What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

The Austin Powers "Mini-Me" syndrome that has appeared in commercials around here.

Bob's Furniture:

Dan O'Brien Kia:

These ads kind of creep me out. I wake up in a cold sweat with little O'Brien jumping up and down on my chest.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    satellite and OnTheBlitz like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz ->"Throw it again!" Subscriber

Slush Pups

3. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

Maybe you can answer this question for me.

You know how with a green light and your making a left turn from the turn lane with a flashing yellow arrow. In Illinois where I'm from originally almost everyone pulls into the intersection so their ready to make their turn but here in Kentucky at least where I live more than half stay behind the white line and consequently they have to wait for a larger opening in traffic to make the turn which means less people can now turn and causes traffic to back up. Just wondering if it was something that was taught or just a Kentucky habit that proves frustrating at least for me. That's my peeve.

4. usedto

usedto Lunatic Member

Here in CA you are not supposed to enter an intersection unless you are sure you can clear it.

OnTheBlitz likes this.
  5. onwardjames

onwardjames Hoardimus Maximus Subscriber

If I understand you, you're actually pulling into the intersection, without the ability to make the turn??

Yeah, with runaway semis, coal trucks, logging trucks, we tend not to do that. Only a guess, heck, who knows?

Be safe out there, whatever you do. I just wish more people would -

A) use their turning signal BEFORE they turn, or at least use it, period.
    B) realize that left lane on a 4 lane limited access highway is the PASSING lane, not a lane you can just claim as your own, and most importantly,
    C) PUT THE DAMN CELLPHONE DOWN!!

6. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

I think you misunderstood or I explained it badly. No biggie. Time for the next peeve.

onwardjames likes this.

7. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

Turn signals are a sign of intentions, not accomplishment! :)

Gelid, davidb1, OnTheBlitz and 6 others like this.
  8. CougarXR7

CougarXR7 Sultan of Swing

The break room at work. Lately I've found that I can't even eat my lunch in there anymore for the reasons shown below:
    • At least three people loudly discussing something that a professional athlete did recently
    • At least three people loudly discussing whatever game was on TV the previous evening
    • Disgusting table surfaces from people who eat like toddlers and can't clean up after themselves
    • The guy sitting at the table next to me who is chomping down on Doritos with his mouth open
    Sadly, it's gotten to the point where I take my lunch out of the fridge and eat it in my car out in the parking lot. It's better than being surrounded by all that nonsense.

9. philo426

philo426 Super Member

might be tough to do in a Pittsburgh winter!

10. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette au Fromage Subscriber

I mostly eat at my desk because there are two tables in the breakroom: one for the collection of guys who will make the dumbest comments about current events, and the other for a gaggle of ladies who are not dumb but just talk about lady stuff. So you would have to sit by yourself and try to ignore it all. :dunno:

PAGS likes this.
  11. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination.. televised outside concerts people standing at the front. Not for the music but to be on TV, Is it my imagination . That there looking at the screen there at the front just waiting for the camera to show them, Then they pretend they no the words to the song that's being performed and for a momentary 20 second look like there having fun. Then all there concentration goes back to watching the screen for the camera again