What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by onwardjames, Jun 9, 2014.

1. epifanatic

epifanatic acoustically suspended Subscriber

Our state has introduced legislation to stop the spoofers. Keeping my fingers crossed.

rickb119 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Screen calls 100 percent and check voicemail to see if the call was legit.

Bobcat likes this.
  3. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

ANOTHER thing that sets me off-As if I really needed ANYTHING else-is how disgustingly CHEAP & SHODDY so many things nowadays are.. The Wife bought a tote bag from the grocery store-Trying to be a good Green Citizen & all that Horseshyte, y'know- Well tonite we had occaision to use it. Bought a10 lb bag of ice at the local Sonic, along w/4 bottles of water, & it had tortilla shells in it as well. MAYBE 15 lbs, tops. I grabbed it, headed up the stairs to get into Casa De Unca Sandy, the 2 cloth handles popped off, they just came unstitched. But wait there's more.... I was struggling to NOT drop the ice, one bottle of water fell out, rolled off the porch. I'll get you in a minute, you bestige, I sez to meself... I grab the bag by the corner, it rips & all the rest of the contents scatter to the 4 winds. Naturally, it was effin' POURING, & I was w/o hat or coat. I dunno WTF she paid for that ridiculous POS, but I told her she oughta get her dough-Re-Me back. Seems like every time I try to Behaven Sie, & Do The Right Thing, I get it shoved up my Keester.. Grrrrrrrrrrr.... SCREW all you Green Weinie types, I'll pour used motor oil in the prettiest creek around, round up all the old tires I can find, douse 'em w/gas, set 'em alight, & might even rip off a bunch of "Do NOT Remove This Tag" off some mattresses... Mbwahahahaha... Ain't I a Stinker ?!?

Bill Ferris, ESP, Bynem and 2 others like this.
  4. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Worse when the 2 liters dive bomb after the flimsy plastic bags just disintegrate.Good luck opening them unless you fancy a shower!

5. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Oooohhh, c'mon Sandy! I was all with you until you started talkin' about tags off of mattresses!

That I will Not abide!

6. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger effect. Subscriber

Staplers. They don't tell you when there is only one staple left. So, you unknowingly use the last one, put the stapler back, and the next time you reach for it you're firing blanks. This has taken a year or two off my life. Somebody please come up with an "only one left" indicator.

Quadman2 likes this.

7. Sandy G

Yeah, those "Do NOT Remove this Tag" stickers ALWAYS bemused/amazed/befuddled Yrs Trly when I was a kid. What would they do to you if you DID remove one of 'em ?!? Big fine,summary execution, or Whack yr Pee-Pee? They always said something like "This item contains Kapock, an all-new material"... HOPE it did, if I'm gonna Risk My Life for being a miscreant who tore one of the silly tags off...

8. rickb119

rickb119 AK Subscriber Subscriber

They used to do that. I have a box of "Bates-End-icator" staples in my drawer (they must be at least 25 years old). The last few staples are red to indicate when it's time to re-load. Just checked online and couldn't find them. You could make your own with a red marker.

Bill Ferris, Delta17, Bobcat and 2 others like this.
  9. Bynem

Bynem AK Subscriber Subscriber

That is just wrong.
    End rant.

10. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

People and families who treat public spaces as their personal living room.

- loud
    - crass
    - kids gone wild
    - obnoxious behavior
    - wearing PJs and fuzzy slippers

- Am I missing anything?

rickb119 likes this.
  11. Tronk

Tronk AK Subscriber Subscriber

Of age Kids that claim to be responsible adults that don't respect Anything.

12. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger effect. Subscriber

Now that is an elegantly simple solution! I used staplers almost daily for about 40 years and never saw pre-marked staples.

EDIT: And I feel kind of dumb for thinking of more complicated solutions such as building some sort of indicator into the stapler itself.

rickb119 likes this.
  13. Sandy G

Oh, Dear God..."Unattended Children Will be Sold as Slaves, or Food for our Hungry Lions..." If we could ONLY do that....Down here, in Greater Bugtussle this is ENDEMIC...Poovie Mae, all 5'2", & 250 lbs of her, INSISTS on carting her brood of 6-7 Young 'Uns w/her everywhere she goes, generally she will stumble into whichever restaurant I foolishly enter. Said young 'uns are invariably filthy, w/snotty noses, loud, obnoxious, eat w/their dirty hands, feet, or just cram it into their black-teethed mouths. Their shrill voices have NO modulation, everything is screamed at the tops of their lungs. The older tykes are no better, arguably worse-The 15 yr old boys look like they will hop over the 2 tables separating you from the Kallikack clan, & slice yr throat if he thinks you spent more than 2 seconds perusing his clan, & the 13 yr old girl looks like you could catch Gonococyl Syphieczema if you inadvertently brushed up against her. She, too, likely has, or will shortly, a Bambino here, & another in the oven, w/no Daddy anywhere around...

Bynem and noogies like this.
  14. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette au Fromage Subscriber

The FCC (our fave steaming dump, Ajit Pai) has directed the phone co's to do Something about the roboscammer calls, and they have till some deadline to come up with Something. Whether that will be anything more than "Just don't answer them, folks. Thanks for checking!" remains to be seen.

15. Sandy G

Unless some dog-@ss politico gets some credit or can get some Votes outta this, I don't look for much to happen. Not only that, I'm pretty sure the scammers likely have apps developed & in place that will make whatever law our stalwart Funny Cookie Company comes up with akin to a Model T trying to out-drag a McLaren Mercedes...

HarmanKardon likes this.
  16. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Almost completely clean cars at the car wash - before the car is washed... :crazy:

Tronk and OnTheBlitz like this.

17. bluesky

bluesky Addicted Member

18. Bynem

Bynem AK Subscriber Subscriber

Since the NCAA tournament is starting... pregame shows that are longer than the actual game.

c.coyle likes this.
  19. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette au Fromage Subscriber

^^ Ah yes, the extended Yak Fest. "The game won't be on for hours...oh wait, actually, tomorrow - but we're going to sit here and flap our gums about it anyway."

Bynem likes this.
  20. Beatnik

Beatnik What's this ?

Faucets in the bathroom that are not long enough to get your hands under.

c.coyle and HarmanKardon like this.