What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

People complaining about theads. And browsers. And music vids. And particular songs. And bases opinion on 'chances'. And discussing clutter.

:):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::):jump::)

hi*ball likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. maxhifi

maxhifi AK Subscriber Subscriber

Blame the opioid crisis, it's unreal what kind of nonsense people get up to just to make a few bucks, ends up costing retailers a ton of money, and then coming back to people like you and me with increased prices and rules like giving driver's license info. They need to establish a pattern of the same D/L returning stolen items, or etc. Dishonest people always ruin things for everyone else!

John James likes this.
  3. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

I interviewed for an assistant manager position for a regional convenience store chain. There was enough pet peevery there to write a book including being made to wait almost 20 minutes for my interview. However, I digress.

Customers were "guests." Cashiers were "hosts" and "hostesses." This highfalutin hot shot regional boss was in there telling me how the company's priority wasn't to make money, but to make "the guest" happy. Oh, by the way, the job of a "host" or "hostess" was more important than his job! If the owners called him and said either he had to go or a "host" or "hostess" had to go, he would tell them to fire him because he didn't know the "guests" as well, and "guests" are a priority. Okay, if it's not important to make money, and my satisfaction is more important, send me home with enough fried chicken and biscuits to last me a month! :naughty:

4. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

When people try to defuse an inflammatory comment, obviously meant to annoy or offend, by posting a bunch of smiley dudes. That doesn't make what you said funny. If you want to piss somebody off, either do it and suffer the consequences or don't bother at all.

5. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

noogs
    There was no intent other than some (apparently) poor humor on my part. I'm sorry.

noogies likes this.
  6. philo426

philo426 Super Member

On a positive note I went to Wally World to exchange an air mattress that was leaking.I had the box but not the receiptt but I got an even exchange no muss no fuss....the way most transaction should be,

7. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

No worries. I'm on kind of a short fuse lately. Probably not a good time to be posting in the "pet peeves" thread. I'm sorry too.

Shominy and John James like this.
  8. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

9. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

I didn't read 196 pages, but if for some reason it hasn't been mention it's the assholes who empty the breakroom coffee pot and don't brew a fresh one for the next guy.
    Litmus test for a self absorbed sociopath who cares for no one but themselves...

lokerola likes this.

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

You might consider decaf.

11. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

Naw, folks just need to do the right thing...
    I know. Tall order.

DN-6-Color-Tile-German-House-Rules_main-1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Te-Te, soundmotor, BruceRPA and 3 others like this.
  12. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger Effect Subscriber

No, he's right.

coffee.jpg

noogies likes this.
  13. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

I don't even drink coffee ,I despise it but at work id never let the pots go dry.I was in the office way more than the other guys as that was part of my work place so why not.Those bunn coffee machines were great as at my job they made at least 12 pots a day 365 days a year for years!

14. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

NextDoor neighborhood forums used to be kinda useful to keep up with local topics, alerts, get togethers, helping neighbors out.

Now, it's just getting plain weird with bizarre, kooky, paranoid replies to noises, strange cars, airplane contrails, loose dogs, pet stealing hawks.

I feel like King Arthur in Monty Python's Holy Grail...Camelot....no, its a silly place.

15. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

OK, that is so good that is worthy of seeing and reading again!

16. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Maybe ive mentioned this one before.When I turn on my sports channel and their broadcasting poker.In what sick universe is poker a sport???? Put it on the national paint drying channel where it belongs!

John James and Judas Priest like this.
  17. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Going to henna tattoo that backwards on my daughter's forehead tonight.

John James and Andyman like this.

18. Djcoolray

Djcoolray Addicted Member

That no matter how bad things get, some dumb ass always makes things worse and actually thinks he’s making things better.

BruceRPA likes this.
  19. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

I think it's great to see you and Shom, acting like adults, and publicly sharing each other's POV with apologies to boot. :thumbsup: So many tend to carry on with a verbal feud, whereas they should be going to "message" to settle their differences.

This is what makes AK great and stands above some of the other sites!

Q

noogies, Te-Te and Shominy like this.
  20. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bizzarre answers from eBay sellers.

My message:

How is the sound quality? Can u hear any pops and clicks?
    Thanks

Hello
    this copy looks great thank you!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    invaderzim likes this.