What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Neither do I, Skipper, & I'M the one who wrote it.... Lemme 'splain...Some of the younger women who worked where I did were WAY hornier than a lot of the men who worked there, & had boyfriends along w/their husbands. As a result of these extracurricular trysts, they could likely get/develop a case of Genital infestation, otherwise known as Body Crabs. They would argue that they had been FAITHFUL to their erstwhile husband, & had gotten said Bloomer Crickets from their foul place of employment, AKA the Card & Label. But as managers of the Card & Label, we worked hard to keep all sensitive areas of the place spic & span, partially to provide a safe & healthy workplace environment, & partially to stay in compliance w/the law. This was difficult, one had to wonder if the people who worked there treated their own homes in such a manner.

The problem is that their brake lights are either on all of the time, or more annoyingly, randomly intermittent with no associated slowdown, but I have to react because I don't know what they're up to.

It's a bad driving habit for the vast majority of those who do it, not because of any training like you had.
Yes, you have to remember to keep your foot right off the brake pedal when you're not braking. It's helpful if your car has a dead pedal area adjacent the brake.

For somebody following a car with erratic brake light activation, my advice would be to stay the hell back until it's safe to pass.

Then there is the old joke - A marine and a navy guy were both in the restroom peeing in the urinals (yes, in separate ones). They both got done and the Marine washed his hands and the Navy guy just walked out. They saw each other later and the Marine said "the Marines taught me how to wash my hands, why didn't you? The Navy guy said " the Navy taught me not to pee on my hands". Drum roll please.
I heard the same joke many years ago, except it was with a Harvard guy and a Yale guy. Harvard was the one who didn't pee on his hands.

I thought EVERYONE knew about/had heard of Buster De Body Crab... Wasn't he on a riff from one of the 1st Cheech & Chong albums ?!? Larfed me arse off over them back nigh on to 50 yrs ago now... "No stems, no seeds that YOU don't need, Acapulco Gold is-Big sound of Massive Toke-BADASS WEED..." Aww, man, to go back to 1971 or '72, & re-live all those "Heady" days...I/we didn't know/realize how good we truly HAD it all....Worst problem I had was fightin' w/my Dad over the fact I'd let my hair grow over my ears. I was Such a Degenerate long-Haired pinky type commie You-Know-What. I even had a Commie flag on the back wall of the garage...Mbwahahahahaha... You young hipster types ain't got a CLUE as to what I'm talkin' about, but trust me, living back in that era was Totally AWESOME-to put it in terms you can unnerstan....(Grin)

I heard the same joke many years ago, except it was with a Harvard guy and a Yale guy. Harvard was the one who didn't pee on his hands.
Or wash his hands.

I went to a state school. We didn’t pee on our hands and we washed our hands anyhoo.

Why is it when a disposable lighter is kaput, it never gets a proper disposal?? Where do they inevitably end up?? Yep, on the side of the road. I'm back to walking for my health, and I find 2-3 a day. Every day.

Cigarette smokers have to be the most irresponsible people ever (in regards to butts and such).

Not all of us cigarette smokers, Mr. Tim, think the public world is our garbage can, or ashtray !!

But, there does seem to be, an disproportionate of inconsiderate slobs, of all types, permeating this planet !

Ahh, yes... "Uneasy Rider".... Was buds w/a kid from Henegar, Alabama, which was 49 miles from Chattanooga. 50 miles was where you had to involve the school I went to, get parental permission, etc, etc, ad infinitum. I'd drive him home on Sat afternoon, we'd get drunker than the Lords of Creation, & go back to 'Nooga. We'd be almost sober when we got back to school, but since Sat afternoon was "Free", they never checked us anyway. There was a mountain you had to go over to get there, a few times, I had my hand over one eye, so's there were only 2 cars comin' at me instead of 4... "Uneasy" was BIG during that time, we'd holler the lyrics at each other goin' & comin'...Yeah, I was a full-blown Redneck... All I needed was a service station/oil company shirt w/the sleeves torn off a pack of Red Man in me back pocket....

Must be havin' a pretty good day, as I have one...more of an annoyance than anything.

It's when you see some one at a side street and you stop to let them into the flow of traffic, or when you slow down to let some one in front as you know none behind won't. And, they just ignore you. No wave of thanks. No smile. No nothing. They just drive on without any recognition, like they deserved this gesture of politeness.

Am I expecting too much? I always give a wave of "Thanks" as it's just the thing to do. I think.

Q

Too bad they DON'T make them Parrot shirts in size 52 Extra Fat, or I'd have me a BUNCH of 'em... Believe it or not, oncet my Sister called the "Parrot" telephone #, & Jimmy Hisself answered. She said he was a REAL nice guy, they shot the shit for half an hour or so, she bought a bunch of stuff off of him, & it REALLY made her day. You never know....

Lol. He seems like a good guy. I suppose I'd wear the shirts, but not at $200+ each of that's how much they really cost.

Yeah. After he got mega-successful in the eighties & stuff, he kinda lost me.I REALLY missed his early seventies stuff when he was still a struggling, Starving Artist type. I MIGHT be able to buy one of the nametags outta one of them fancy-ass shirts, but $200-Fuggeddaboutit...Homey don't have THAT kinda money to waste on shirts... That kinda dough, you could buy a nice, refurbished Boatanchor of some sort..

Back
Top Bottom