1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

A maj for me as well! I think I may have mentioned it previously as well. That slow guy/gal in front gets away, and you get smacked!

Q

Please register to disable this ad.

2. SA-708

SA-708 Appalachian-American Subscriber

As used in a different thread, the term "life hack" bothers me. As a computer professional (and hobbyist before I earned my degree), I guess the new use of the word "hack" is what annoys me, as it seems to draw on the idea of computer hacking and not cutting, bad reporting nor taxi-cabs.

Heloise simply called them hints.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Ohighway, PioneerGuy75 and Shominy like this.
  3. Pioneered

Pioneered Well-Known Member

Oh, if where going to get into words and there use that bothers us I have a couple of big ones that really anger me when some dolt comes up to me and uses them.
    First ones "DUDE", does anyone one know the real meaning of this, in the day we referred to the inexperienced riders as Dudes, Green Horns, etc. Every time some one calls me this I look around and back at them and say, "No DUDES here!"
    The second one is "Bro" ,"Brother" and the way it's said. I'm not your BRO! and I'm not your Brother! and most the time I thank God I'm not when I'm approached and referred to this.
    Just irritates me to the point of wanting to punch the idiot right in the face. I don't know why, just does.

PioneerGuy75 likes this.
  4. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

I use to tease my younger brother who was color blind .I want a red car says he,what does it matter you cant tell anyways says i.Your an a hole says he ,lol.

Pioneered likes this.
  5. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

People who post videos of their stereo systems/components on youtube to show you how good they sound.

You dummy, it sounds like youtube on my computer speakers!!!

6. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Reminds me of ads back in the '60s for Admiral living color televisions, which we could only watch on our cruddy little B & W Sony portable.

Ronald1973 and John James like this.

7. Audiotfoot

Audiotfoot AK Subscriber Subscriber

Pop-up videos. If I want to listen to what they have to say I'll click the video, It's especially irritating if music is being played from the computer while I'm cruising the net and someone starts babbling over the music.

Side note: interesting how close cruising the net and cursing the net is.

PioneerGuy75 and John James like this.
  8. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Ya I listened to a pair of beautiful massive jbl,s and they sounded exactly like my cerwin vega vs 80,s.Boy was I disappointed,lol.

Audiotfoot likes this.
  9. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

People who hijack threads. Had that happen on a thread I started today.....ugh....

10. Sooooo.... Who w-o-u-l-d you like to have pay for your looking at someone's site? Don't you understand the economics on this?
    Annoying, yes. Necessary for free-to-you content, yes.

noogies and Ronald1973 like this.
  11. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Whst did he do to highjack the thread?

12. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

People that bring toddlers (or babies) to non-kids movies. Our viewing of Tomb Raider was peppered with a toddler running up and down the isle behind us, grabbing the bar that separates the rows and then bouncing back and forth going "ahh, ahhhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhh,"

13. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

When you are driving and the person in the next lane is multiple car lengths back but as soon as you flick on your turn signal you see their car surge as they floor it, trying to block you.

And people that pass you and then slow down below what your speed is. I have seriously passed the same car 5 or 6 times with my cruise control set the entire time.

Ashfan, noogies and John James like this.
  14. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Market manipulation tweets

15. JediDude

JediDude Active Member

I'm with you on this one.
    I don't care how fast or slow the other guy wants to drive, but pick a speed and stick to it.
    Brings to mind the line I saw somewhere: "Lead, follow, or get out of the way".

Ronald1973 likes this.
  16. philo426

philo426 Super Member

or you have a brain fart and accidently leave your only set of car keys(electronic keys cost 150 bucks and require a trip to the dealership)and have to call a tow truck to have them open itl.Let my AAA membership lapse so it cost me 55 bucks!Cops refuse to do it due to liabilty concerns.The wife was pissed!

17. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Long winded GIFs in threads.

18. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Amazingly, my '93 Buick LeSabre HAD a chipped key. The starter went out a few years ago, so my brother in law replaced it for me. Got it done, went to start the car, and "security" kept flashing at us. My mechanic replaced the ignition with a regular ignition that doesn't require a chipped key. I'm sure that wouldn't even be an option on a newer vehicle.

19. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Costly mistake I will not repeat!

20. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

My new Honda Civic has electric windows that don't work after you've turned off the car. Oh, they do if you haven't opened a door, but if you walk around to the other side to get something out and realize you left a window down, well, on my old car I could reach over, stick the key in, flip it to ACC and roll up the window. New car has pushbutton ignition, ACC is one push w/o pushing the brake pedal, so I can do it from the other side, but guess what...windows don't work in ACC mode! Gotta walk all the way back around, sit in the driver's seat, push the brake, START THE ENGINE, then you can close your fucking window. Also, after starting, it's a full 30 sec before the electronic screen gizmo will let me turn on or off the radio or change the station. FFS.

noogies likes this.