1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Current pet peeve- my cheap computer speakers at my day job. They are so weightless, and the volume knob is so stiff, I end up pushing them all over the desk trying to turn the volume! I am about to duct tape them in place!

If I thought I would work here for a while, I'd bring in some decent speakers from home. But I don't, so I won't :)

Te-Te likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

:thumbsup: + :beerchug:

3. Quadman2

Quadman2 Addicted Member

I got a minor peeve this day...the height of paper towel dispensers the washrooms in restaurants/bars.

They install them at a height that when you try to operate the darn things...the water from your wet hands after washing them, runs down yer arm before you have a chance to dry them.

And ya, I'm the only one who's ran into this prob.:rolleyes:

Q

HarmanKardon and Te-Te like this.
  4. Quadman2

Quadman2 Addicted Member

OK...maybe Te-Te 2.:D

Q

HarmanKardon and Te-Te like this.
  5. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with that.

6. Quadman2

Quadman2 Addicted Member

A lot also depends I think, on the height of the person using said drying devices...or maybe the installer?

Q

noogies and HarmanKardon like this.

7. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Sports announcers with access to computers during games.

They babble constantly during games, bringing up every single piece of trivial statistics they can find. Shut up and call the game. I don't really care how may times the shortstop scratches his nuts when he's batting left-handed and has a full count.

Mitkraft, noogies and Bill Ferris like this.
  8. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

I don't really share your peeve, but that's pretty funny right there.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  9. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

I don't mind some of the info they share, but some of it just goes overboard - IMHO, that is.

noogies likes this.
  10. Flyingbase

Flyingbase Active Member

Groups of people that walk in the middle of sidewalk, side by side, slowly. When you rushing to get to class and I get stuck behind people that do that I've been know to jump out in the busy street or walk on retaining walls to get around them. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't leave for class only 5 minutes before it starts but procrastination is a virtual (at least I say so)

11. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

It's probably been mentioned, and I might have been the one to bring it up, but I detest people who pull out and poke. I was going to take my niece and nephew to school yesterday since my brother in law is working and my sister doesn't want to wake up the 2 year old nephew and get him out. About a mile before the stop sign, a car pulls out on me, lollygagged at about 35mph, stopped for the stop sign, and then turned without a signal. Where did you get your driver's license, out of a Cracker Jack box?

12. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Active Member

I did some accident reconstruction forensics during my first job out of engineering school. I read many police reports and depositions were people would intentionally use complicated language to describe simple facts

i.e. "the defendant was driving at a high rate of speed" ....It would annoy me every time because it creates more confusion that others tend to repeat and adds no value to the problem....(Do you mean "rate of distance" over time....because that is already defined as speed....or "rate of speed" as in acceleration? do you mean the driver was accelerating? ...) Just say the car was moving faster/slower or at the speed of traffic...arrrgg

John James and Bill Ferris like this.
  13. jami w.

jami w. just being me thats all

people who are condesending, snarky, rude, ignorance, or who think their better then others.

14. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Yep Me Generation mentality run amok!

15. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

"Upon arrival at the scene, we determined that..." :(

HowlerMonkey likes this.
  16. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Well-Known Member

People not realizing Project and Pro-Ject have two very different meanings people using the later for the before.

jami w. likes this.

17. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

There's an active shooter at a high school Texas this morning, and all three major news broadcasts lead with the "Royal Wedding".

Sad state of affairs.

John James likes this.
  18. scoloheros

scoloheros Well-Known Member

People that call others "opinionated" only because they don't share their opinion.

People saying, "nobody is perfect" or "that's just me", only to give their selves permission to keep doing whatever it is they do that they probably shouldn't be doing.

19. the skipper

the skipper Amateur Curmudgeon Subscriber

Doors in rest rooms you need to turn a knob or some such to get out.

Sadly, many men don't wash after taking care of their business and I have to turn the same knob to get out that they did. This problem is exacerbated when the rest room has no paper towels, only those forced air dryers.

Why they don't standardize and make a universal law that all rest room doors must be push to exit?

20. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Well-Known Member

your never hear a less well of person say Money is not everything