What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

A bit of a peeve: internet posters who, when posting about spelling or grammatical pet peeves, commit multiple spelling or grammatical infractions of their own while criticizing the errors of others.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Or having a girlfriend end up missing a period with both people ending up with a lifetime sentence.

Q

noogies and Bill Ferris like this.
  3. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

That is awesome. I usually just put a little hand lotion under the door handle. Let them try to guess what it is.

Bill Ferris likes this.
  4. invaderzim

invaderzim AK Subscriber Subscriber

For some reason all my cars are magnetic and just pull other cars next to them. I'll park 8 spaces out from the nearest car in the parking lot and when I come back out there will be a car parked right next to me. There are 7 spaces closer to the store between my car and all the other cars in the parking lot but for some reason they had to park right next to me.

John James, Bill Ferris and Shominy like this.
  5. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

Love the parking notes but personally I'd like to leave off the 'you asshole' parts. Maybe I'm just a softie, but I think you can tell a person they're inconsiderate with a lower level of rudeness. If they're susceptible to the suggestion they might do better in the future, but would be put off by that. If they're actually an asshole, and there are those out there, they won't give a crap what you think anyway and will go merrily on being an asshole. :dunno: :D

But there are some great ideas there, I can always make my own. I like the turtle one a lot.

Judas Priest and Bill Ferris like this.
  6. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

When I was younger, I took a more direct method of dealing with those who deliberately took up two - or more - spaces for their precious vehicles. I keyed them. It's as good as any ticket they'd never get anyway, because the lesson and the fine were built in. Otherwise they got off scott free and learned nothing.

Bill Ferris likes this.

7. Judas Priest

Judas Priest Super Member

I sure am glad this "keying" thing is not common here in Germany. Not that I give anyone reason to do it. But, still, very primitive. Glad you grew out of it.

merlynski and invaderzim like this.
  8. Scout2015

Scout2015 Active Member

You live in Germany? What part? I have always wanted to visit Germany because my family on my father's side is from there and there are still many of them over there. One is a photographer and I've always wanted to meet him especially and hopefully see his photos (many were war photos).

9. Judas Priest

Judas Priest Super Member

Northern Germany, on the North Sea coast.

I love it here, and never want to go back to the States.

Scout2015 likes this.
  10. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Nasty winters up there by the North Sea I bet!

11. jimbofish

jimbofish for TRULY GREAT MUSIC

Mostly two-lane rural roads where I live and It's unusual to go anywhere without encountering some obstacle like a farm tractor, Amish buggy, bicyclist, roadkill, etc. partially blocking one lane. Seems like there's always a snot of oncoming traffic or a 'No Passing' zone when it's in my lane. But, then, when there's something in the oncoming traffic's lane, they seem to have the opinion that they have priority to just swing out over the center line to get past it without slowing down to wait for me to clear them ,forcing me to slow down for something in their lane they should have slowed for in the first place.

Bill Ferris likes this.

12. Scout2015

Scout2015 Active Member

Just happened - trying to log into a retirement account I haven't look at in years. Received the message "your username, password, zip code or email address does not match what we have on file." Well which one is it???? :mad: Couldn't they be just a bit more specific??

vinowino likes this.
  13. vinowino

vinowino Super Member

This drives me crazy. I often get this. How can it be??" I have the same everything for 15 years - I haven't changed anything.:dunno:

merlynski and Scout2015 like this.
  14. Scout2015

Scout2015 Active Member

Exactly!! :D

merlynski likes this.
  15. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

Perhaps, they consider your account`s lack of activity(like logging on, etc.) as dormant, and want you to contact them to refresh it for them to prove your still above room temperature ?

As a simple example with me, with a rarely used High limit Credit Card(no running monthly balance), Savings, and MM(currently over $50,000.00) deposited account at a Credit Union.
    If there is no activity for a year, they send me a pester notice/s in the mail about lack of account activity (basically wanting me to use the CC once a year and deposit some money, or write a check from the accounts to placate their ass`s, which annoys me since it would seem that they would wish their customers to keep static monies in their financial Institution so they could loan it out while paying me/other`s pittance interest and raking in substantially more loan interest profit monies on "our/my dough" !!

Wasn`t this way years ago..

Not my primary bank, but a backup..

Just a thought vinowino

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    merlynski and noogies like this.
  16. Scout2015

Scout2015 Active Member

Exactly!! :D

17. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

Their rules, and their game !!
    Like it or not, that seems to be the trend these days !!
    Leaches !!

merlynski and Scout2015 like this.
  18. merlynski

merlynski Curmudgeon Electronicist Subscriber

My Discover card did much the same to me this year: Spend some money (charge something) for proof of life.:whip:
    Had not used it for years. :naughty: Charged a motel room, paid it off on first statement. Small pain for me, small gain for them, but they sent me a new card immediately.:p Probably cost them more to process the payment and send the emails than they made. :rflmao:

Ronald1973 and Bill Ferris like this.
  19. DaveAl

DaveAl Member

I see what you did there..

toxcrusadr likes this.
  20. DaveAl

DaveAl Member

oh, and "loose" when they meant "lose". that is a word that I would think English speaking people would know. But, noooooo.

Ronald1973, Bill Ferris and merlynski like this.