellers.

My message:

How is the sound quality? Can u hear any pops and clicks?
    Thanks

Hello
    this copy looks great thank you!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    invaderzim likes this.
  9. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Ordered a sonic tooth cleaner from amazon.Lovely looking product,instructions might as well be on microfilm! Now I have to find a magnifying glass.Why cant they make the lettering bigger for gods sake.

10. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Going back a couple pages, you guys hear about that lady in CA who returned her dead Christmas tree on Jan. 4th to Costco, and actually got a refund? That's the other side of the returns coin. Bugs me that they give out refunds when they're clearly not justified.

invaderzim and Mitkraft like this.
  11. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Yeh I read that one and I'm fervently hoping that woman has never had children.If she did their doomed.

Mitkraft likes this.

12. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

This morning at the grocery store saw this dude(dud), pick up with bare hands some individual buns, then throw them back into the bin. Was gonna confront but the OS was with me...she hates public confrontation. Me? I don't mind. Getting more "squeaky wheel" as time goes on...I guess? Maybe more of us has to do this?

Q

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    noogies likes this.
  13. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

I usually do, and I never regret it unless the wife is with me.

Quadman2 likes this.
  14. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

How true! Doing that has become an entire industry. Its all over the internet and is the bread-and-butter of every mainstream media outlet. They are really good at it too. Sadly, that is far, far beyond being just a pet peeve.

Come to think of it though, I have a couple of people that I work with that seem to take great pleasure out of turning every screw they can just to see how difficult they can make things for everyone else. That’s really sick. It doesn’t improve their life at all. It just seems to them that it lowers the relative position of those around them. Now THERE is a pet peeve of mine, at the very least, too!

Djcoolray likes this.
  15. vinowino

vinowino Well-Known Member

Drivers who park and encroach into an adjoining park by the distance of their wheels (front or back or side in a paralell or angle) thus making the park unusable for others.

Mitkraft likes this.
  16. Zekeman

Zekeman Super Member

In the USA our Rules of the Road state to proceed into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn. In heavy traffic sometimes only one or two cars will be able to turn once the yellow caution light comes on. Some people, when the light turns green, will not proceed into the intersection to wait to make their turn. Instead they wait at the line and sometimes, will not even attempt to turn, even when the yellow light comes on!!! And...no cars get through!!! Drives me nuts.

John James, Ronald1973 and Mitkraft like this.

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Listen, if you’re the first car in a turn lane, please pay attention and GO when the light turns green so more than 3 cars are able to turn before the light turns red again.
    Thank you.

Bill Ferris and Te-Te like this.
  18. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

I'm always screaming, which shade of green are you waiting for?,lol.

Bill Ferris likes this.
  19. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

I remark to myself that they must've gotten their license at Sears and Roebuck!

20. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Going out into the intersection in Phoenix, especially behind another car is taking huge risk because of the red light running being the norm.