What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

...........hi ball, I can't understand the drivers who do not grasp the concept of "right lane, slower traffic, left lane FASTER traffic."

Is that difficult or something?...........

To clear up an apparently common misconception, the left lane isn't for people who want to exceed the speed limit (traffic court is for those people). The left lane is for passing (while not exceeding the speed limit), for turning left, or for entering a road from the left side. In my state, there is no lane considered by law enforcement to be the appropriate lane for speeding.

I don't camp out in the left lane, but on the brief and legitimate occasions when I am in the left lane, I won't risk a ticket just to avoid momentarily inconveniencing some reckless scofflaw.

People who for whatever reason cannot grasp the intricate complex nature that is a 4-way stop intersection.

Matt

Some folks really are stupid, but I think many just don't give a crap about anyone else.

hitting a stop sign at the same time as someone else. they have the right of way but wave you to go.

stop coordinating traffic and just follow the rules of the road.

hmmm. i haven't gone through the thread but i just noticed the quote above me... i might be rehashing old comments.

going to a convenient store to buy 1 simple thing only to be stuck behind 3 people who have to cash in lottery tickets and buy 30 dollars more worth.

I LOATHE lottery ticket people.

Sorry to say, there are a number of local businesses that still have TV Repair signs over the door and no longer do repairs; now they just sell appliances. I can understand why people ask before hauling in their gigantic screens for repair, only to be told, "Oh, that sign's old, we don't do repairs anymore."

When you walk into my shop, it's rather OBVIOUS that we're a tv/electronics repair facility.... unless you're legally blind, or an infant. :D

Down here in Greater Bugtussle, we've only had 4 lane roads for, oh, 40 years or so, so a LOT of the older folks STILL dunno how to drive on 'em.... Ma & Pa Kettle get up on the "BIG" road, IMMEDIATELY get in the left lane at a SCORCHING 46 MPH, & STAY there for 5 miles til they get to Tennessee Hwy 346, the 2 lane blacktop that takes 'em back to Big Piney, & their farm, just past Heifer Junction..

Credits at the end of a TV movie that go by at the speed of light. There's me trying to find out who played on the soundtrack....and....gone.

People with DARE License Plates that cannot drive without speeding.

I guess it's OK to speed, just not while drunk.

Speaking of four way stops.

I get irrationally angry when the person with right of way waves me on to go ahead of them.

I know that's polite but if you got to the white line first then that's just not how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who think my tax dollars paid for a special lane just for them to break the law while I'm stuck in the pot hole filled right lane obeying the law.

Oops, just noticed stereofanboy beat me to this one.

Last edited:
So, I'm listening to NPR this morning, and as always, the announcer says

"Today, expect a high of 80 degrees."

I worked in radio as a DJ for 12 years. One of the cardinal sins back then was to state "Degrees". I mean, hell, OF COURSE it is degrees. What else would it be? Kelvins? Ohms? Yards?

:D

So, with this very lighthearted thread, let us all blow off a little frustration, perhaps have a few laughs, and share some of the things that make us itch in unreachable to scratch locations.

One of my all time pet peeves.

Me to young waitress/cashier/etc - "Thank you!"

reply from young waitress/cashier/etc - "No problem."

When did this become the standard reply? What happened to "You're welcome." The implication was "Hey, I was busy, you interrupted me, but it's "no problem".

I'm 41 years old, going on 100. :D

Anything goes, but please, no political or other things the forum rules do not allow.

One of mine is when someone says "Take Care"!
Like I don't do it all the time maybe only once in a while!

Or another one like "I love you" but only when it's from someone I can't love back!:scratch2:

To clear up an apparently common misconception, the left lane isn't for people who want to exceed the speed limit (traffic court is for those people). The left lane is for passing (while not exceeding the speed limit), for turning left, or for entering a road from the left side. In my state, there is no lane considered by law enforcement to be the appropriate lane for speeding.

I don't camp out in the left lane, but on the brief and legitimate occasions when I am in the left lane, I won't risk a ticket just to avoid momentarily inconveniencing some reckless scofflaw.

Yes, didn't mean to imply speeding was okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

"Have a nice/good Day" is a WAY overused expression. A friend told me in some states, Police Officers/Deputies/Troopers are not allowed to say "Have a Nice Day" when they hand you a ticket.

Welp, it has graduated now to "Have a GREAT day!". :tongue: I hear it constantly in stores and restaurants. They must be told to say it by their managers.

HEY...what if I don't wanna have a great day? What if I only wanna have a good day, or a nice day?? Or a meh day?

I'LL HAVE ANY KIND OF DAY I WANT TO, TYVM!!! :butt1:

Down here in Greater Bugtussle, we've only had 4 lane roads for, oh, 40 years or so, so a LOT of the older folks STILL dunno how to drive on 'em.... Ma & Pa Kettle get up on the "BIG" road, IMMEDIATELY get in the left lane at a SCORCHING 46 MPH, & STAY there for 5 miles til they get to Tennessee Hwy 346, the 2 lane blacktop that takes 'em back to Big Piney, & their farm, just past Heifer Junction..

Well ya know, thar just going to the dry goods store to fetch thar vittles and supplies for the month.

A "Musical" pet peeve is that they NEVER play The Diamonds' 1959 hit, "She Say" anymore. Lessee, 4 nice lookin' guys in suits, singing 4-part harmony vs Miley twerkin' ?!? Sorry, Miley, I gotta go w/real musicianship here..

The Weather Channel no longer broadcasts weather, unless something is on fire, exploding, flooding, or being blown away. I have zero interest in Ice Fishing Extreme Claim Jumping Jumbo Monster Nitro-Burning Funny Cars on The Weather Channel.

"Vinyls."

I will leave the rest for now.

EDIT: Whoops, I lied. Online newspaper headlines that are teasers instead of being informative. "You will never believe what this [Fill in the blank] did next!" You're right, I won't believe it, because I'm not clicking on the link, NBC (or CNN, CBC, Fox, etc). Headlines are expository, not teasers. They summarize what the story is about, nothing more. AND TEACH YOUR JOURNALISTS HOW TO SPELL!

Thanks Wiggy, Thanks for reminding me how useless the Weather Channel is.

I live out west, The Weather channel channel spends the vast majority of their time covering about 3 to 4 states back east and tries to call that national coverage.

Also ...Earthquakes, Volcanoes and the like belong on the GEOLOGY CHANNEL not on the Weather Channel !!! :nono:

And don't get me started on the History Channel! :no:

"Why should I have to have a Nice Day just because of some loose-lipped clerk? Maybe I've had 47 NIce Days in a row, and by God I'm ready to have a crappy day!" - George Carlin

Back
Top Bottom