What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

People who hijack threads. Had that happen on a thread I started today.....ugh....

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Sooooo.... Who w-o-u-l-d you like to have pay for your looking at someone's site? Don't you understand the economics on this?
    Annoying, yes. Necessary for free-to-you content, yes.

noogies and Ronald1973 like this.
  3. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Whst did he do to highjack the thread?

4. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

People that bring toddlers (or babies) to non-kids movies. Our viewing of Tomb Raider was peppered with a toddler running up and down the isle behind us, grabbing the bar that separates the rows and then bouncing back and forth going "ahh, ahhhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhh,"

5. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

When you are driving and the person in the next lane is multiple car lengths back but as soon as you flick on your turn signal you see their car surge as they floor it, trying to block you.

And people that pass you and then slow down below what your speed is. I have seriously passed the same car 5 or 6 times with my cruise control set the entire time.

Ashfan, noogies and John James like this.
  6. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Market manipulation tweets

7. JediDude

JediDude Active Member

I'm with you on this one.
    I don't care how fast or slow the other guy wants to drive, but pick a speed and stick to it.
    Brings to mind the line I saw somewhere: "Lead, follow, or get out of the way".

Ronald1973 likes this.
  8. philo426

philo426 Super Member

or you have a brain fart and accidently leave your only set of car keys(electronic keys cost 150 bucks and require a trip to the dealership)and have to call a tow truck to have them open itl.Let my AAA membership lapse so it cost me 55 bucks!Cops refuse to do it due to liabilty concerns.The wife was pissed!

9. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Long winded GIFs in threads.

10. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Amazingly, my '93 Buick LeSabre HAD a chipped key. The starter went out a few years ago, so my brother in law replaced it for me. Got it done, went to start the car, and "security" kept flashing at us. My mechanic replaced the ignition with a regular ignition that doesn't require a chipped key. I'm sure that wouldn't even be an option on a newer vehicle.

11. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Costly mistake I will not repeat!

12. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

My new Honda Civic has electric windows that don't work after you've turned off the car. Oh, they do if you haven't opened a door, but if you walk around to the other side to get something out and realize you left a window down, well, on my old car I could reach over, stick the key in, flip it to ACC and roll up the window. New car has pushbutton ignition, ACC is one push w/o pushing the brake pedal, so I can do it from the other side, but guess what...windows don't work in ACC mode! Gotta walk all the way back around, sit in the driver's seat, push the brake, START THE ENGINE, then you can close your fucking window. Also, after starting, it's a full 30 sec before the electronic screen gizmo will let me turn on or off the radio or change the station. FFS.

noogies likes this.
  13. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Either HIPAA is out of control, or my health care provider is. Just got off the phone with them, a large university health system. I asked for copies of some bills from last year to make sure I got reimbursed for everything before I lose what's left in my account on the 15th. They can email them..but only to a 'secure' email which I have to read through the Google Chrome Server and set up a whole password thing to get the attachments. WHAT? Well I can't read my work email through Google Chrome, ma'am, does a govt. email address work? No, it's not secure she says. What. OK, how about fax then. Is the fax machine secure? Well I think so, ma'am, I'm standing next to it. No, she says, someone could hack into it, or someone else could take the printouts, so we can't fax them to an unsecure machine. "you could sue us." She literally said that. I'm standing next to it with my hand out, lady! Shit. They're MY records, you're telling me you can't send them to a password protected email or a fax machine I tell you I'm standing next to? No.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

John James likes this.
  14. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

That's absurd -- one of those things that would never occur to you to check before you buy.

invaderzim likes this.
  15. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

My daily driver, a 2004 Golf, turns more an more out to be nothing but a piece of sh*t. This car has only 83000 miles but I have had countless electric issues. I have to buy a new car.

My 40 years old Audi has 190000 miles and is still fine.

Te-Te likes this.
  16. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

When you go to use a solder sucker, (the spring loaded kind) - pick it up, and it isn't loaded. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  17. SolderIron

SolderIron Super Member

Not enough hours of daylight in a day! 24 hours of sun and 8 hours of night is what I need.

18. Audiotfoot

Audiotfoot AK Subscriber Subscriber

When I'm reading a news story and a video pops up babbling about the story I'm reading, that's the pop-up that annoys. It would seem the news services have plenty of advertising displays without the need to post a video of the story also. Of course, there are probably those who don't want to read the story. If I'm not streaming and reading the speaker is muted.

invaderzim and Judas Priest like this.
  19. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

202 pages, 4,037 contributions to this thread. I am proud to be a member of such a bitchy lot. Yeah, we are!

20. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

I would post a lot more but I keep hearing kids on my lawn.