What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Current pet peeve is Jimmy Swaggart. No, not anything he did in the 80's; that conversation would be verboten here anyway! I love music, and I have always loved gospel music by Jimmy as well as his two secular cousins, Jerry Lee and Mickey. I'm on a quest to add composer information to all of the songs on my computer. At over 30,000 songs, I'll be at it a while. In most cases, the Internet is my friend. Google, Discogs, and Hymnary.org are the 3 main things I use, but there are times you have to resort to the album or album cover. I can't tell you how many times I've saw those says "Arrangement: Jimmy Swaggart," have no information at all about the composer, or in some cases it has absolutely wrong information. Then the years are crazy on the releases. For instance, LP109 might say it's from 1974, while LP110 will say it's from 1972. Apparently from what I've gathered there were reissues with different covers, but can't you at least use the same issue date for the same album? Sheesh!

Got a peeve, and it's food related and got a feeling I ain't alone in this.

It often happens when I go into an eatery. I either look up at all those delicious/succulent food items or in the menu and these colourful images help me make my choice. I can hardly wait!

However, that same item that was displayed, looks nothing like the choice I have in front of me when unwrapped/unboxed or served to me. Not at all!

Best words to describe it...a pathetic facsimile.:thumbsdown:

But I eat because I chose it, based on that darn photo that won me over.

Advertising wins again.

I am now...peeved.:oops: I should have known better.

Q

Drivers that when leaving a parking lot, and you're waiting behind them wondering why they have not pulled out to merge onto the highway, because everything is clear, so you pull around to pass them to see they are staring at their phone - guess they think everywhere and anywhere is their "parking space". YES, This just happened to me about an hour ago.

The basic fact that many people do not understand that "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one".

Nosey neighbors... that come over to my open garage door, while I'm in the middle of an "intense" project, and say.. "I'm not being nosey... But?"...:blah:

People that abuse the intended purpose and use of store provided motorized carts in big-box stores. I recently encountered a family of four that were obviously doing nothing more than joy riding. Their behavior and their actions exiting the store removed any benefit of the doubt about their actual need for any kind of assistance. Dad and the two teenage kids looked like they could benefit from taking a few more steps each day. There was no question about that for mom so perhaps she was the only one that had a legitimate need for the use of a motorized cart to navigate the entire store.

All the PC BS in the world today. It really is disgusting!

My wife and I will be watching some old show or movie and we'll say "Ha! they couldn't get away with saying THAT nowadays!"

Seems like we say that more and more often as our "appropriate" vocabulary gets trimmed ever so tighter each day.

If this has been mentioned before, bear with me for a moment. It will make me feel better to post it again since it keeps happening.

On a three lane road where the center lane is marked as the turning lane, my issue is with people that pull into the turning lane and attempt to use it as a merge lane. Some fools even pull into the center lane and stop while they wait for a space to merge into. That extreamely dangerous maneuver causes chaos for all other drivers in the vicinity when another driver enters the turning lane to execute a legal left turn as the roadway was intended to be used. Rear end collisions, side-swipe collisions, head on collisions, or all three at the same time, are the likely result of such bone headed moves. Those folks need to read their states DOT drivers manual or take a remedial Drivers Ed course.

There, I feel better already.

Those stupid spoof phone calls. "This is Joe on a recorded line. Can you hear me alright?" I always respond with "no." "That's great! Well the reason I'm calling today is...does this sound of interest to you?" "Bye, Felicia!" I have literally had 4 or 5 just today alone. It's not even a living person, just a recording! No way on God's green Earth am I going to say "yes!"

Back
Top Bottom