What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Some of the professionally done "Fake" camcorder shots look-Swear to goodness- like they had some goofball Assistant director standing there going-Emerich, NO, just move it back & forth NO mote than a quarter of an inch....OK, shake it a little,now, up & down.... There ya go, pal.....And those jackazzess get $10 grand for foolishness like that, which was a quarter of what I made working as a Purchasing Agent...

All.
All.
All Chevy "focus group" ads.

The guy with the goatee and an iPad. The focus group of people easily impressed by absurdly large set pieces who don't possess an ounce of context or comparative knowledge about the thing they're being asked about. The abundance of awards and accolades named that none of those people have ever heard of before, and again, provided without context. The cheap shots taken at rival brands. The amazing things that happen that in no way reflect on the car ("Surprise! It's your mom in a Traverse!"). Their cherry-picked statements edited together to make them sound like even bigger overly impressed rubes.

No dude, that Malibu does not look like a Lexus.

So yeah, I despise those commercials. They're annoying at best, deceiving at worst.

The newest one- fake car revealing.

The cars are "revealed" by a cover pullback three times.
It is clear to me that the cover pull-offs are digital. Look at them. There is nothing left behind the beautifully, unbelievably great vehicles after they are removed

I HATE fake stuff.

And those "real people" nitwits are standing there, pretending like they don't know they are Chevys or that they are in a Chevy commercial as the uncovered cars in the room are fake digitally revealed for us, the lemming audience.

Holy crap. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

All.
All.

The guy with the goatee and an iPad. The focus group of people easily impressed by absurdly large set pieces who don't possess an ounce of context or comparative knowledge about the thing they're being asked about. The abundance of awards and accolades named that none of those people have ever heard of before, and again, provided without context. The cheap shots taken at rival brands. The amazing things that happen that in no way reflect on the car ("Surprise! It's your mom in a Traverse!"). Their cherry-picked statements edited together to make them sound like even bigger overly impressed rubes.

So yeah, I despise those commercials. They're annoying at best, deceiving at worst.

It is clear to me that the cover pull-offs are digital. Look at them. There is nothing left behind the beautifully, unbelievably great vehicles after they are removed

I HATE fake stuff.

And those "real people" nitwits are standing there, pretending like they don't know they are Chevys or that they are in a Chevy commercial as the uncovered cars in the room are fake digitally revealed for us, the lemming audience.

Holy crap. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
^Agree, 100%^. With that you can also include "fluffed up" and so typical, reviews of upscale audio products and accessories by internet and magazine blowhards.

I had an '82 K20 Siverado Suburban, w/the 6.2 Diesel. After Generous Motors put the THIRD motor in it, I called "Calfrope" & sold it. The guy who bought it dropped a 350, & drove it for several years. The problem was it had a vehicle-mandatory 4.11 rear/front end, which drove the poor Weasel a LOT faster than it wanted to go. The top speed of the 6.2 was about 45-50, at 65 the motor was in pain, & anything faster than that, you were playing w/fire. Diesels work best in a rather narrow RPM range, generally 1800-3000 RPM. I didn't know any of this, but I learned the hard way. NOBODY made a small V-8 Weasel either, not the Brits, the Krauts, the Americans, NOBODY. They do now, but back then a diesel was basically a 4, 5, or 6 cyl proposition. THAT shoulda told me something right there. And, NO, GM, you CAN'T weaselise a gas motor. Oh, yeah, you can if you wanna have a top rate diesel mechanic come & live w/you, but I didn't have a spare house for him to live in....I had Bethany's husband, Corey take the Mighty Valdez a couple weeks back & give it a top to bottom going thru. It now gets 13-14 MPG, a lot better than the 9 or 10 it was getting.. The 6.8 V-10 just doesn't know how much Oompf it really has....My wife & I gave them a good Christmas. When we both "Kick the Bucket", the whole ball of wax goes to them. The house, yard, cars, guns, coins, they get it all. I always told Bethany I'd always take care of her, & I always intended to keep my word. She is, after all, the closest thing I have to a daughter, & Corey-Well, I could hardly do better than him for a son. We were also determined not to let them get hung out to dry like my sweet, loving sister did to me. She's a lowlife, pure & simple...

