What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

ousted felon
    upload_2019-1-3_23-55-1.jpeg

Hobie1dog and UncleBingo like this.
  3. UncleBingo

UncleBingo AK Subscriber Subscriber

When people think that because they're a couple, the 15 item limit for the express lane at the grocery store suddenly becomes 30. Yes dude, I AM trying to burn a hole in the side of your head with my eyes. How did you know?

noogies, Bill Ferris and John James like this.
  4. Hobie1dog

Hobie1dog Super Member

Bankers should all be thrown in prison they way they rob the people. 150% interest on a mortgage is criminal activity

5. Beatnik

Beatnik What's this ?

Crap road work.

They spent many months putting a center turn lane and pass lanes on each side of a two lane 55 mph road. One week after opening it already had pot holes. One month later it's undriveable and dangerous. People are having to drive on the turn lane area (center old original road) to avoid being tossed off the side of the new stuff into the ditch.

One day there was actually a sheriff sitting in the turn lane, lights on, forcing you to drive on the bad stuff. I'm guessing this was contracted out to the lowest bidder.

invaderzim likes this.
  6. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

^^ Along with this...

Compartmentalized road contracting.

Road crew tears up road for 345% of the time it SHOULD take.
    They then put down patchy, crappy pavement for the next crew (10 weeks later) to redo the pave job for a "better" ride.

Beatnik and Bill Ferris like this.

7. dondoucette

dondoucette Too Many Projects Subscriber

Oh crap where do I begin... I’m a real curmudgeon, was born, in my estimation, 30 years late.

Lack of basic mathematical skills.
    Making change for instance; clerk says to me $7.25, I hand over $20.25, she saw the $20 and punched that into the register, register said $12.75 change, clerk looks at $20.25 in her hand, screws up her face, looks at me, rolls her eyes, pulls a calculator out of a drawer and proceeds to try and figure out what change to give me. After some frantic button banging and hitting clear a few times she hands over $18.00...

My conscience kicks me in the ass and I give her back the $5...

Anyone who calls records “vinyls”

Whenever I enter a building if there is anyone reasonably close behind me I will open the door and hold it for them, man, woman, child, doesn’t matter. I am always amazed when they stroll right by me without so much as a nod, eye contact, thanks... nothing. In my experience young to middle aged white women are the biggest offenders, just my personal observation.

People who don’t wash their hands after visiting the restroom.

8. CougarXR7

CougarXR7 Sultan of Swing

I know it's been mentioned 1,000 times already, but I'm so sick of people who mindlessly drive with their high beams on - whether it's to conceal the fact that they have a low beam burned out, or they're just mindless and never look at their gauges. Sick of it.

9. vinowino

vinowino Super Member

I think this lack of quick math calculation is the normal now.
    When ever I pay cash in our supermarket the checkout person reads the change on the screen, screws the change up inside any notes and hands the little bundle back.
    By contrast, our local fast food shop around the corner, privately family owned and run (not a big name outlet) by a chinese couple.
    When I pay, their daughter, about 9-10, sitting on a high stool, takes the money draws out change from till and counts it out properly without missing a beat. Why can she do that and a grown person can't?

10. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

Bumper stickers. The only time I've ever used one was to cover up a rust hole in my bumper. I don't see that many anymore which I'm happy about. They are almost as bad as those Baby On Board tags hanging in car windows.

One day I was driving behind a car that had two stickers. On the left was Practice Random Acts of Kindness. On the right, Thank You For Not Breeding. Split personality?

The cars that really bug me are the ones with 20-30 decals and stickers plastered all over the back of the car and window. Did I also mention those people who put mounds of Beanie Babies on the back window ledge? Or multiple baseball caps? Or two or three Kleenex boxes? If you have to sneeze, wouldn't it be more convenient to have the box in the front seat area? And why three boxes?

invaderzim and Bill Ferris like this.
  11. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

"Pics of Your Listening Space";)
    [​IMG]

12. BigElCat

BigElCat Mmm Hmm Subscriber

Since when....I mean who had the idea...of using backup lights on cars as courtesy lights.

As if parking lots weren't confusing enough. Now they can make their cars look like they're in reverse just by pushing the key fob.

Are you a conscientious driver ? Going to wait for them to back out of the slot. Hell, they're not even in there.

13. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Yes because I expect them to back up but the car is not even running. Or occupied.

14. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

static cling
    [​IMG]

15. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:LMAO !!
    Harmless to the animal, messy clean up, but entertaining as Hell, especially if the cat investigated the container on it`s own !!
    That feline was well statically charged !!

meggy and tubed like this.
  16. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette du Fromage Subscriber

Better get out the Discwasher ZeroCat.

Judas Priest, meggy and Bill Ferris like this.

17. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

18. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

"unoptanium"
    "Scroe"
    Mutual or collective masturbation threads (I can think of two).
    Starting sentences without an identifier.

As well a lack of general lack of caring about speling grammarpunctuation spacing or proper capital Yuse.

Ross6860 and Bill Ferris like this.
  19. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger effect. Subscriber

What's that?

20. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

Are you asking?