What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

At 63, I have plenty.

Don't know if its unique to California, but I love the yuppies who spend every effin' dime they have, go into debt for God knows how long, to buy some $80-100K efforeign car, then go out and buy faux gold plated license plate frames with the brand name of their car on it.

People who turn INTO the left turn lane then drive in it until they can merge into traffic. Happens to me all the time when I'm about to turn into my sub, some asshat will whip out of a parking lot or side street and end up nose to nose with me.

Fancy move, Parnelli. No whatcha gonna do?

Asking a 'sales associate' where something is at Menard's and then getting a response of 'it's over there in the far corner of the store' to which I tell them to show me exactly where. Then getting the eyes rolling in the back of the head look and a big heavy sigh which I'm supposed to interpret as 'I'm sacrificing my life for you' attitude.

As long as we're picking on the History Channel, what happened to "history"? I have no interest in aliens, or pawn shops, or conspiracy theories.

Whatever happened to "Wings" (the airplane documentaries, not the sitcom.)

My wife calls me a "cable Nazi". I can't stand to have someone make a rats nest of my cables, yet I am quite slovenly with everything else!

Asking a 'sales associate' where something is at Menard's and then getting a response of 'it's over there in the far corner of the store' to which I tell them to show me exactly where. Then getting the eyes rolling in the back of the head look and a big heavy sigh which I'm supposed to interpret as 'I'm sacrificing my life for you' attitude.

You would understand their attitude after at least two weeks of a job like that. Even if you don't show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

people that can't cook,and dont to want to learn how.

I don't really understand that one. I can't cook and don't care to learn how. Waste of time for someone like me who actually likes microwave pizza and top ramen, etc. I can open a can and heat the contents. Done. Why would that bother anyone else?

Now, my wife is a gourmet chef, and I do enjoy her cooking. But that again means I don't have to cook, which is great because again, I don't know how and I don't care to learn.

I don't understand people who don't use Linux and can't be arsed to learn, so I guess I get it on some level, though. :thmbsp:

Oh yes, and here's another one. I'm color-blind. People seem to think it means I am deaf. If I say I can't tell the difference between their red this and their green that, they think if they SHOUT it at me or repeat the colors VERY SLOWLY, I will suddenly be able to see the colors. Bloody hell.

At 11:15 every night , it comes across the TV, "And now Severe Weather Alerts . Hey everybody , tomorrow is gonna be nice " ???

As long as we're picking on the History Channel, what happened to "history"? I have no interest in aliens, or pawn shops, or conspiracy theories.

Whatever happened to "Wings" (the airplane documentaries, not the sitcom.)

It's the dumbing down of Murikka. People don't want to learn history, politics, science, or anything else that might be useful. They'd rather watch a bunch of made up, scripted crap called "reality" TV, and some morons supposedly selling their household junk.

TV is opium for the masses.

When you walk into my shop, it's rather OBVIOUS that we're a tv/electronics repair facility.... unless you're legally blind, or an infant. :D

I actually am legally blind in one eye.

So tempting to say "YEAH AND YOU'RE A BIG BABY TOO!" but someone might take it the wrong way. :lmao: Just hate to pass up a fat slow pitch like that. :D

Oh yes, and here's another one. I'm color-blind. People seem to think it means I am deaf. If I say I can't tell the difference between their red this and their green that, they think if they SHOUT it at me or repeat the colors VERY SLOWLY, I will suddenly be able to see the colors. Bloody hell.

That, sir, is hilarious. :thmbsp: People are dumb!

Edit: Somewhere there is a National Enquirer cover with the headline, "AMAZING BOY SEES WITH HIS EARS!" Maybe they thought you were him.

Last edited:
TV Land
Why does it now take 36 minutes to show a half hour sitcom ?

Reminds me , my cousin was so dumb , it took him a hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes .

^ Because they have to load it down with more and more commercials. I'd say about 40% of TV is now ads.

:p:

Back
Top Bottom