All.
All.

I HATE fake stuff.

Heard this morning they pulled one of the ads saying Chevy was most reliable after it came out that only 6% of the people polled responded.

All.
All.

I HATE fake stuff.

You've probably seen this but I just saw it tonight and thought it was a good spoof of the chevy ads

Last edited:
This might be more of a U.K. thing, but my biggest pet peeve is random people who will walk up to someone they don’t know and say something like, “Give us a smile love, it’s not the end of the world,” or “Cheer up darling, it might never happen!”

Two possible options here;
1: The person was actually in a really good mood, they just have a naturally miserable looking face. In which case, you’ve just kindly pointed out to them that even when they’re super happy, they look like a moody old cow, and pretty much ruined their day.

2: The reason they look so miserable is because… You know… They’re actually miserable. Because something really crappy happened, like they lost their job or their grandma died or they just caught their husband cheating on them. In which case, “Cheer up, it might never happen” isn’t exactly useful advice for them, is it?

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited:
Hmmmmpf..... I STAY in a miserable mood-And have since 197`, when I was shuffled off to boarding school, against my will, for he heinous crime of being 14, & needing a better education than the other young male louts my age. I DID get a good edjumacation. got into a decent college, but as all of you know, those who have wasted time reading my missives here & on VK, I'm STILL a rather dispeptic old crank who is pretty much eaten up w/a bad case of the Dumb-Arse. The BEST thing about me is that I'm 62, have quite a lot of really BAD Shyte wrong w/me, so I'm likely to become Worm Food in rather Short Order. The only reason I ain't "Downstairs yet is that Ol' Scratch figgers the crew down there has it bad enuf w/o some smartarse clown boring the living P!ss outta them from now on about old cars, guns, old TVs & radios, etc...

I've been in a basically Foul Humour since 1971. Fat Fingered Freddy strikes again.... At the tony, upper-class Prison I was held/incarcerated at, we had to wear a shirt, tie, grey pants & a blue blazer virtually constantly. Oh yes, and a haircut. And if you tried to cheat, unbutton yr top shirt collar button, some smartass teacher would invariably come up, pull yr tie down, & you'd get a demerit for looking like "Poor White Trash" or some such. Of course, by their standards, I WAS "Poor White Trash, & rather proud of it... Double-knit pants were also Verboten-I remember going into the headmaster's office w/a nice looking pair of trousers that were double knit w/blue & white stripes, they fit me really well & I didn't think they were seditious. The headmaster liked them, the assistant headmaster didn't, but relented & I got to wear them, they DIDN'T disgrace the august patrician mores of the school.... Of course, being double-knits, they looked like @ss after having been worn & normal wear & tear after about a month or so. PITA having to send 'em to the dry cleaner's, too- It was usually a week/week & a half round trip. At least the lady the dry cleaner's had stationed there was nice & friendly. She was kinda like yr fave aunt, or maybe a "Cool" granmaw...

Anyway, more of the same for me.

160bf4a7077f8851576f4ae19e7ffeff2e3ec36f.gif

1. Drivers whose idea of merging onto the highway = 10mph below the speed limit, causing chain braking on the highway. These are the morons who don't have enough foresight to look and plan their merge until there is 40' left in their merge lane. I find myself now assuming that they all will be this annoyance and speed up, not to block their merge, but in order to get ahead of them. :thumbsdown: Either way, I have to adjust my driving to handle these people when it should not even be a thing.

2. This morning's 5AM drive count:
No headlights: 2
High beams all the time: 3
(One behind me :mad:, two oncoming- neither of whom responded to multiple VERY bright flashes from me- I have very high candlepower Hikari 'Eye Of Megatron' LEDs for highs. :mad: )

Last edited:
The drivers who don't get the "one and one" rule. In heavy traffic or if there is a wreck, everyone gets bumper to bumper while others are trying to merge. Why can't everyone relax and leave one car length between each other. Then one car merges in, and one car only. Next car lines up to the next gap, merges and so on. Just like a zipper. Now traffic can flow more freely. Such a simple concept.

Dumb ass engineers who design some of these highways, interchanges, and intersections.

Living proof that just because you got a college degree dosn't mean you got a college education.

Back
Top Bottom