What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Either HIPAA is out of control, or my health care provider is. Just got off the phone with them, a large university health system. I asked for copies of some bills from last year to make sure I got reimbursed for everything before I lose what's left in my account on the 15th. They can email them..but only to a 'secure' email which I have to read through the Google Chrome Server and set up a whole password thing to get the attachments. WHAT? Well I can't read my work email through Google Chrome, ma'am, does a govt. email address work? No, it's not secure she says. What. OK, how about fax then. Is the fax machine secure? Well I think so, ma'am, I'm standing next to it. No, she says, someone could hack into it, or someone else could take the printouts, so we can't fax them to an unsecure machine. "you could sue us." She literally said that. I'm standing next to it with my hand out, lady! Shit. They're MY records, you're telling me you can't send them to a password protected email or a fax machine I tell you I'm standing next to? No.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

John James likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

That's absurd -- one of those things that would never occur to you to check before you buy.

invaderzim likes this.
  3. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

My daily driver, a 2004 Golf, turns more an more out to be nothing but a piece of sh*t. This car has only 83000 miles but I have had countless electric issues. I have to buy a new car.

My 40 years old Audi has 190000 miles and is still fine.

Te-Te likes this.
  4. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

When you go to use a solder sucker, (the spring loaded kind) - pick it up, and it isn't loaded. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. SolderIron

SolderIron Super Member

Not enough hours of daylight in a day! 24 hours of sun and 8 hours of night is what I need.

6. Audiotfoot

Audiotfoot AK Subscriber Subscriber

When I'm reading a news story and a video pops up babbling about the story I'm reading, that's the pop-up that annoys. It would seem the news services have plenty of advertising displays without the need to post a video of the story also. Of course, there are probably those who don't want to read the story. If I'm not streaming and reading the speaker is muted.

invaderzim and Judas Priest like this.

7. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

202 pages, 4,037 contributions to this thread. I am proud to be a member of such a bitchy lot. Yeah, we are!

8. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

I would post a lot more but I keep hearing kids on my lawn.

9. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

I've shared my aggravation with people on Facebook yard sale sites who ask about stuff and never respond back. Well, here's another pet peeve to go with it. I posted a computer for sale. In the picture, I clearly marked in bold red letters what the price was. I had two inquiries today as to what the price was. Not asking if I'd come down, but "how much are you asking for it." I finally got irritated enough today that I told the last inquiry "it's in the picture."

10. Dave1384

Dave1384 Stuck in the 70's

We own 3 Accords, a 2000, 2006 and a 2014. Daughter has a '09 Civic. None of these cars come with annoying quirks, although with the'14 you begin to notice technology creep. I looked at the'18 out of curiosity and didn't like the bullshit in it.
    Kinda like the lawnmowers.

11. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

I drive a '93 Buick LeSabre. I've had it over 3 years, my dad had it about 10 years before me. Wonderful car. It's getting close to turning over to 280,000 miles and still going strong; the motor probably has 150,000 on it, but the transmission is original, and I've not had anything major at all done to it in the 3 years other than a new radiator and new master cylinder. I posted my mileage on Facebook when a friend came along and told it was time to trade in for a 2018 model. Nope!

12. invaderzim

invaderzim Active Member

People that get to a 4-way stop noticeably before you but still sit there waving you through.

Everything goes smoother on the road if people go when they should go.

And even better when the light out doesn't allow you to see into the other car but they still try to wave you through.

Bobcat likes this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Boy you’re not kidding on the mowers.
    No wonder they have to be self propelled.
    I still seek out good old alum decked Lawnboys because they’re light, reliable and simple.

14. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

This morning, I looked out of the back window to see a blackbird struggling to get a good position to be able to get at the half coconut filled with fat and seeds that I had hung on the fence. I went out and took the two of them that were there and laid them on the ground as I have done before, to make it easier for her. Half an hour later, I looked out again and they were gone! I went out to see if they’d been pulled into the longer grass, but there was no sign of the coconuts. Some galloot has stolen them. I can’t think of any other reason for their absence. I really really hate thievery even of things that have very little value. The things only need to be MY things to get me mad.

John James likes this.
  15. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

Any coons or coyotes around?

16. 1970's Fan

1970's Fan Super Member

I hope not, especially the coyotes, I live in the UK.

John James likes this.

17. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

Oops! I didn't notice.

18. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

TV commercials with effin' little mumbly kids that someone thinks are cute.

John James and noogies like this.
  19. jcamero

jcamero If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind. Subscriber

"Three trips to the hardware store*", to fix an easy, (so it seems), home issue. Being totally unorganized, I know I have it, just can't find it!
    * Sounds like a good title for a Grateful Dead song.

Ronald1973 likes this.
  20. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

:thumbsup: +:beerchug:

Te-Te and Quadman2 like this.