What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

People who buy things from me on ebay and claim to have "just opened the box" like a month later. Or several months later, and decide they want a refund. And me not being able to tell them anything but "sure, take my money!"

invaderzim and Bill Ferris like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

The silent treatment! Doggone it, just come out and tell me what I've done wrong, chew me out, and get it over with!

Quadman2, Te-Te, JHS2RT and 3 others like this.
  3. lokerola

lokerola AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll just say "traffic".

To quote George Carlin, anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, anyone driving faster than you is an an asshole. I commute in heavy traffic and I'm surrounded by idiots and assholes.

4. BruceRPA

BruceRPA AK Subscriber Subscriber

QFT! :thumbsup:

Bill Ferris likes this.
  5. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

George Carlin for the win!

6. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Super Member

I'm at the market today doing the weekly grocery shopping - I've got a medium sized cart load, already on the belt.

The lines are slow today - no baggers for some reason.

I've already been waiting 10 minutes, and then I get the 'stink eye' from someone behind me with about 4 items in a basket as if I should just let them go ahead of me. They *must* be more important than me, right?

Nope.

invaderzim and Te-Te like this.

7. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

That's what express lanes are for!

I got one. Mother in law's 2015 Buick LaCrosse has a running light out - they call them DRL's, Daytime Running Lights. It's inaccessible, down at the bottom of the bumper, not with all the other lights you can access from inside the hood. The manual discusses the DRLs but doesn't even list it on the chart of bulb numbers nor tell you how to get to it.

Ah, but the internet! The internet says, turn the wheel all the way to the other side, then remove the wheel well liner. Yep. Using, get this, TWO different sizes of, not regular screwdrivers, but Torx. Yes, two different Torx to get this panel off. Oh, I forgot to mention, you ALSO need a 7 mm socket wrench for one of the bolts. :rolleyes:

In contrast, my sister's 2005 Volvo. You open the hood, pull out what looks like a tent stake, and the whole light assembly pulls out from the front, giving easy access to each bulb screwed into the back of it.

:rant:

John James likes this.
  8. CoogarXR

CoogarXR Super Member

Ahh technology. My friend has an SUV with LED tail lights. Well one of the "strings" of LEDs was out. The entire tail light was still about 75% lit, just a stripe around the edge was out. She got pulled over for a tail light out. That's the kind of small-town cops we have. I have a running joke that if I have a headlight burn out, I'll get pulled over that day. Every time. I get pulled over for random dumb shit about every third month.

I have been pulled over twice in my own driveway, and I have also come home to find parking citations on cars in my driveway twice. Citations for blocking the 200-year old broken, crooked, flagstone sidewalk that NOBODY uses. Ever. I live on a rural street with like 3 houses on it. The sidewalk doesn't even GO ANYWHERE. It goes like two parcels north and stops in an abandoned field. Yet they won't let me remove the sidewalk either.

So my peeve in this post is the gaggle of Barney Fife's we have around here.

Ronald1973 likes this.
  9. imral3

imral3 Super Member

AK members who have no avatar pic and don't list their location or age!!! Just Sayin'.

Bill Ferris likes this.
  10. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Why do you need to see an avatar picture or know how old they are and where they live?

imral3 likes this.
  11. imral3

imral3 Super Member

Makes my stalking much easier! LOL!!! I just kinda think it's nice to see these things, or at least two of the three. After all, we are friendly folk with nothing to hide, right?

Bill Ferris, John James and noogies like this.

12. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Many of us ... :D

John James and imral3 like this.
  13. imral3

imral3 Super Member

I find it exciting knowing that another AKer lives close to me. Or all the different locations around the world. And if you can't be bothered to upload an avatar pic...:rolleyes:

14. c.coyle

c.coyle AK Subscriber Subscriber

Digital front pages that don't stand still and don't let you see all the headlines at a single glance. For this particular task, give me plain text any day.

I guess I should just admit to myself that I've become an old coot.

Judas Priest and Bill Ferris like this.
  15. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

I once had a friend who did two things that bothered me.

He picked his nose in front of me and constantly used the phase, "it's a mute point".

And what made it more frustrating was the fact that I couldn't say anything as he was my boss.

noogies and Bill Ferris like this.
  16. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

The proverbial thunderstorm that takes out the TV when at a critical point in the story/plot:rolleyes:...and the rest of the episode is based on the part ya missed!

Q

Bill Ferris likes this.

17. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

OK, one more for the day, eh?

You hit the shower. All goes well. You reach for the towel. NO towel! All are in the wash. You forgot to check if one was on the rack. At this point you don't know who to hate more!

A lot of TP gets used at this point.:D

Quit yer d#%mned smilin'. It happens to the best of us!

Q

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Bill Ferris likes this.
  18. This is the fuckassery that I've mentioned before. After work today, as I entered my car, this Wall Of Douchebaggery who parked next to me created a safety hazard for me in leaving.

20180624_163747.jpg

For the love of God, understand that there are others who do not have abnormal psychological shortcomings.
    [​IMG]

Bill Ferris likes this.
  19. spicer

spicer Super Member

We grew up calling that the suicide lane.

20. spicer

spicer Super Member

Especially when it's followed by the word family.

satellite and noogies like this.